***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,507 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigem1223 said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

I got a Fantasy update on Gallup, his status has changed from Out to Questionable so it appears he is close to a return. Let's see if he practices this week.
His loss has definitely been felt. Cowboys have to do a better job down the road dealing with injuries if they want to compete in December & January. They are going to happen. But it's clear we are noticeably better with Gallop.
Garrett is our Achilles heel in both big regular season games and playoff games.
So we haven't won any big regular season games the last 2 out of 3 years. I guess on the road at Atlanta and at home v. the Saints last year doesn't count anymore?

I understand that Garrett isn't Sean Payton, but he gets zero credit for wins and all the blame for losses from some of y'all.

He is a known quantity. If you want to see cartwheels and high fives for winning 8 games, you're going to be disappointed, because that isnt how the internet works. A decade in and he hasn't sniffed a conf title game, let alone any thoughts of actually winning a super bowl. That is the goal and he isnt good enough to come close to achieving it.

Heres a little red meat for the 6 of you who run around making dozens upon dozens of posts on this thread complaining about how underrated and mistreated poor old Jason Garrett is - last year in the playoffs he outcoached a guy with a
super bowl ring. Sure, the next week a 10yr old coach and a 77 year old running back dominated him, but still, for that one day he coached circles around pete carroll.

Here's some facts for ya.

- Only one other coach has more wins since 2016 than red. (I'll save the math for ya, that doesn't equate to 8 wins a year)
- 10-1divisional record in his last 11
- 3 division titles in the last 5 years.

The rams were a better team last season. Is Garrett the best coach? No. But he's certainly not a bad or even average coach. His coaching record is proof of that.
It's really not fair, but this is the way it is.

When you have 5 super bowls already, all that really matters is Super Bowls. Garrett got owned twice by McCarthy and Rodgers in the divisional round, he got owned by mcveigh and Goff in the divisional round. To go even further back, Phillips got owned by coughlin in the divisional round. Notice how I keep bringing up the divisional round?

It's all about championships and going to the super bowl. We haven't done that since the 90's. If we don't make it to at least the NFC title game this year, the Jones family needs to go in another direction at head coach.

Most cowboy fans are probably a little uneasy this week. We just got beat by a superior coach who was fighting with one hand ( his dominant hand) tied behind his back. Our game plan was pathetic and it didn't even come close to actually working. Should have been more aggressive from the get go. Too many runs on first down. Look familiar? The Scott linehan special.

If you want to celebrate division titles then go be a fan of the Houston Texans.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

I got a Fantasy update on Gallup, his status has changed from Out to Questionable so it appears he is close to a return. Let's see if he practices this week.
His loss has definitely been felt. Cowboys have to do a better job down the road dealing with injuries if they want to compete in December & January. They are going to happen. But it's clear we are noticeably better with Gallop.
Garrett is our Achilles heel in both big regular season games and playoff games.
So we haven't won any big regular season games the last 2 out of 3 years. I guess on the road at Atlanta and at home v. the Saints last year doesn't count anymore?

I understand that Garrett isn't Sean Payton, but he gets zero credit for wins and all the blame for losses from some of y'all.

He is a known quantity. If you want to see cartwheels and high fives for winning 8 games, you're going to be disappointed, because that isnt how the internet works. A decade in and he hasn't sniffed a conf title game, let alone any thoughts of actually winning a super bowl. That is the goal and he isnt good enough to come close to achieving it.

Heres a little red meat for the 6 of you who run around making dozens upon dozens of posts on this thread complaining about how underrated and mistreated poor old Jason Garrett is - last year in the playoffs he outcoached a guy with a
super bowl ring. Sure, the next week a 10yr old coach and a 77 year old running back dominated him, but still, for that one day he coached circles around pete carroll.

- Only one other coach has more wins since 2016 than red. (I'll save the math for ya, that doesn't equate to 8 wins a year)

The rams were a better team last season. Is Garrett the best coach? No. But he's certainly not a bad or even average coach. His coaching record is proof of that.

When you have 5 super bowls already, all that really matters is Super Bowls. Garrett got owned twice by McCarthy and Rodgers in the divisional round, he got owned by mcveigh and Goff in the divisional round. To go even further back, Phillips got owned by coughlin in the divisional round. Notice how I keep bringing up the divisional round?

It's all about championships and going to the super bowl. We haven't done that since the 90's. If we don't make it to at least the NFC title game this year, the Jones family needs to go in another direction at head coach.

