***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,164 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Typical negotiation tactics. Someone from the Cowboys' front office wants the fans to turn against Prescott by releasing this information. Personally, I don't believe that Prescott asked for $40MM. He can't be that out of touch with reality.
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

$10mm/year isn't going to be enough to get Zeke. If that's a true report, not a surprise he hasn't signed.

Dal knows he isn't getting $40mm. But why not try to eke out every penny you can? The pressure is on the cowboys because no 5th year option.
Because you want to play on a winning team. If every players goes for the max they're going to end up being crap.
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

$10mm/year isn't going to be enough to get Zeke. If that's a true report, not a surprise he hasn't signed.

Dal knows he isn't getting $40mm. But why not try to eke out every penny you can? The pressure is on the cowboys because no 5th year option.
There's not all that much pressure. The Cowboys can franchise him for 2 years if he doesn't sign. Maybe if he wins the MVP this year they could justify giving him $40m.
BMX Bandit
Dak trying to eke out more before sighing isn't going to be the difference between being losing or winning team.
BMX Bandit
Franchise him, Zeke & Cooper? How that going to work.

The cowboys DONT want to franchise Dak. They will if they have to, but that's the contact that I'm least worried about. It's going to get done
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Dak trying to eke out more before sighing isn't going to be the difference between being losing or winning team.
But if you set the precedent then everyone goes for the max. Dak gets an extra 10m, Zeke gets an extra 5m, Cooper gets an extra 3m.. it adds up. Next thing you know you've got minimum salary players at every backup spot.
ac04
this is clearly a cowboys leak to apply pressure. "he turned down $30MM" fails to mention the most important aspect which is guaranteed money.
BMX Bandit
Every good player already "goes for the max". There's no precedent being set on this
Ag Natural
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Every good player already "goes for the max". There's no precedent being set on this

Not true at all. Even the Great Michael Irvin has talked about taking a little bit less so they could go win championships. The NFL is a hard cap. Tom Brady and Drew Breese have been taking great but not maxed out deals for years. Tyrone Smith took a reasonable deal. DLaw took less than he could have maxxed out at just this offseason.
mike_ags_fan12
Not getting 40mil/year.

He will probably sign 33-35/year.
bonfarr
AG
Vrry soon L'ael Collins, Jaylon Smith, Byron Jones, Chidobe Awuzie and a few other players with contracts that need to be extended are going to get tired of the demands. They all support each other to an extent when it comes to getting what they deserve but they all know anything Dak and Zeke squeeze out of Jerry means there is less available for them and if it starts to potentially cost them wins they will get more vocal.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
. . .
Quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/source-dak-prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

A PFT source quickly shot down the report, saying it is false based on either new money or total value at signing.
dave94
AG
. . . said:

Quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/source-dak-prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

A PFT source quickly shot down the report, saying it is false based on either new money or total value at signing.

David Moore pretty much verified on the Ticket that Dak hasn't asked for $40MM.
TyHolden
AG
dave94 said:

. . . said:

Quote:

David Moore pretty much verified on the Ticket that Dak hasn't asked for $40MM.
that's Steven Jones leaking to show his negotiating skills
gigem1223
Plantar fascia irritation for Cooper. That's one of those injuries that can linger and ruin a receivers season.
. . .
PatAg
AG
Is that confirm somewhere or just your speculation
expresswrittenconsent
PatAg said:

Is that confirm somewhere or just your speculation

From cowboys practice reports.
BenFiasco14
AG
In late.

Gotta say though, quite the ****show to begin the season with Zeke refusing to show up to practice and Dak trying to raid the coffers.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TyHolden
AG
If we kill the cap with Zeke, we'll never get Payton here....
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gigem1223 said:

Plantar fascia irritation for Cooper. That's one of those injuries that can linger and ruin a receivers season.

And now Garrett has his 2019 excuse ready to go.
BMX Bandit
BenFiasco14 said:

In late.

Gotta say though, quite the ****show to begin the season with Zeke refusing to show up to practice and Dak trying to raid the coffers.
contract negotiation is "raid the coffers" now?

BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

BenFiasco14 said:

In late.

contract negotiation is "raid the coffers" now?

Dark wanting 40 mil is definitely "raid the coffers"
bonfarr
AG
Bob Sturm has a great article in The Athletic about all of the contract negotiations and their potential cloud over this camp. That OL knows that if Zeke and Dak get what they want then they get busted up. Don't have money for both.
Baby Billy
AG
We're really trying to **** up a promising year.
BMX Bandit
hes not wanting 40mm.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I don't buy the $40MM business at all. However, I do buy him turning down what seems like a healthy $30MM offer in order to get more of it guaranteed. My guess is they aren't far off on the actual $$$, but the guaranteed portion is a huge factor.

I also agree with Sturm's concerns about a cloud. This has been an organization for the past 15 years that when it looks like it's ready to take a step forward to build on a strong year from the previous year, some sort of issue blows up the next. 2007 flowing into 2008 (Romo injured pinkie turned a strong start into a weak year), 2009 flowing into 2010 (Wade losing his grip on the team), 2014 flowing into 2015 (Romo hurt), 2016 flowing into 2017 (Zeke suspension). Put up a strong 2018, but now it feels like we're being set up for that follow-up letdown again.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Was half listening to ESPN earlier so correct me if this is wrong but could the Cowboys basically say F-U Zeke, we're not redoing a deal for you and he could not become a FA? He has to play this year to become eligible down the road right? So if he sits out all year like Bell did, he really does himself no good?
TX_Aggie37
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Was half listening to ESPN earlier so correct me if this is wrong but could the Cowboys basically say F-U Zeke, we're not redoing a deal for you and he could not become a FA? He has to play this year to become eligible down the road right? So if he sits out all year like Bell did, he really does himself no good?
This is what I don't fully understand. I remember hearing he has to report at some point to accrue a year on his deal, but I thought that date was 8/6. Or at least I remember there being something significant about 8/6.
BMX Bandit
if hes not there by week 10, he loses an "accrued season" He would still be a free agent after 2020, but will be restricted free agent
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke's agent just wants the money now. But the reality is, if the Cowboys dig in, Zeke's not playing for anybody else for 2+ seasons. It's the Cowboys or nothing baby, they drafted you, 4 years + 5th year 1st rounder option, that's just the way it is.

You want your money early, the Cowboys put the offer on the table. Either take the deal or shut the hell up and give us the 2 years you still owe us and enjoy free agency in 2021 entertaining offers from the Bills & Bengals of the world!

PS: I believe this whole thing is 95% his agent. Even if no deal is done, Zeke won't miss games or game checks!
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hearing that right now Wilson is on the team. Most likely giving Kavon Frashier the boot in the process.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm hearing that right now Wilson is on the team. Most likely giving Kavon Frashier the boot in the process.

Wilson has a rookie deal going for him so he gets the nod over Frazier. Hopefully the Cowboys keep 5 safeties for ST purposes because they like Darian Thompson alot. If they have to go heavy at another position and only keep 4 he is likely PS who knows though, Iloka has not impressed much so maybe they release him instead.
BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

hes not wanting 40mm.
So you say. But can we agree that 40mil is "raiding the coffers" since you seem to have taken such an issue with that terminology
BMX Bandit
Not at all.

He's negotiating a contract. He's not holding putt or even threatening to. Why do people take offense to trying to maximize what he's paid?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.