***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,195 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pignorant said:

Better not be with this team.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Pignorant said:

QB coach is still coaching
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MooreTrucker
AG
ApachePilot said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Ron Rivera is available...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/panthers-fire-ron-rivera/

This makes no sense. The guy had a young QB most of the season. I thought he did well with what he had. And he was in a super bowl just a few years ago. Wow
New owner, wants to bring in his guy

OR owner wants to stick with Cam and his big contract and put Allen back on the bench, and RR disagrees

OR owner wants to stick with Allen and let Cam go, and RR disagrees
MooreTrucker
AG
Pignorant said:

Notice he said "in the NFL" and DIDN'T say "at Dallas"......
expresswrittenconsent
MooreTrucker said:

Pignorant said:

That's not new. Hes been saying that for years. He gets mocked as a fool every time.
MooreTrucker
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

MooreTrucker said:

Pignorant said:

That's not new. Hes been saying that for years. He gets mocked as a fool every time.
He gets mocked as a fool no matter what he says about anything.
expresswrittenconsent
Because he is the worst GM in the league with over 20 straight years of failure claiming glory from 30 yrs ago.
jtstanley4621
AG
ApachePilot said:

Ag12thman said:

Not sure if serious. This Seattle team I'm seeing on TV right now is very talented and far better-coached than Dallas. They will be very, very tough to beat at home with that crowd.
No I'm saying if we are the 5 seed and gotta go to Dallas. At home in Seattle the Hawks are tough.
Honestly I would be absolutely stunned if the Cowboys beat Seattle in the playoffs.

Our best win so far this year is against a 5 win Eagles team who just lost to the Dolphins. I actually think that the Seahawks are no worse than the 3rd best team in the NFC.
Grapesoda2525
expresswrittenconsent said:

Because he is the worst GM in the league with over 20 straight years of failure claiming glory from 30 yrs ago.
He really has been atrocious at picking the head coach. He also hangs on to terrible coaches like Garrett way too long.
Grapesoda2525
Not much talk about the game tomorrow.

Who else thinks we win? I was wrong about the bills being bad, but I don't think the bears are playing for anything and I doubt they will be motivated to win.

I only wanted to see the bills win because I thought Jerry would fire Garrett, so much for that.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

Not much talk about the game tomorrow.

Who else thinks we win? I was wrong about the bills being bad, but I don't think the bears are playing for anything and I doubt they will be motivated to win.

I only wanted to see the bills win because I thought Jerry would fire Garrett, so much for that.

I did hear someone (don't remember who) on the radio say that they thought Buff was a bad matchup for Dallas going into the game so they were not too surprised Buff won. I would not be surprised if Dallas bounces back because the Bears offense is really struggling.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

The Cowboys defense sacks to defense turnovers ratio has to be near all time worst. To me this implies that the safeties (the usual turnover recipients) are playing way too safe or simply do not have NFL talent. Why the safety position is so undervalued is beyond me. The good ones make huge impacts on seasons.

Whats frustrating is Dallas has had so so so many opportunites over recent years to upgrade Safety and get legit playmakers back there in free agency and have chosen to keep trying to develop guys, or stick with guys like Jeff Heath. Every freakin year we talk about Jeff Heath being a liability, and every freaking September, there he is again getting lotsa reps on the Dallas D.
diehard03
Quote:

I don't think the bears are playing for anything and I doubt they will be motivated to win.

Nagy is coaching for his career and Trubisky is playing for his. Mack is playing for his reputation.

They will be motivated to win.

The Bears (my team) just aren't a good offensive football team. You will lose the game if your defense makes them look good and you fail to stop the run. (other than the obvious things like TOs)
jtstanley4621
AG
The game tomorrow is a near certain loss in my opinion, simply because the Bears are a team with a pulse this season. Same ****, different week with Garrett as always.
Grapesoda2525
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

the last of the bohemians said:

The Cowboys defense sacks to defense turnovers ratio has to be near all time worst. To me this implies that the safeties (the usual turnover recipients) are playing way too safe or simply do not have NFL talent. Why the safety position is so undervalued is beyond me. The good ones make huge impacts on seasons.

Whats frustrating is Dallas has had so so so many opportunites over recent years to upgrade Safety and get legit playmakers back there in free agency and have chosen to keep trying to develop guys, or stick with guys like Jeff Heath. Every freakin year we talk about Jeff Heath being a liability, and every freaking September, there he is again getting lotsa reps on the Dallas D.
It really is baffling.

Trade, free agency, and pretty much any avenue a team could viably pick up talent, the cowboys have had at least 10 golden opportunities to upgrade the safety position. We've heard the rumors, got excited, and been disappointed every single time,

I think heath must have nude pics of Charlotte Anderson Jones or something. Will McClay and Stephen Jones have been doing way too good of a job assembling talent for this position to constantly get overlooked. We even passed on several safeties in the draft this year who are much better then heath so that we could draft trysten hill. Hill looks like a huge huge bust at this point.

I'm not going to put all of the blame on heath for never generating any turnovers on defense ( I can't remember the last one our defense got), but we definitely would have more turnovers if we had a damn ballhawk safety like earl Thomas, minkah Fitzpatrick, or Jamal Adams.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

The game tomorrow is a near certain loss in my opinion, simply because the Bears are a team with a pulse this season. Same ****, different week with Garrett as always.
Coaching is the only area the bears have an advantage over us. Well..... that and homefield I guess.
diehard03
Quote:

Coaching is the only area the bears have an advantage over us. Well..... that and homefield I guess.

