***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,158 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PooDoo
AG
AggieArcher17 said:

He doesn't have 200 tackles yet. Even if you include playoff games. Weird tweet to be wrong

Someone added up the Combined and assists I'm guessing.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

AggieArcher17 said:

He doesn't have 200 tackles yet. Even if you include playoff games. Weird tweet to be wrong

That doesn't work either, they must be including preseason games or something.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll add to the stat quoting... what I heard was that Quinn tied the franchise record for most QB Pressures in a game (7). D-Ware did it twice I think they said. Also worth nothing that QB pressures is a more recent stat that they track (in the last 10-20 years I think).

Point is, he had a very good game, even if a QB pressure is like the runner up 'he tried hard' prize. We'll need every bit of that against a very good Saints O-line.
Macarthur
Yes. There's been quite a bit of talk about lack of sacks, but NY and Miami were both focused on getting the ball out very quickly so sacks may be a bit misleading.
jr15aggie
AG
I'd expect more of the same this week... Teddy was nothing but short/quick passes last week.

Biggest key will probably be not making huge mistakes... don't give the ball away and don't let something stupid like special teams make a big play against you. Don't give their crowd any reason to get crazy. Let the crowd get complacent with their ho-hum Brees-less offense and lets do our thing. Be consistent, put points on the board, and we should be OK.
Macarthur
Agree. I think this is a game where the offense just needs to be patient. To your point, as long as something stupid doesn't happen and we give away points, I think we can pull away in the 2nd half.
bonfarr
AG
The key to beating the 'Aints this week is stopping Alvin Kamara. We need a big game from LVE and Jaylon and solid tackling by our secondary. He turns little plays into big gains with YAC and he gets the crowd into the game.

Bottle him up and make Teddy beat us and I don't think he can.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Goldie Wilson
bonfarr said:

The key to beating the 'Aints this week is stopping Alvin Kamara.
Expert analysis right there.
PooDoo
AG
bonfarr said:

PooDoo said:

AggieArcher17 said:

That doesn't work either, they must be including preseason games or something.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VandLe00.htm
He has 161 combined and 45 assists
bonfarr
AG
That's the same as I saw on NFL.com, 161 total.
ElephantRider
AG
Dan 07 said:

bonfarr said:

My key to beating them is to score more points than they do. I feel like that gives us a pretty decent shot.
jr15aggie
AG
ElephantRider said:

Dan 07 said:

bonfarr said:

My key to beating them is to score more points than they do. I feel like that gives us a pretty decent shot.

Wow, John Madden posts on TexAgs!!!
ILikeTacos
AG
jr15aggie said:

ElephantRider said:

Dan 07 said:

bonfarr said:

He didn't say boom or anything about Troy aikman's contact/pickle juice. Erroneous.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Quote:

Hubert J. Farnsworth
jr15aggie said:

ElephantRider said:

Dan 07 said:

bonfarr said:

Beat me to it.
JAggie2007
AG
With Philly already down 2 games it might be better long run for the Cowboys if Philly pulls out the win tonight provided of course Dallas takes care of business in the division.
jr15aggie
AG
Nope... all east teams need to keep losing.

Don't forget, we were all but done last year until we won 7 of our last 8 and took the division. Rooting against Philly.
expresswrittenconsent
I mean sure, if you're going to caveat "if dallas takes care of business" then no other games matter.
Ag Natural
AG
Honestly this game is just giving me more confidence in the Boys.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

Honestly this game is just giving me more confidence in the Boys.

I agree, the cowboys look all around better...

But that damn Aaaaron Rogers has made a few throws that are reminders that I want no part of the packers in the post season. Screw that guy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wentz will sprain his vagina again soon, and Rodgers will be pouting his way to a pile of losses by December.
jr15aggie
AG
Questions about The Star on gameday: My family and my sisters family will be in Big D the weekend of the Jets game (away game). I thought it would be fun to hang out at The Star and watch the game together. I'm just not sure about the logistics of it all.

My assumption is they broadcast the game on a big screen and fans can come hang out on the turf area and watch the game.

Is that accurate... do they broadcast and host fans for games there? Is there a cost? Do they have food trucks n stuff there to accommodate everyone?

Thanks in advance!
ElephantRider
AG
If you're just going to watch it on a screen anyways...go to Texas Live
Macarthur
Just saw something that surprised me.

NO defense is 28th in yards given up and 26th in points against.

It's safe to say their defense has not been playing very well. They are giving up more passing yards than the Dolphins.

I'm sticking with my previous thought. As long as the Cowboy are patient and don't give away cheap points, they should pull away.

On the other side of the ball, keep in mind that Teddy's yards per attempt last week was really low. I don't think he threatens the defesnse anywhere close to what Brees does. Containing Kamara is the key.
ElephantRider
AG
They also started off facing Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff, and Russell Wilson
Macarthur
True, but if you look at the offensive rankings of each of those teams, they are all three middle of the pack. Those three QBs have been kinda hit and miss. In fact, you might could argue that Goff has been quite disappointing. He's got like a 38 QBR
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I've watched the Rams a fair amount, and Goff has not impressed me in the least so far this year.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Questions about The Star on gameday: My family and my sisters family will be in Big D the weekend of the Jets game (away game). I thought it would be fun to hang out at The Star and watch the game together. I'm just not sure about the logistics of it all.

My assumption is they broadcast the game on a big screen and fans can come hang out on the turf area and watch the game.

Is that accurate... do they broadcast and host fans for games there? Is there a cost? Do they have food trucks n stuff there to accommodate everyone?

Thanks in advance!
I have not been there on game day but I have stayed at that Cowboys Omni twice now (overlooking the little play field, a big screen, and the actual practice facility) and without a doubt I would recommend you stay there if you want to have the Cowboys experience. The hotel itself has some cool Cowboys related art and I can also honestly say that the service at this hotel is possibly the best I've ever experienced at any hotel from check in to check out. And no, I'm not just saying that cause Im a Cowboys fan.
ChoppinDs40
AG
ElephantRider said:

Arlington != Frisco
PatAg
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

ElephantRider said:

Arlington != Frisco
Frisco != Dallas
jr15aggie
AG
Xavier Woods back on the field tonight. Really like to see our defense have their first dominant game of the season. Completely shut them down.
hph6203
AG
They have totally confused people on what is and isn't a catch, watching the Chiefs/Lions game and the announcers are looking at this play where the ball is secured and then comes loose as the receiver is going to the ground. A play where previously it would have never been called a catch and the announcers are convinced it is while the rules guy is saying it isn't. Granted they're not the best announcers, but still nutty.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Browns and Ravens are in a good one. Very chippy.

Ricky Seals-Jones is having a good day, also.
hph6203
AG
How long until Baker shoots back at AB for saying it was a joke that Lamar was drafted after him?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.