Most cowboy fans are probably a little uneasy this week. We just got beat by a superior coach who was fighting with one hand ( his dominant hand) tied behind his back. Our game plan was pathetic and it didn't even come close to actually working. Should have been more aggressive from the get go. Too many runs on first down. Look familiar? The Scott linehan special.

If you want to celebrate division titles then go be a fan of the Houston Texans.

At what point is it on the players? If you actually go back and review the looks they were getting on first down it made since for them to run the ball. The saints kept 2 safeties deep consistently throughout the game. The OL just played a terrible game and the saints front whooped them. It's not on the coaching staff when we can't get more than 3 yards against 6 and 7 man fronts. Fredrick, Martin and Williams were all terrible.

I want championships as well and am not happy with just division titles. I'm also realistic about it. There are only a handful of coaches with rings today. Instead of constantly *****ing and whining about Garrett and players like Heath I'll sit back, root for them to succeed and enjoy the season.
PatAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

At what point is it on the players? If you actually go back and review the looks they were getting on first down it made since for them to run the ball. The saints kept 2 safeties deep consistently throughout the game. The OL just played a terrible game and the saints front whooped them. It's not on the coaching staff when we can't get more than 3 yards against 6 and 7 man fronts. Fredrick, Martin and Williams were all terrible.

I want championships as well and am not happy with just division titles. I'm also realistic about it. There are only a handful of coaches with rings today. Instead of constantly *****ing and whining about Garrett and players like Heath I'll sit back, root for them to succeed and enjoy the season.
So if you are getting walloped in the trenches on the run game, why would you keep running it in those spots. Maybe because you reverted back to the uber conservative road game strategy from previous years
Ag Natural
AG
I think this had more to do with the Saints lining up with run favorable fronts and Dak was checking to run plays. The problem is the Saints front was still stuffing the plays.

With all the checking that happens nowadays it seems like a defense could bait the QB into an audible and they'd know exactly what was coming.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

I think this had more to do with the Saints lining up with run favorable fronts and Dak was checking to run plays. The problem is the Saints front was still stuffing the plays.

With all the checking that happens nowadays it seems like a defense could bait the QB into an audible and they'd know exactly what was coming.
Yes. I saw a couple of things on twitter that NO was giving Dallas looks that say run. The problem was that Our G's & C had one of their worst games in recent memory. And, you have to give credit to NO...Their DL played outstanding.
bonfarr
AG
Quote:

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett expects wide receiver Michael Gallup to practice today. Gallup might be limited but is ready to get out there, Garrett added.

TMACsDaMan
Collins has an achy back. Not practicing today.

LT Fleming
LG Sua-Filo
C Frederick
RG Martin
RT Williams
jr15aggie
AG
Seems like every year there is one injury that plagues the team all year. One year it's hammy's... the next it's the high ankle, this year its most definitely the back!
Grapesoda2525
How is the packers defensive line?

We really need to go 2-1 at least before the bye.
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

How is the packers defensive line?

We really need to go 2-1 at least before the bye.

Average. Damn sure isn't the NO d line.
ac04
they are among the worst teams in the league defending the run
gigem1223
2 good book ends in the Smiths, but very weak against the run. If we can't get Zeke going in this game we lose and consider me very concerned.
Kellso
jr15aggie said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

For some reason I really wasn't that upset or put off by Sunday nights game.

Its just one game, and I felt like the Cowboys were actually the better team....

...Also, for a young team like this, a loss may not be the worst thing to happen. Lets em refocus...

I'll harken back to the '92 team... we stroll into our 4th game feeling very good about ourselves, but facing a very good Philly team. Monday Night Football. They kicked our ass. Their defense in particular just shut us down. Every yard gained running was a fight. Every catch we made there was a defender tackling us immediately.

As a young kid I remember thinking after, "well, I guess it's not our year, it's Philly's year. They are too good, we can't compete".

And then we kicked the crap out of them 34-10 in the playoffs on our way to the SB.

If Brees had played in this game it would have been very similar instead of a close game. It would have been an ass kicking.

But I agree you need these growing pains games. I hate watching it, but I'll sit back and see how they respond.

Im right there with ya.

This season still feels like 1992 all over again.

I went to the state fair on the Monday night that the 1992 Cowboys played the Eagles.
I remember getting home and watching Philly stomp us (again...back then Philly always seem to destroy the Cowboys) and thinking to myself...."Damn, I thought the Cowboys were going to turn the corner this year"

That team responded becoming better and better as the season progressed.

