***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,178 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saint Pablo said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Zeke has two years on his contract, plays the most replaceable position in the league, has been in all sorts of off the field drama, and had his team and owner stick their neck out for him on multiple occasions. Now he refuses to play until unless he gets the highest RB contract ever. Screw that. If there is one superstar on our team we can most easily get along without, it is a prima donna, high dollar RB
Well said. I'm ready to be done with the guy.

This is the most ridiculous, idiotic statement I've ever read.
Saint Pablo
Huell Babineaux said:

Saint Pablo said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Zeke has two years on his contract, plays the most replaceable position in the league, has been in all sorts of off the field drama, and had his team and owner stick their neck out for him on multiple occasions. Now he refuses to play until unless he gets the highest RB contract ever. Screw that. If there is one superstar on our team we can most easily get along without, it is a prima donna, high dollar RB
Well said. I'm ready to be done with the guy.

This is the most ridiculous, idiotic statement I've ever read.
In the last 20 years, how many super bowl winning team have had a dynamic running back that is paid at the top of his position? Zeke is a great player, but there's no way in hell he is worth the money Todd Gurley is getting ...Gurley himself isn't worth it. Crippling the team's ability to sign players in the future or to hold onto guys we currently have to stroke Zeke's ego to make him the top paid back at $15mil a year as opposed to $14 seems like a bunch of BS to me.
Grapesoda2525
Kellso said:

jr15aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

The longer this drags out, the more I'm ready to just be done with him. Roll with Pollard, trade Zeke at the end of the year, and move on. Some valuable $$$ that could be spent in places that help with SB's.

That's one of the only reasons why I'm not overly concerned if this whole charade is the end of Zeke in Dallas. We have lots of guys that we'd like to keep if we aren't investing in Zeke long term.

Who's to say we shouldn't give that money to Collins? Good OTs don't grow on trees and our 2 best lineman currently have nagging back issues. I think part of any teams plan is to consistently have a good O-line.

Point is I agree, there are other spots on this team, right now, where we could use that money.

My problem with contract disputes is that some of you act like its YOUR money that the player is demanding.
The NFL is the most lucrative sports league in the World and the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the World.

The cowboys have offered zeke a top 3 running back contract in a predominantly passing era of the NFL. That offer is more than fair.

Zeke is most likely taking bad advice from his agent. Zeke wants to be the highest paid running back ever, he wants the best signing bonus, he wants the most guaranteed money. He is showing little regard for the team and his teammates by doing this, especially in a year where we're trying to compete for the championship.

I don't fault the guy for wanting to get paid, but if Jerry gives in to Zeke there won't be anything left to sign important guys at other positions like cornerback, safety, and defensive line. The NFL is a hard cap League now. You have to be very wise with how you utilize your available funds and resources.
DannyDuberstein
AG
the league has changed. The model they are trying to win with incorporating Zeke is questionable. Zeke got top 5 draft pick money. He's being compensated very fairly during this 5 year deal. Make him the highest paid back now, and he's just going to want more in 2 years after guys like Gordon, etc. get raises and become the new highest back above him.
. . .
Grapesoda2525
. . . said:

Hopefully zeke isn't listening to his dumb azz agent anymore.
. . .

Quote:

Waived:
Juwann Bushell-Beatty
Jake Campos
Taryn Christion
Jordan Chunn
Chris Covington
Reggie Davis
Treston Decoud
Jalen Guyton
Nate Hall
Mitch Hyatt
Darius Jackson
Mike Jackson
Marcus Lucas
Lukayus McNeil
Donovan Olumba
Justin Phillips
Kyle Quiero
Kasey Redfern
Drew Scott
Shakir Soto
Ricky Walker
Mike Weber
Mike White
Cedrick Wilson
Daniel Wise
Ryan Yurachek

