***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,176 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I thought Lawrence showed a new energy last week. Not sure if that was just cause of Pedersens comments or what. But that with Quinn I thought was a good tandem. If they were going to make a move, I was hoping it would be at Safety.

Saint Pablo
I saw that Robert Quinn and Demarcus Lawrence were among the top 10 most doubled DLmen in the NFL. If they throw Bennett in at DT, it might help free them up a bit more.
expresswrittenconsent
Hell yeah! Gigem MB!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Danny Vermin
Well, if I can cheer for T.O, Greg Hardy etc I'll bite the bullet on this one but it's tougher than either of those two.
twilly
AG
I always find it amazing what a change in uniform can do for a guy's character.
Saint Pablo
Danny Vermin said:

Well, if I can cheer for T.O, Greg Hardy etc I'll bite the bullet on this one but it's tougher than either of those two.
harder to suck it up over someone who lied about an altercation w the police than a guy who beat the **** out of a woman???
expresswrittenconsent
C@LAg said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Hell yeah! Gigem MB!
https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Forrmer-Texas-A-M-player-Michael-Bennett-says-6702440.php

No doubt that's true. You dont have to go very far on this website to find the kind of racist comments, slurs, and especially dog whistles. Fortunately they are few in number but they are loud and proud and truly believe the university belongs to them.
98Ag99Grad
AG
What'd they trade, a couple of water coolers and the towel boy?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
hph6203
AG
Guy is undoubtedly not the best representative of the university, but the fact he said people said racist things towards him at A&M isn't exactly the low point or even a low point for him.
ElephantRider
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Ok
ac04
omg the aggie code of honor, guys
BenFiasco14
AG
MB
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Southlake
He's a jerk and has lost a step.

He won't even claim Texas A&M when he announces his school at the beginning of games.

I guess that's a good thing because I dont want him remotely related to the Aggies.
Ag Natural
AG
I always like MBs game. He terrorized Cart McCoy. He will always have that with me. Is he a nut job who lied about being harassed by police? Yes. But we all make mistakes. If he can still play this is a low risk move. Quinn has a little injury now and the cowboys need pass rushers.

The biggest question to me is does he actually show up? Didnt the whole Bennett family decide the Cowboys did Martellus wrong when he was here and Witten still got all the snaps?
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
gigem1223
Regardless of whether you like him or not (I don't), the guy can still play and help this team win ballgames. He was arguably the Eagles best DE just last season. Cowboys risked nothing for a possible high reward. He also already has a relationship with Richard from Seattle. Really like the idea of him in on 3rd and long with Quinn and Tank.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TefIon Don
AG
F*** Michael Bennett. Dude is a race baiting POS.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Ugh. I let out an audible groan when I saw that. Hate that guy and hate that he's an Aggie.
He's not an Aggie, just ask him. He just happened to play in some games with that particular team.
ChemAg15
AG
Michael Bennet is a pro bowler we got on the cheap. The cowboys will be better with him. Idc if he's a jaded aggie. Go cowboys.
Baby Billy
AG
I hate that mother ****er. There's not a bigger piece of **** on this earth
ChemAg15
AG
There are way bigger pieces of ****
Ag Natural
AG
C@LAg said:

Ag Natural said:

I always like MBs game. He terrorized Cart McCoy. He will always have that with me. Is he a nut job who lied about being harassed by police? Yes. But we all make mistakes.
are you serious, Clark?

No I'm not serious. He'll never be on my xmas card list. But this is pro football. If you arent doing drugs or beating women then you can play.

And honestly, I am serious about having a soft spot for what he did to cart. This guy was a stud at A&M. I dont care if he liked it here.
dave94
AG
We got him for basically nothing. Any contribution he makes will be worth it.

If he doesn't fit In or causes any drama, then so be it and he'll be gone. But why don't we wait and see?
twilly
AG
Maybe, just maybe, since most on here claim he is an SOB, he will have no ethical problems spilling his guts about the Patriots and help Dallas beat them in a couple of weeks.
jcbaggie04
AG
The NFL has shown over and over that they care more about what you do on the field than off. That's why guys of questionable character or ethics are more visible in the league than in baseball or basketball. Same for the nfl hall of fame. With that being said, every single nfl team has signed guys that aren't exactly 5e kind of person they would really want associated with the brand of that team. They do it because the player offers them something on the field that outweighs the extra that comes with them.

Dallas saw a player that can still rush the qb and cause havoc and confusion, and that is the most important aspect of an nfl defense in many ways. If you can get that guy for a 7th round pick and be able to drop him for no cash lost if it doesn't work out right, why on earth wouldn't you do that every single time?
bonfarr
AG
Bielema was fed up with Bennett. I'm not sure what happened there that caused his suspension but it looks like a culture clash. Bennett couldn't live by Belichek's "Patriot Way".

Is this a one year lightning in a bottle deal? We don't have to pay him much for the last half of this season but he has one year left on his deal with an $8 million cap hit in '20. No way we pay that, if Bennett plays well does he get an extension that brings down the cap hit to a few mil a year? He is already 33 and I would rather lock up Quinn to a new deal.
jcbaggie04
AG
On the short end the Dallas Cowboys got Robert Quinn and Michael Bennett for a 6th and 7th round draft pick. Just reflecting, that is kinda amaze balls.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Really need depth on the DL. With crawford going to the IR, Quinn having muscle spasms, Tank not being dominant, Woods has already missed time, and Dorrance Armstrong with a stinger, your 1st pick this year not really playing at all... that unit needs a shot in the arm and maybe MB is that guy.
birdman
Quick, without looking...

Name the last five guys that Cowboys drafted in the 6th round.

Bennett is a pro with some tread on the tires. He's not an All Pro but he gets serious minutes. MB will help shore up the run defense.

This way great move for Dallas. If he is a cancer, cut him. You only lost a 6th rounder.
Ag Natural
AG
birdman said:

Quick, without looking...

Name the last five guys that Cowboys drafted in the 6th round.

Bennett is a pro with some tread on the tires. He's not an All Pro but he gets serious minutes. MB will help shore up the run defense.

This way great move for Dallas. If he is a cancer, cut him. You only lost a 6th rounder.

Well this year was pretty good. Both Joe Jackson and Dono Wilson. Both made the team and are currently playing.

Generally it's a crap shoot.
Southlake
The Bennett upside because of his PAST performances does not mitigate the fact that he didn't get along with teammates and coaches. Cowboys are in a precarious situation and we don't need a psycho to upset the team chemistry.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.