***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,499 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Confucius said:

BenFiasco14 said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

I still want the division title mainly to deprive the eagles of it. As long as Garrett is fired, the rest is gravy.

I didn't know that people still cared about division titles, outside of the playoff benefits.

My friend who's a bills fan still wears an AFC South 1993 champions hat

Fake news. There weren't South divisions in '93.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_NFL_season

AFC East* I misremembered but went to double check his hat
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
Regarding the whole "doesn't use statistics in game" quote
I've said it before but everyone brings up that he went to Princeton, but he majored in History. It's not like he was doing Economics, or an Analytics degree. Or really anything that would indicate he understands those concepts at a high level.
ac04
he should be smart enough to realize he needs to pay someone else to help him with it if he can't figure it out himself
MooreTrucker
AG
Could there be some financial reason to let his contract run out rather than fire him now? Do NFL coaches have buyouts like college coaches?
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

IF they lose tonight, the division title would most certainly be gone. Then there are two options:

* Fire Garrett and give an asst coach an audition for his job

* let the season play out and just not renew his contract

I think the second option is more likely because I don't think anyone currently on staff is in the running for HC anyway.

And no, jr, I don't think it's SB or fired. I think they'll let him walk, and go to the Giants as a pretty well decided safe landing spot. And there are some interesting options out there...Riley, as well as retreads Holmgren, McCarthy, and Rivera, and maybe others.
I disagree that the division title is gone if they lose tonight. Because of the Miami game the cowboys are1 game ahead of philly. If we lose and philly wins Sunday, we would be tied next week. Even if we lose next week to the rams and philly wins 2 in a row, we would go up to philly and have a chance to beat them for the tiebreaker and likely the division.

The Miami game ensured, for better or for worse, that the game in philly on December 22nd will mean something.
I understand that there is a segment of the fan base who just wants to lose and get the Garrett era over with, but I don't want to give up on the team when they're actually playing for something.

Grapesoda2525
ac04 said:

he should be smart enough to realize he needs to pay someone else to help him with it if he can't figure it out himself
The ravens ( likely best team in the nfl ) actually have a guy who stands on their sideline every single game. He calculates all of the analytics and relays to the head coach what they should do in just about any situation where it would make a difference.

I don't get why the cowboys can't do it, they have more resources than any other team in the league, but they're too dumb or lazy to utilize them.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

MooreTrucker said:

IF they lose tonight, the division title would most certainly be gone. Then there are two options:

I think the second option is more likely because I don't think anyone currently on staff is in the running for HC anyway.

And no, jr, I don't think it's SB or fired. I think they'll let him walk, and go to the Giants as a pretty well decided safe landing spot. And there are some interesting options out there...Riley, as well as retreads Holmgren, McCarthy, and Rivera, and maybe others.
I disagree that the division title is gone if they lose tonight. Because of the Miami game the cowboys are1 game ahead of philly. If we lose and philly wins Sunday, we would be tied next week. Even if we lose next week to the rams and philly wins 2 in a row, we would go up to philly and have a chance to beat them for the tiebreaker and likely the division.

The Miami game ensured, for better or for worse, that the game in philly on December 22nd will mean something.
I understand that there is a segment of the fan base who just wants to lose and get the Garrett era over with, but I don't want to give up on the team when they're actually playing for something.

I'm not one that's rooting for the team to lose for any reason. And you may be right about the division, but I doubt they'll get much farther than that and I think they'll lose and he'll be let go well before the SB level. I don't think they win the first playoff game, and that'll be enough to let him go.
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I'm not one that's rooting for the team to lose for any reason. And you may be right about the division, but I doubt they'll get much farther than that and I think they'll lose and he'll be let go well before the SB level. I don't think they win the first playoff game, and that'll be enough to let him go.
You're right about that.

The matchup for that game is shaping up to be either the Seahawks or 49ers who could have up to 12 wins.
jtstanley4621
AG
Garrett seems like the poster child for a coach well behind the times who doesn't use analytics. That news came as no surprise to me.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Which is weird, right? He's a young, Ivy Leauge, former backup QB. Nearly everyone with that background is a analytics, spread offense, risk taking gambler. Garrett coaches like Ditka
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Could there be some financial reason to let his contract run out rather than fire him now? Do NFL coaches have buyouts like college coaches?
No. I think there are 3 things at play:

1) Richard, who is really the only logical replacement on staff, is basically sucking at his job right now

2) Jerry is as loyal as it gets when it comes to his guys. I do think Jerry's requirement going into the season was NFC title game or bust for JG to get an extension after the season, and as disappointing as the season has been, that goal is still fully attainable. So while the division is to thank for that vs. JG's coaching, I do think there is a natural hesitation to not pull the rug out when the hurdle you had in mind going in is still attainable.