Released
George Iloka

Waived/Injured
Codey McElroy
Tyvis Powell
Jameill Showers

Reserve/PUP
Noah Brown

Reserve/Injured
Jalen Jelks
Jon'Vea Johnson
Daniel Ross
Chris Westry
Cody Wichmann

Reserve/Suspended
Robert Quinn
investorAg83
AG
Held my breath when I saw the name Donovan...they must really like him to let Iloka walk.
Enviroag02
AG
Releasing IIoka..Wow great news for Donovan Wilson
Grapesoda2525
investorAg83 said:

Held my breath when I saw the name Donovan...they must really like him to let Iloka walk.
I think illoka was brought in to challenge heath. When it became apparent that he couldn't do that, no need to keep him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
investorAg83 said:

i was looking at last name and saw Wilson on there..... but the other one.
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

investorAg83 said:

I think illoka was brought in to challenge heath. When it became apparent that he couldn't do that, no need to keep him.
There's no doubt that was why he was brought in. Wilson's play is the reason Iloka was released.
gigem1223
Was really hoping to keep Olumba. Hopefully we can sneak him on to the practice squad.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Word on Iloka was that he was garbage all camp.
ElephantRider
AG
Hate to lose Olumba
jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like Olumba was never gonna make it. He's just not fast enough according to them. Would be great to keep him on the squad.

And it definitely looks like they expect Zeke back. No way they cut Chunn if they were really making their roster as if Zeke wasn't gonna be here.
bonfarr
AG
Are we keeping five safeties? Does Frazier get cut over Thompson?
gigem1223
Snuck all our guys through!

10 man PS:

Covington
Quiero
Olumba
Wise
Chunn
Jackson
Wilson
Hyatt
Hikutini (Vikings TE)
Thorson (Eagles QB) - love this as he may provide some intel on the eagles.
BMX Bandit
Looks like no Zeke week 1. Cowboys still win easily.
FriscoKid
AG
Zeke is such a little punk. I'd lower the offer and go with what I had to play the season.
Southlake
Zeke can sign the night before the opening game and start the next day. No problem.
Grapesoda2525
Unfortunately for Zeke

The first 3 games look to be very winnable for the cowboys without him. The giants just suck, the skids are breaking in a new QB, and the dolphins just traded a bunch of their good players for draft picks.

There's a good chance we will be 3-0 with or without zeke.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I wish Jerruh would do what the Chargers did with Gordon yesterday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/chargers-g-m-no-new-contract-for-melvin-gordon/
DannyDuberstein
AG
Southlake said:

Zeke can sign the night before the opening game and start the next day. No problem.

He won't be anywhere near football shape to be used how they typically use him. Even his own guy that he brought down to Cabo (Marshall Faulk) admitted that.
98Ag99Grad
AG
He'll sign and immediately get hurt. Isn't that how this usually goes with these long holdouts?
jr15aggie
AG
Here's something you didn't think you'd hear today... the Cowboys just released Rolando McClain.
bonfarr
AG
Connor McGovern placed on IR, I guess he gets a medical RS year. His spot goes to Chunn .
gigem1223
The fan reporting this morning that La'ell Collins may be open to taking a team friendly deal.

A deal could be done as soon as today.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

The fan reporting this morning that La'ell Collins may be open to taking a team friendly deal.

Do it! Keeping your lines strong on both sides is always step one to being competitive... ok, technically it's step 2... QB is step one.
gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Now reporting it's a done deal. 5 year extension.
bonfarr
AG
Collins signs 5 year extension and Zeke is feeling the squeeze .
TyHolden
AG
Jerry running a red light special...take my money!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Outstanding! Had zero interest in re-signing Collins if he wanted to play the market for top $ this offseason (which he had every right to do). But I'm all for signing every former draft pick stud who wants to sign a team friendly, but still nice, deal.
gigem1223
Apparently saves at least $5M off this years cap as well.
bonfarr
AG
Zeke is back on a plane to Dallas in case his deal gets done this week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.