***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,185 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Beat the Hell said:

RE: Steelers. Are we sure Rudolph isn't a serviceable QB? I liked him in college and he had a 92 QBR last week in relief. I can only assume they like what they see in him if they are trading first round draft picks to help this years team.
Rudolph may be serviceable, but they don't have anyone behind him, right?
Yeah, didn't they just trade Dobbs to the Jags or some such?

Only thing I can figure is they see the Ravens and Browns airing it out and got nervous. Plus, they've been looking for a defensive playmaker since Troy Polamalu retired.
PooDoo
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
I love the (translations)
birdman
Cowboys shouldn't make a deal for Ramsey. But I'd posture. Drive up the price for our competitors.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

MooreTrucker said:

Beat the Hell said:

RE: Steelers. Are we sure Rudolph isn't a serviceable QB? I liked him in college and he had a 92 QBR last week in relief. I can only assume they like what they see in him if they are trading first round draft picks to help this years team.
Rudolph may be serviceable, but they don't have anyone behind him, right?
Yeah, didn't they just trade Dobbs to the Jags or some such?

Only thing I can figure is they see the Ravens and Browns airing it out and got nervous. Plus, they've been looking for a defensive playmaker since Troy Polamalu retired.

There are people within the organization who are very high on Samford product Devlin Hodges, who won the Walter Payton Award (FCS Heisman) and broke all Steve McNair's FCS passing records. He had a solid preseason in limited time, and there was a battle within the organization whether or not to keep him or Dobbs. They ultimately slipped him through waivers and added him to their practice squad last week. Covering college football, he was a guy we heard whispers about in FCS circles that he could be something special.
Spaceship
AG
Bob Sturm just gave an excellent breakdown on The Ticket on why Dak's new deal will be longer and larger than Wentz's and Goff's. Very interesting.
BenFiasco14
AG
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Taco has been absent his entire Cowboys career
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
Guess Taco is going to jville
Grapesoda2525
ramblin_ag02 said:

I'm just wondering when he will be traded. When's the trade deadline?

Panama Red
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

I'm just wondering when he will be traded. When's the trade deadline?

Hard to trade someone that everyone knows is going to be cut in the next half hour.
Saint Pablo
PooDoo
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Taco released. Truly the end of an error.
jtstanley4621
AG
It felt like everyone knew this was coming from the second he was drafted
wbt5845
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Saint Pablo said:

He's a shell of his former self.
TMACsDaMan
Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, we all saw it coming on draft day. We mostly agreed to trust them based on recent draft history... but we all knew this was a huge reach on draft day and it didn't work out. He'll probably have an OK career going forward, play a few years for a team or two, but he was never gonna escape the 1st round bust in Big D so he had to go.

Though, it would be interesting to know exactly what got him on the inactive list last year... 1.5 years and that was pretty much it.

Troubling that our 2nd rounder this year has also started the year inactive as well. Different situation, but not good either.
PooDoo
AG
So sad... blowing a pick with so many difference-makers available.

29 David Njoku Browns TE
30 T.J. Watt Steelers LB
32 Ryan Ramczyk Saints T
36 Budda Baker Cardinals DB

At least they have started cutting bait and moving on as soon as they realize a player is not a fit.

jr15aggie
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

Shante played four years and had around a dozen sacks all said... definitely better than Taco.

Kavika was a 2nd rounder and after looking him up, also had around 10 sacks and played 4 years for Dallas... better than Taco.

I gotta say though, I always got a laugh out of Taco *making Tacos* for his teammates after a sack. Friggin awesome celebration, just wish we got to see it more often!
bonfarr
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

Only 1 of the 3 was a 1st Rd pick so Taco.
bonfarr
AG
That will come in handy at his future career at Chipotle.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
bonfarr said:

TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

Only 1 of the 3 was a 1st Rd pick so Taco.

Carver was a 1 also.

Taco the worst.

Back to Carver I'll always remember Jerry's comments after that pick saying how so many teams called him and told him he got the supposed steal of the draft. Jerry often did this with bad picks.
Grapesoda2525
TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

I'd have to go with bobby carpenter.
TyHolden
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

i agree but he played several years in Dallas AND Detroit. Remember his pick 6 to beat the boys at home.
Grapesoda2525
DSAg44 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

TMACsDaMan said:

Who was worse?

Taco Charlton
Kavika Pittman
Shante Carver

i agree but he played several years in Dallas AND Detroit. Remember his pick 6 to beat the boys at home.
I mainly remember his dropped interception in the end zone during a playoff game up in Seattle.
752bro4
AG
wbt5845 said:

Saint Pablo said:

He's a shell of his former self.

Lettuce have a moment in silence for his tenure.
PooDoo
AG
105.3 reporting Xavier Woods might not miss 4-6 days much less 4-6 weeks.
gigem1223
PooDoo said:

105.3 reporting Xavier Woods might not miss 4-6 days much less 4-6 weeks.

Good to hear. I would assume they'd still keep him out Sunday for precautionary reasons.
jr15aggie
AG
Nate Newton has a very logical (from experience) way of breaking things down sometimes. He was talking about how when you are just one of the guys on the team, you need somebody standing on the table and fighting for your roster spot. The special teams coach, the GM, etc.

But when you are a first round pick (Taco), the ENTIRE organization is on the table fighting for you. All you have to do, at a bare minimum, is show up when you are asked to show up, act the way you are expected to act, and hustle your butt off on the field. That's it, and you are guaranteed 4 years, even if you don't play all that well.

Taco fell out of favor in 1.5 years and was gone in 2.
ElephantRider
AG
There's no reason for anyone that's remotely injured to play on Sunday
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was listening to David Moore on the ticket last night, and he was talking about Marinelli having a "man talk" with Taco this offseason. The main call-out was that he didn't see his motor on every play, particularly finishing plays even when you are away from the ball. Marinelli's is huge on having everyone pursuing to the whistle (what DC isn't, but it's a particular sticking point with him). Inactive with Quinn still out was surely a "you didn't do enough to get out of the doghouse" message in that regard.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Keeping my hopes for Quinn in check. But man, if he is better than we are expecting then this team is really good.

gigem1223
We need him to be good. My only main concern thus far is the lack of a pass rush along the DL. When this team plays a good passing team that will rear it's ugly head.
Macarthur

Keeping my hopes for Quinn in check. But man, if he is better than we are expecting then this team is really good.

Quinn is a very solid pro DE. I think the best thing is that it allows, esp on passing downs, for Crawford to bump down inside. Quinn, Lawrence, Crawford and Collins on passing downs is a pretty disruptive bunch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.