***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,165 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Sadly, there's probably only one team dumb enough to be willing to do both...and he's already on their roster.

The Cowboys have one of the most talented rosters in the league. And in hindsight the Cooper deal was spot on. No idea why you would call them dumb in terms of player acquisition.

You can criticize coaching, etc. if you want, but their personnel department has been pretty solid in the past 5 years or so
gigem1223
CBS and Directv better get this **** figured out before the season starts
PooDoo
AG
Blue & White Scrimmage live

Baby Billy
AG
Will a deal get done this week?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I fired directv this week. YouTubeTV will give you what you need, including all of your local channels. You'll save a bunch of money, too.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

I fired directv this week. YouTubeTV will give you what you need, including all of your local channels. You'll save a bunch of money, too.

The cheapest full blown streaming service with locals is Hulu+Live TV for $45 per month. If you already have regular Hulu it's only $38 or $33 more depending which Hulu you have (no ads or with ads).

But you can also just do CBS All Access their streaming service and they offer 1 week free trial - you get live games streamed too. You can check your local channel availability here:
https://www.cbs.com/all-access/

Or there is the HD antenna route for much cheaper longterm. Always a good backup. I keep an HD antenna receiver just from my days with satellite as a backup during storms.

Baby Billy
AG
Have fun with occasional lagging, being 45 seconds behind live TV, and having to turn your phone off during every game. All to save $10/month
jr15aggie
AG
Looking forward to the first pre-season game. In particular our O-line depth (knock on wood for injuries) is pretty good so we should get a decent look at our backup units instead of our QBs running for their life on every other play.
expresswrittenconsent
Cord cutters are worse than crossfitters and born again christians combined when it comes to their need to spread the gospel.
J.P. 03
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Cowboys have one of the most talented rosters in the league. And in hindsight the Cooper deal was spot on. No idea why you would call them dumb in terms of player acquisition.

You can criticize coaching, etc. if you want, but their personnel department has been pretty solid in the past 5 years or so

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The radio discussion I referenced was specifically about the decision to give up draft picks/valuable assets AND sign Zeke to a massive contract, which is what any team would have to do if the Cowboys decide they're too far apart on salary and look to deal him.

Obviously a training camp injury on a team that otherwise views itself as a contender could change things and increase the number of potential trade partners, but as it stands now they were saying they could maybe see Indy pulling the trigger on a deal like that and really no one else.

Agree with you 100% that the Cowboys have been nails recently on draft and other acquisitions. And the fact that they haven't already caved and given Zeke a huge extension shows they still have their eye on the big picture, which hasn't always been the case during Jerry's tenure.
bonfarr
AG
No practice today, I read a report in the Athletic that discussed camp through 8 practices. Their writer claims Xavier Woods at FS has been the top performer in camp thus far. Hopefully Iloka can nail down the SS spot with Heath and Wilson backup and special teams performers.

Maliek Collins in his contract year is also reportedly in beast mode.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
bonfarr said:

No practice today, I read a report in the Athletic that discussed camp through 8 practices. Their writer claims Xavier Woods at FS has been the top performer in camp thus far. Hopefully Iloka can nail down the SS spot with Heath and Wilson backup and special teams performers.

I've heard the same. The Cowboys have been huge Woods fans since day 1... he's had to develop, but he's coming on. Haven't heard anything on Iloka... I'm personally anticipating Heath still being the starter. I just hope Bones makes enough splash plays early to get his chance. He's going to have his unfortunate moments as a young player, but the guy is a play-maker. And this defense needs a guy that can take the ball away.

Collins will no doubt give us everything this year, but he always shows up in camp. His problem is he's always got something nagging at him once the season starts... always less than 100%.
PatAg
AG
I wont believe that until he does it on the field. Camp writers love to overhype our team preseason
You're the vegan of this board.
jr15aggie
AG
Really hard to see how this team, who has hit at such a high % in recent drafts, took Taco #1 a couple years ago. He's pretty much showing all the same stuff he did in college... sure he shows up every once in a while, but he acts like he's stuck in mud half the time. It was evident in his college film, no idea what our scouts saw.

Not hearing good things from camp. Not terrible things, but he's pretty much confirmed his 1st round bust status. Right now he's just a guy that will occupy one of the blockers.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

Really hard to see how this team, who has hit at such a high % in recent drafts, took Taco #1 a couple years ago. He's pretty much showing all the same stuff he did in college... sure he shows up every once in a while, but he acts like he's stuck in mud half the time. It was evident in his college film, no idea what our scouts saw.

Not hearing good things from camp. Not terrible things, but he's pretty much confirmed his 1st round bust status. Right now he's just a guy that will occupy one of the blockers.

Agree on Taco. Dorance Armstrong is taking all of his reps. Would we be able to get a decent running back for him now?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Ag Natural
AG
bonfarr said:

jr15aggie said:

Agree on Taco. Dorance Armstrong is taking all of his reps. Would we be able to get a decent running back for him now?

Definitely looking like a bust. If he turns out to be a serviceable rotation guy at this point that might exceed my expectations. The good news is there are late round picks and FAs stepping up.
jr15aggie
AG
For sure, guys like Armstrong are making up for it. It's always hard when TJ Watt was sitting there when they called Taco's name. I don't care if he wasn't a great scheme fit, everybody knew he was gonna be a player!