This game on Sunday is important. If Jason Garrett is going to take this team to the next level then I need to see a win on Sunday.

While Im not super high on JG as a coach, I am not as down on him as some of you are. He usually does a great job of getting this team to rebound from tough losses.

This game against the Packers is one that the 2010-15 Cowboys would have lost.
This is a home game against a tough opponent. One that you might face in the post season.

Green Bay has an amazing quarterback and a really difficult offense to defend.....but they are easy to beat if you have lineman that can get pressure on the Quarterback without having to blitz.

I went back and rewatched the 2016 playoff game against Green Bay and what struck me is that the Dallas defensive line was DOMINATED by the Green Bay offensive line.
They barely touched Aaron Rogers and the only way they got any pressure was through blitzing.

I think the Cowboys defense is way more talented than what they trotted out in 2016 and 2017.
I think Green Bay will score a late touchdown to make the game look closer than it actually was.

Dallas 28
Green Bay 24
bonfarr
AG

Oh damn Jay Gruden DGAF.

Did he decide to start Colt McCoy before or after smoking the weed?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TyHolden
AG
bonfarr said:

Oh damn Jay Gruden DGAF.

Did he decide to start Colt McCoy before or after smoking the weed?
he gone?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Video is months old. Not conclusive evidence it's a blunt. Weed is legal in DC and Maryland. NBD.

He should be fired, but not for this.
Ag Natural
AG
Weed is legal in DC but they test for it in the NFL.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's also legal for anyone stuck working for Dan Snyder.
bonfarr
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Video is months old. Not conclusive evidence it's a blunt. Weed is legal in DC and Maryland. NBD.

He should be fired, but not for this.

Doesn't matter if it is legal or not the video is not a good look for the head coach of your franchise. The fact that it is leaked now makes you wonder the source, my guess is it is ownership looking for leverage when they fire him
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
I would agree with you, but if Snyder fires him for cause, he will lose, because that is not conclusive evidence it is weed (it could very well be tobacco), and it's not against the law to hit on of age women.
PooDoo
AG
Coaches get drug tested too.
Grapesoda2525
Heard a rumor that Gruden didn't want to draft Haskins and Snyder forced him too, now Snyder is pissed that Haskins isn't playing even tho the kid clearly isn't ready. What a mess. I hope the skids are stuck with Snyder forever. they are so incompetent.
BMX Bandit
PooDoo said:

link?
BMX Bandit
Easy money out there today:

Packers 16
Cowboys 24

TyHolden
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Easy money out there today:
Packers 16
Cowboys 24

28-14 Boys. Ez money.
BenFiasco14
AG
Doing a sober October. Hoping this game won't make me regret that.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

PooDoo said:

link?
Wade Wilson Suspended

This was 2007, so it may have changed. This was a ridiculous. Wilson was sick and took testosterone or HGH to help. He ended up dying at a very young age.

In principle, I'm not sure why you'd care if a coach is taking a PED. However, for recreational drugs it would be very hypocritical to allow coached to use while banning players.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/10/09/nfl-coaches-arent-subject-to-drug-testing-like-players-but-can-be-suspended-by-league/
TyHolden
AG
Skins up 7-0 on NE
Grapesoda2525
DSAg44 said:

Skins up 7-0 on NE
Why is this a positive?

We aren't competing with New England for playoff position.
Agnzona
Is Dallas the worst TV market for an NFL fan to live in?

The games we get on TV here are almost always NFC east and almost always terrible matchups. Do Cowboy fans really want to watch these games? Just give us a good match up regardless of teams.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
TyHolden
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DSAg44 said:

Skins up 7-0 on NE
Why is this a positive?

because I don't like the patriots
JAggie2007
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DSAg44 said:

Skins up 7-0 on NE
Why is this a positive?

I don't exactly think we're competing with Washington for playoff postion either...
Grapesoda2525
11 penalties for 124 yards. The game was at home too. It feels like the refs were atrocious the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying it's why we lost, but those guys definitely made some bad calls which benefited our opponents.

Garrett, Jerry, and our star players should take some shots at the refs and rack up some fines. We shouldn't have to take this garbage.
ChemAg15
AG
Turnovers continue to kill us. Seems like Prescott caused a couple of those interceptions by trying to force a play instead of hitting the check down. Receivers have to catch balls that hit them in the hands. This team is so talented if they could just get out of their own way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.