***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,173 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
CajunAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfc-east-one-worst-divisions-110153109.html
jr15aggie
AG
Yep, the East is pretty bad.

And the Cowboys are quite the enigma. Their + 74 point differential is 3rd best in the NFC and 6th best in the NFL. Their only wins all season have been against teams with losing records, yet, their games against some of the best teams are usually close and come down to the last possession.

It's 100% coaching and how the players are instructed to play the game. Use our secondary and lack of INTs (year after year) as an easy example. It's blatantly obvious our lack of picks is based on how they tell our guys to play over the top and not take risks jumping routes. It hasn't been working for years and they refuse to change. They've had some success at times, so they plow ahead with the same message. It's so obvious to everybody that it's not how championship football is played.

DannyDuberstein
AG
In reading the Chris Petersen news today, I came across this pic. Cracked me up.

ElephantRider
AG
He is a goofy-looking ****
investorAg83
AG
From the ticket this morning...somehow we lost to New England and then were embarrassed by Buffalo only to see our odds to make the playoffs go up.
jr15aggie
AG
ElephantRider said:

He is a goofy-looking ****

And yet....

the last of the bohemians
We could conceivably go 8 and 8 without losing a division game. Inconceivable
Confucius
expresswrittenconsent said:

What's the line for 12 win NFC west runner up @the nfc east winner?

I think Seattle's record is a bit misleading, and Dallas would give them a game in Jerryworld. I want no part of SF until a conference championship game.
ApachePilot
AG
ApachePilot
AG
The cowboys are built to beat my Hawks. I hate the match up and in Dallas in the playoffs the game would be a toss up. I'm praying the Hawks win out and get the home field and bye week. I want no part of a Dallas Cowboy team with nothing to lose at home. Cowboys have the talent to win.
Baby Billy
AG
ApachePilot said:

The cowboys are built to beat my Hawks. I hate the match up and in Dallas in the playoffs the game would be a toss up. I'm praying the Hawks win out and get the home field and bye week. I want no part of a Dallas Cowboy team with nothing to lose at home. Cowboys have the talent to win.

The cowboys couldn't beat the Jets. Y'all will be fine
Ag12thman
AG
Not sure if serious. This Seattle team I'm seeing on TV right now is very talented and far better-coached than Dallas. They will be very, very tough to beat at home with that crowd.
ApachePilot
AG
Ag12thman said:

Not sure if serious. This Seattle team I'm seeing on TV right now is very talented and far better-coached than Dallas. They will be very, very tough to beat at home with that crowd.

No I'm saying if we are the 5 seed and gotta go to Dallas. At home in Seattle the Hawks are tough.
BMX Bandit
Confucius said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

What's the line for 12 win NFC west runner up @the nfc east winner?

I think Seattle's record is a bit misleading, and Dallas would give them a game in Jerryworld. I want no part of SF until a conference championship game.
I feel the opposite

While I think SF is better overall, I want no part of Russel Wilson in playoffs. would like to at least win a wild card game.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

The cowboys couldn't beat the Jets. Y'all will be fine
didn't you hear? Jets were playoff contender.
jr15aggie
AG
So we beat Seattle somewhat convincingly in last year's playoffs.

One team makes adjustments and fields a much improved team this year. The other just keeps doing the exact same thing and is shocked when the results are the same.
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

So we beat Seattle somewhat convincingly in last year's playoffs.

One team makes adjustments and fields a much improved team this year. The other just keeps doing the exact same thing and is shocked when the results are the same.

So you're saying Dallas didn't make any changes from last season?
jr15aggie
AG
They made some changes to the offense, and we've seen good results. But the passive defense and overall message hasn't changed.

The voice has gotten stale.
diehard03
Quote:

They made some changes to the offense, and we've seen good results. But the passive defense and overall message hasn't changed.

I think people are blinded by the empty yardage the cowboys are racking up. 15 points on 426 yards isn't "good results".
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
What in Dallas 2019 makeup tells anyone they'd beat Seattle? Lol. They aren't unless something major changes or a big bulb goes off with the players or coaching staff.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Jerry still sticking to his guns:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/jerry-jones-nothing-in-my-mind-says-we-cant-take-it-to-the-house/
Ag Natural
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I think people are blinded by the empty yardage the cowboys are racking up. 15 points on 426 yards isn't "good results".