But at this point you can't hate on the personnel guys... you gotta give them the busts whenever they are filling this roster with young talent.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

It's always hard when TJ Watt was sitting there when they called Taco's name. I don't care if he wasn't a great scheme fit, everybody knew he was gonna be a player!
Absolutely drives me crazy when fans say "well TJ doesn't play the same position so they took Taco and thats why the pick made sense".

TJ was going to be a player regardless. Its in his make up and he's wired to be a baller. They would have found him a spot to star in. Unbelievable they passed on him and no that is not hindsight. Anyone is welcome to look up posting history for draft night to see where some of us stood with that pick.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

It's always hard when TJ Watt was sitting there when they called Taco's name. I don't care if he wasn't a great scheme fit, everybody knew he was gonna be a player!
Absolutely drives me crazy when fans say "well TJ doesn't play the same position so they took Taco and thats why the pick made sense".

TJ was going to be a player regardless. Its in his make up and he's wired to be a baller. They would have found him a spot to star in. Unbelievable they passed on him and no that is not hindsight. Anyone is welcome to look up posting history for draft night to see where some of us stood with that pick.

Count me in as being pretty upset they didnt take TJ. It's really strange because I keep hearing the Cowboys are one of the teams focused on SPARQ evaluations. I guess I dont know the actual scores but TJ looks 10x more explosive than Taco. Truly baffling.

Oh well. I heard somewhere that 18 out of the 22 projected starters are home grown. That's pretty good if this team continues to win.
Dddfff
AG
Sad news of the day. Waived Rico
ac04
good. no more wasted plays forcing touches to a guy who can't figure out where to line up or which route he's supposed to be running.
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

I've heard the same. The Cowboys have been huge Woods fans since day 1... he's had to develop, but he's coming on. Haven't heard anything on Iloka... I'm personally anticipating Heath still being the starter. I just hope Bones makes enough splash plays early to get his chance. He's going to have his unfortunate moments as a young player, but the guy is a play-maker. And this defense needs a guy that can take the ball away.

Collins will no doubt give us everything this year, but he always shows up in camp. His problem is he's always got something nagging at him once the season starts... always less than 100%.

I like Heath as a depth and special teams guy but this defense has a chance to be real special this season. Wish Stephen would get Berry here on a 1 year deal and see if he has anything left. Don't understand what it would hurt? At the very least he brings some real competition to the SS position and some veteran leadership.
jr15aggie
AG
I didn't realize Berry was still out there. I figured somebody picked him up already. His days are numbered... at this point I don't think he's in a real hurry to sign and participate in a training camp. His best case scenario is for a contenders starting safety to go down late in pre-season / early regular season and he swoops in to make a few million and maybe set the table for a short term new contract next year.
jr15aggie
AG
Friggin Cowboy's website! Twice in the last two weeks at the top of the page with a big RED banner "BREAKING NEWS". Twice now I've thought Zeke or 'oh crap, somebody got hurt'.

Nope... they were for Alfred Morris signing and Rico getting waived.

Idiots, don't get me excited... neither of those are BREAKING NEWS worthy! I'm getting older and can't handle the stress morons!

bonfarr
AG
Beat the Hell said:

Sad news of the day. Waived Rico

Ha ha, I was so looking forward to people constantly asking about him. He had such a dedicated group of fans that were sure he was going to be a star despite him never getting any playing time.

I also read that Kavon Frazier and Donovan Wilson are battling it out for the fifth safety spot and Wilson will likely win that battle as Frazier has an expiring rookie deal. We need Zeke to come back though because if they need to keep extra backs on the roster they may go with only 4 safeties which means Wilson gets dropped to PS
DTP02
AG
J.P. 03 said:

The Ticket guys brought up a great point about this during a training camp roundtable this week. The list of teams who would sign Zeke to the deal he wants is only 3-4 long to begin with. Now factor in that you'd have to sign him to a big deal AND give up assets to acquire him, and that list gets even smaller.

Sadly, there's probably only one team dumb enough to be willing to do both...and he's already on their roster.

To me the biggest problem with the Zeke holdout is that he can't be trusted to take care of business while he's holding out. Some guys hold out, but they're pros, and you know once it's over they'll plug right in and hit the ground running.

With Zeke, not only is he more prone to getting himself into trouble with all his extra free time, but he's also less likely to be taking care of himself, so he'll show up overweight and poorly conditioned.
PooDoo
AG
If Zeke could take care of business he wouldn't be worried about contract money. If he could just be a normal citizen he'd be making sooooo much endorsement money it would be sickening.

But no he's untamable. Probably brain damaged and CTE and everything else.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

If Zeke could take care of business he wouldn't be worried about contract money. If he could just be a normal citizen he'd be making sooooo much endorsement money it would be sickening.

But no he's untamable. Probably brain damaged and CTE and everything else.

Can CTE cause an addiction to sloots?
. . .
Dddfff
AG
Should be ready for the opener
Baby Billy
AG
Will Zeke play in our opener? Yes or no? In your opinion
jr15aggie
AG
Yes, Zeke will play in opener
gigem1223
Yes
No.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.