***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,160 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
dellgriffith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The offer to Zeke isn't changing and includes 45 million guaranteed. He is getting bad advice.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag12thman
AG
PooDoo said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Zeke wants to get paid. Period. If he doesn't come in before game 1, you can damn sure guarantee he's going to be hoping a trip-up at the start to give him more leverage. Someone would have to be one naive yahoo to think otherwise.

Glorify Emmitt all you want. But he had a 1st rounder's contract (which he'd held out right up to week 1 of his rookie year to maximize), and he was willing to sit out and watch the Cowboys lose while knowing no SB winner had ever started 0-2. Let's not make him saint emmitt vs awful Zeke. They are playing the same negotiating game - leverage a SB contender's aspirations for long-term financial security.
Emmitt wasn't holding out... his contract expired. Not even in the same ballpark as Zeke's dumb ass.
investorAg83
AG
dellgriffith said:

The offer to Zeke isn't changing and includes 45 million guaranteed. He is getting bad advice.

I HIGHLY doubt that figure but if that's true, he really is as dumb as I think he is. Take the ****ing money.
Macarthur
Kellso said:

When Zeke signs his new deal will the money still be "unearned"?????

Zeke has outplayed his current deal.

The only real difference between Emmit Smith and Zeke's holdout was that the Cowboys had just come off of winning the Super Bowl.

Both players were the best players on their respective teams and both had led the league in rushing multiple times.
Emmit and Zeke both wanted to get compensated as the best at their positions.

I don't think this is completely accurate. Yes, while on the field, Zeke has been great, but he was a top 5 pick and has/will make top 5 money. But he's also had several off the field issues that have left his team in the lurch. I don't think the above statement is that cut and dry.
gigem1223
According to the fan Zeke deal is close and he's flying back to Dallas tomorrow morning.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

According to the fan Zeke deal is close and he's flying back to Dallas tomorrow morning.
I'm really hoping Jerry won out and zeke is coming to his senses. We haven't won anything yet as a team, zeke and Dak should take top 5 money for their position and be happy with it. Trying to be the highest paid at their positions will kill our ability to win.
BMX Bandit
In 1993, Emmit was a restricted free agent. Cowboys had the right to match any offer. No other team made an offer to him.

$45mm is same guaranteed money that Gurley got

Zeke deserves much more than "top 5 money" That would only be $27mm. He isn't taking that.
Dddfff
AG
Hold out was probably more about skipping training camp than anything. Cowboys were always going to give a fair deal and he was always going to take a fair deal.
dellgriffith
AG
investorAg83 said:

dellgriffith said:

I HIGHLY doubt that figure but if that's true, he really is as dumb as I think he is. Take the ****ing money.

That figure is accurate today as well as 3 weeks ago. It isn't changing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PooDoo
AG
Wow, you're right. I would've sworn that I remembered that he played out his contract.

"Emmitt Smith, Dallas Cowboys
Emmitt Smith led the league in rushing in 1992, and helped the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory that season. But he was set to make just $465,000 in 1993, so he held out for a deal that would more closely reflect his level of production. Smith missed the first two games of the regular season, both of which the Cowboys lost. The team finally came through with a deal worth $13.6 million over four years that made Smith (at the time) the highest-paid running back in league history, and Dallas became the first team to lose its first two games and then go on to win a Super Bowl in the same season."
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Beat the Hell said:

Hold out was probably more about skipping training camp than anything. Cowboys were always going to give a fair deal and he was always going to take a fair deal.
agreed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I was 19 years old back in the days of the 1993 emmitt holdout, and my memory was that his contract was simply up. And then obviously, in the pre salary cap pre free agency days, holdouts were common because it was the only leverage that guys with expired contracts had. But then when Zeke's holdout started, I started doing some digging to make sure my memory was correct, and that's when I started finding in multiple places references to Emmitt's rookie contract being 4 years. So I don't know if it's inaccurate reporting now, if they are missing a key detail like his production voiding the 4th year, or what. One thing that has changed is that we have a lot more information available via the worldwide web internets now that we didn't in 1993, so there may have been more to that 4th year on the deal that just wasn't reported or easily available back then.
Southlake
Geez, 45 mil guaranteed? Same as a Gurley?

Gotta take that. It's all about the guarantee. Everybody wins.

Otherwise F U.
bonfarr
AG
https://www.facebook.com/241432893442642/posts/365479194371344/
PooDoo
AG
PFF DAL Cowboys (@PFF_Cowboys) Tweeted:
#NFL Preseason Week 3: Player to watch

S Donovan Wilson

The rookie has been outstanding thus far, earning an impressive 92.7 overall grade across 56 defensive snaps. He's also recorded two defensive stops and an interception.
Grapesoda2525
PooDoo said:

PFF DAL Cowboys (@PFF_Cowboys) Tweeted:
#NFL Preseason Week 3: Player to watch

S Donovan Wilson

The rookie has been outstanding thus far, earning an impressive 92.7 overall grade across 56 defensive snaps. He's also recorded two defensive stops and an interception.
Great value for 6th round pick. Keep it up.

Did they cut that offensive lineman from Clemson who was a turnstile?
Ag Natural
AG
Cut downs dont happen till after the last preseason game. They need bodies to get through it.
PatAg
AG
bizarre miss on 2nd down, obvious Pass Interference not called on 3rd
TyHolden
AG
Is the Taco officially here now???
Danny Vermin
This defense is damn good. I hope they stay healthy.
TyHolden
AG
Pollard still playing....guess Zeke is back soon.
TMACsDaMan
Maher solid so far
TyHolden
AG
Coop is solid
Danny Vermin
Rush looks great too..without the penalties this looks like an unstoppable machine.
Elephant Ghost
Jason Garrett smiles too much and too early
TyHolden
AG
Taco is down...
TyHolden
AG
But back up
mncag
I think Rush misses a lot of throws I don't think we have a backup quarterback
TyHolden
AG
Taco back down...leave him out for preseason
Ag Natural
AG
mncag said:

I think Rush misses a lot of throws I don't think we have a backup quarterback

Backup QBs are rarely actually good.
Grapesoda2525
No Donovan Wilson yet?
Elephant Ghost
2nd INT of the preseason tonight.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rush looked ok. He showed some good patience in keeping his eyes downfield in spite of protection starting to fail. I still think they are fcked if Dak gets hurt, but maybe less fcked than I've been thinking.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Rush looked ok. He showed some good patience in keeping his eyes downfield in spite of protection starting to fail. I still think they are fcked if Dak gets hurt, but maybe less fcked than I've been thinking.
Thankfully Dak has been very durable so far. The complete opposite of romo.
Ag Natural
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

No Donovan Wilson yet?

Wilson played almost 3 full quarters. You didnt see him much because the Texans are terrible on the oline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.