It's funny to see this...as there's always something Nagy messes up every week. Be it timeouts, play calls, handling the kicking situation, etc. The only reason he isn't getting the Garrett treatment is that Trubisky is not an NFL QB.
Grapesoda2525
diehard03 said:

Quote:

It's funny to see this...as there's always something Nagy messes up every week. Be it timeouts, play calls, handling the kicking situation, etc. The only reason he isn't getting the Garrett treatment is that Trubisky is not an NFL QB.
I can't imagine him being worse than Garrett. We've lost several very very close games this year because of coaching.

Talent isn't our problem. This is the most talented roster this team has had since our last super bowl. No excuses. It's on the damn coaching. We only win games because of talent. We haven't out coached anyone since Garrett has been here.
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

The game tomorrow is a near certain loss in my opinion...

Damnit! That shows how lame this season has been, I totally forgot we played on Thursday again! I have a small family thing happening tomorrow night and the kicker is that my wife was sorta "meh" on going. I'm the one that talked her into it and we've already committed to going.

Wasn't even thinking about Cowboy football and if I hadn't checked this thread I would have completely missed the game and not even recorded it. Sheesh
Southlake
After the last couple games, the Cowboys are due a good game. It's also against a team with a losing record.
Cowboys finally get a decent win and I'll bet the hapless Eagles lose to The Giants Monday night as Eli comes back from the dead for the win.
jtstanley4621
AG
Seriously though: at this point I want us to lose out. Garrett is a dead man walking, I think we'd get bounced in the playoffs regardless of matchup.

Nothing would be worse than limping our way to a division win, losing right off the bat in the playoffs, firing Garrett, and ending up with a middling draft pick in the first round.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Seriously though: at this point I want us to lose out. Garrett is a dead man walking, I think we'd get bounced in the playoffs regardless of matchup.

Nothing would be worse than limping our way to a division win, losing right off the bat in the playoffs, firing Garrett, and ending up with a middling draft pick in the first round.
I still want the division title mainly to deprive the eagles of it. As long as Garrett is fired, the rest is gravy.
jtstanley4621
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

I still want the division title mainly to deprive the eagles of it. As long as Garrett is fired, the rest is gravy.

I mean, I get it. I hate the Eagles too, but I would hand them the division it meant a top 10 draft pick. We are in by FAR the worst division in the entire NFL. Whoever wins the East this year is depriving themselves of a draft spot that they could definitely use
BenFiasco14
AG
I don't get the mentality of just giving up on the season when you have a pretty good shot of making the playoffs.

Yes, history dictates we get bounced in the first or second round, but if you're in there's always a shot. This team is frustrating because they can both beat anyone but also lose to anyone, regardless of how good or bad the team is. Which means if we get into the playoffs there's still a chance.

If JG doesn't win the NFC and go to the SB he's gone I think, so just enjoy the ride or don't watch if you want us to tank while leading the division.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
diehard03
Quote:

I didn't know that people still cared about division titles, outside of the playoff benefits.
BenFiasco14
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I didn't know that people still cared about division titles, outside of the playoff benefits.

My friend who's a bills fan still wears an AFC South 1993 champions hat
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jtstanley4621
AG

Saw on reddit. Perfectly encapsulates my feelings.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Can the tall, fat purple one play guard?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Confucius
BenFiasco14 said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

My friend who's a bills fan still wears an AFC South 1993 champions hat

Fake news. There weren't South divisions in '93.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_NFL_season
Grapesoda2525
BenFiasco14 said:

I don't get the mentality of just giving up on the season when you have a pretty good shot of making the playoffs.

Yes, history dictates we get bounced in the first or second round, but if you're in there's always a shot. This team is frustrating because they can both beat anyone but also lose to anyone, regardless of how good or bad the team is. Which means if we get into the playoffs there's still a chance.

If JG doesn't win the NFC and go to the SB he's gone I think, so just enjoy the ride or don't watch if you want us to tank while leading the division.
Jones would have to be a straight up dumb azz to keep Garrett next year no matter what happens this season.

Garrett recently committed a fireable offense in my mind. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's still coach and I'm disappointed Jerruh didn't get rid of him after the Buffalo game. Jerry really is incompetent.

Anyway, they asked Garrett about analytics this was his reply.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Jones would have to be a straight up dumb azz to keep Garrett next year no matter what happens this season.

Garrett recently committed a fireable offense in my mind. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's still coach and I'm disappointed Jerruh didn't get rid of him after the Buffalo game. Jerry really is incompetent.

Anyway, they asked Garrett about analytics this was his reply.

I have given Cowboys ownership probably more grief than anyone on these boards in recent years but there is almost ZERO chance they retain Garrett after this year. (Barring a NFC title game appearance).
jr15aggie
AG
I'd argue that it's now a super bowl appearance or fired.

I'm also curious to see what happens if we lose tonight. Jerry said no mid season firing but I dunno if they flounder again tonight.
MooreTrucker
AG
IF they lose tonight, the division title would most certainly be gone. Then there are two options:

* Fire Garrett and give an asst coach an audition for his job

* let the season play out and just not renew his contract

I think the second option is more likely because I don't think anyone currently on staff is in the running for HC anyway.

And no, jr, I don't think it's SB or fired. I think they'll let him walk, and go to the Giants as a pretty well decided safe landing spot. And there are some interesting options out there...Riley, as well as retreads Holmgren, McCarthy, and Rivera, and maybe others.
jtstanley4621
AG
I would LOVE Garrett on the Giants. We would never have to worry about them again for the entirety of his tenure there
Southlake
Rivera just fired. No reason Garrett can't be.

Hello, Ron?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.