Yeah the offense is very good in terms in some ways. But the defense and ST production has been so terrible the points are scarce. Imagine this offense with a short field every so often?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Ag Natural said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

Yeah the offense is very good in terms in some ways. But the defense and ST production has been so terrible the points are scarce. Imagine this offense with a short field every so often?
Bend don't break isn't working this year. LVE taking a step back and now hurt and the exposure of Awuzie stings. Also, I know people hate the guy on this board but I think not having Heath for this bad stretch has hurt. Yes, he's not the fastest but he has the most amount of picks on this team and absolutely PUNISHES people.

We give up way too many easy first downs on first down and our 3rd down defense has been exposed. The Bills ran crossing route after crossing route Thursday. They also know we only have 1 guy that can defend in man coverage (see cole beaseley torching us).

Offense is just too damn predictable. Too many first down runs, not enough motion, no trickery, not enough Jarwin, why haven't we ran Dak at all in these last few games?

Amari has regressed and Gallup all of a sudden has the drops. Zeke has regressed as well.

I think this team is just tired of Garrett and Jerry openly supporting him sucks the life out of the thought that "well he may be gone" Basically, I think the team is just going through the motions and waiting for the offseason and Cabo-Training-Camp.
diehard03
Quote:

Sure, Cowboys are worst in average starting field position. But let's no pretend that offensive misfires are putting them in positions to walk away with no points when you have the ball inside their 30.
Proposition Joe
I doubt very much any team that is in line to go to the playoffs is mailing it in waiting for the off-season.
diehard03
Quote:

Offense is just too damn predictable. Too many first down runs, not enough motion, no trickery, not enough Jarwin, why haven't we ran Dak at all in these last few games?

They seemed to do fairly well on 1st down runs against Buffalo.
investorAg83
AG
You know...I realize I have to have maroon colored glasses on. But for a defense that is struggling to create turnovers, why is Donovan Wilson not getting much playing time? He graded out as the number 1 rookie of the preseason and proved to have a nose for the football. I know he was banged up at the beginning of the year but I'm pretty sure he's been 100% for a while now.
diehard03
Quote:

why is Donovan Wilson not getting much playing time

He's a special teamer. He's literally played 1 snap at defense the whole year...

edit: he probably hasn't shown in practice that he's worthy of replacing either woods/thompson. There's a reason why he's not in the game.
Ag Natural
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

why is Donovan Wilson not getting much playing time

He's a special teamer. He's literally played 1 snap at defense the whole year...

edit: he probably hasn't shown in practice that he's worthy of replacing either woods/thompson. There's a reason why he's not in the game.

Yeah hes played one defensive snap and it was a TD given up to the Vikings. So his plus minus is terrible

Seriously I've had the same thought. Even if he makes mistakes the dude is a ball hawk. This defense hasnt created a TO in 4 weeks. That's almost impossible.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

Exactly my point. Good results on offense not translating well... yeah... well, that tends to happen with 95% of your drives start at or inside your own 20.

The coaching staff has done NOTHING to help starting field position. Getting zero from special teams and the defensive gameplan rarely forces the other team to go 3 & Out. And I honestly can't remember our last take-away. (I just looked it up... we haven't caused a single turnover since the Giants game. Wow)

At some point the coaches have to change the message... something like, I don't care if we give up some big plays... GET THAT MOTHER F'N FOOTBALL OR I'LL FIND SOMEBODY WHO WILL.
Pignorant
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Ron Rivera is available...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/panthers-fire-ron-rivera/
Macarthur
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

He would be an upgrade to JG.
ApachePilot
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

This makes no sense. The guy had a young QB most of the season. I thought he did well with what he had. And he was in a super bowl just a few years ago. Wow
the last of the bohemians
The Cowboys defense sacks to defense turnovers ratio has to be near all time worst. To me this implies that the safeties (the usual turnover recipients) are playing way too safe or simply do not have NFL talent. Why the safety position is so undervalued is beyond me. The good ones make huge impacts on seasons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.