3) while they didn't go as far as they wanted in the playoffs, last year did see a major in season improvement in the quality of their play (albeit Amari Cooper was a big part of it). So there may be some hope that Jerry is clinging to
jtstanley4621
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Which is weird, right? He's a young, Ivy Leauge, former backup QB. Nearly everyone with that background is a analytics, spread offense, risk taking gambler. Garrett coaches like Ditka
Honestly I don't think it is. Garrett came up in the 90s and clearly thinks that it's possible to win in the same way.

He might be book smart, but I think it's also worth noting that an Ivy League degree does not automatically mean that you're a genius.
expresswrittenconsent
He is 53 years old. Anyone who puts stock in where he went to college rather than his actual adult work experience is a moron.
the last of the bohemians
Ivy League = process oriented individuals
Non Ivy League = creative oriented individuals

This is why it seems like Groundhog Day with Garrett, his process sucks and he keeps sticking with it
Grapesoda2525
the last of the bohemians said:

Ivy League = process oriented individuals
Non Ivy League = creative oriented individuals

This is why it seems like Groundhog Day with Garrett, his process sucks and he keeps sticking with it
Garrett before players go out onto the field tonight :

" stick to the process, execute, and beat your man." We will get a win! Clap clap!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The Jones family loves keeping worthless sacks of sh** around as long as possible.

Garrett
Maher
Heath
Grapesoda2525
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

The Jones family loves keeping worthless sacks of sh** around as long as possible.

Garrett
Maher
Heath
Fire everybody

The season can't end quick enough. What a dumpster fire.
Ag12thman
AG

Garrett
Maher
Heath
If he loses this, why not get the firing over with? It's obvious this team is not performing under him.
(Thumbs down for Garrett not in reply to recipient).
Grapesoda2525
Ag12thman said:

Garrett
Maher
Heath
If he loses this, why not get the firing over with? It's obvious this team is not performing under him.
(Thumbs down for Garrett not in reply to recipient).
Because Jerruh is the biggest idiot ever. Pretty much any other owner in the NFL would fire Garrett right now.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Weird that the Jones family is either ridiculously incompetent or wayyy too nice to realize when they need to fire or let go of someone
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think they can't decide which idiot to promote. Their prime replacement option's unit is getting butt****ed by Mitch Trubisky
Saint Pablo
Haha that was pathetic
94chem
Saint Pablo said:

Haha that was pathetic

You have to challenge their manhood at some point. Parcells wouldn't put up with this. Neither would Jimmy Johnson. This is a bunch of talented players playing at a country club.
Saint Pablo
I genuinely hope the eagles beat us and we do not make the playoffs
98Ag99Grad
AG
Guys, it's been fun. I'm out until the 2020 thread starts with a new HC. this team is toast. See you later.
94chem
You can just see the lack of discipline in everything they do. They can force a negative play on 1st down, but they can't play 3 downs in a row. It reminds me of the Aggies under Sumlin or Fran. Except these are professionals.
Dddfff
AG
Ag Natural said:

A lot of Dak doubters looking foolish right now. Where is the poster claim Trubisky is better?

In September, you were saying?
Grapesoda2525
That Chicago wide receiver who out hustled 3 of our tacklers in position to stop him from getting a first down is the story of our season.

Bad coaching, unprepared, lazy, sloppy, poor effort.

A smart owner would've fired the coach after thanksgiving. We truly don't have a smart owner.
Dddfff
AG
He's smart enough to be a gazilionare, no?
2ndGen87
AG
Does anyone want to win the NFC East?
TyHolden
AG
7-9 wins the East?
jja79
AG
In this 24 year run of NFL irrelevance one thing is constant. The President and GM. Players and coaches have come and gone but the President and GM remains.
94chem
Jason Witten: How I Learned to Stop Playing and Love the Booth.
TAMUallen
AG
This is why I pay less attn to cowboys than ags
Daveintx
To think I let them fool me again all off season for this... F you Jerry and your little puppet too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.