***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,175 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That dude looks ROUGH
mavsfan4ever
AG
Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

I'd take Pederson and his "fluky" super bowl win

I think we all would. The question is, how much of that do you attribute to him?

All of it.
jtstanley4621
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

That dude looks ROUGH

Sad to see. One of my favorite players from a while back. I loved watching him run the ball. Hope this is a minor bump in the road.
Macarthur
mavsfan4ever said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

I think we all would. The question is, how much of that do you attribute to him?

All of it.

Wow. ALL of it?
jr15aggie
AG
No idea what he's up to and perhaps he just rolled out of bed before getting booked & photo'd... but he definitely looks like another former NFL player that pissed away his career earnings in a few short years and has a very bleak future ahead of him.
bonfarr
AG
https://nypost.com/2014/06/17/police-send-ex-cowboy-marion-barber-for-psych-check/

MB III has had a history of strange behavior.
Southlake
Why would any coach want to work for Jerry Jones?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Southlake said:

because you can be mediocre and have a top 5 paying jobs for 8 years - look at Garrett.

Truth is... Stephen and McClay make the decisions now. The Cowboys have the nicest facilities, the most staff, nicest stadium, huge fan base, and... if you perform, someone will scoop you up quick or you get to hold Jerry's feet to the fire.

There are plenty of owners that are overbearing and "make decisions" Jerry just goes on TV because his marketing, real estate, and everything else arms are just as big as the cowboys.
bonfarr
AG
Southlake said:

Jason Garrett has been employed for 10 years with one playoff win, I imagine many, many NFL coaches would be interested in stability like that.
Saint Pablo
Southlake said:

Let him reach his hand up your ass, control you like a puppet, remain an NFL coach for years and years no matter what the results are, PROFIT!
Macarthur
AggieFanatic09 said:

Southlake said:

because you can be mediocre and have a top 5 paying jobs for 8 years - look at Garrett.

Truth is... Stephen and McClay make the decisions now. The Cowboys have the nicest facilities, the most staff, nicest stadium, huge fan base, and... if you perform, someone will scoop you up quick or you get to hold Jerry's feet to the fire.

There are plenty of owners that are overbearing and "make decisions" Jerry just goes on TV because his marketing, real estate, and everything else arms are just as big as the cowboys.

This doesn't get said enough. I would be willing to bet there are very few NFL owners that are 'great to work for'.

At least JJ is pretty transparent, and those that leave the organization always have good things to say about Jerry. He is very loyal, to a fault, which is exactly the point we are discussing with JG.
expresswrittenconsent
Jerry gave 1 coach control (post Jimmy) and it was a case where parcels needed divorce money and jerry needed a new stadium. Other than that, every hire has been a yes man.
ramblin_ag02
AG
IIRC, Jerry also said he would never give another coach as much power as Parcells. Basically said that since Parcells couldn't win a Super Bowl then Jerry might as well do things his way
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag Natural
AG
Giving a coach control of personnel has proven time and time again to be a terrible idea. They should have input, but never total control.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
Grapesoda2525
I'd like to know how Garrett became the "chosen one" is it because he had a minor role in the cowboys super bowl winning teams? Is it because he presided over an offense that was hard to stop with a still dominant TO and a very underrated tony Romo?

Why?

Most cowboy fans probably think he's an awful coach by now.

mavsfan4ever
AG
Macarthur said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

All of it.

Wow. ALL of it?

Yes, I do. Winning a super bowl with a backup qb, going for it on 4th on multiple occasions (which were all the right decision regardless of whether they converted or not), the ending to the super bowl, etc. I give Pederson full credit for all of that. I honestly don't think the eagles would have won the super bowl with any other coach. Maybe it was a fluke and they will never win much again with him as coach, but Pederson deserves full credit for that championship.

I don't think wentz is great, or he is at least very overrated, which may make it hard for Pederson to live up to expectations moving forward.
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

Macarthur said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

All of it.

Wow. ALL of it?

Yes, I do. Winning a super bowl with a backup qb, going for it on 4th on multiple occasions (which were all the right decision regardless of whether they converted or not), the ending to the super bowl, etc. I give Pederson full credit for all of that. I honestly don't think the eagles would have won the super bowl with any other coach. Maybe it was a fluke and they will never win much again with him as coach, but Pederson deserves full credit for that championship.

I don't think wentz is great, or he is at least very overrated, which may make it hard for Pederson to live up to expectations moving forward.
I seem to recall agreeing with pederson on all of his 4th down calls except for the one deep in his own territory.
diehard03
Quote:

This doesn't get said enough. I would be willing to bet there are very few NFL owners that are 'great to work for'.

At least JJ is pretty transparent, and those that leave the organization always have good things to say about Jerry.

I think situations like negotiating with Zeke through the media take a toll on the team and make it harder for the coaching staff to get their jobs done.

Should they be professionals and rise above? Sure, but they are humans too.
BMX Bandit
disagree with that. the players LOVE Jerry
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

disagree with that. the players LOVE Jerry

Absolutely, it is common knowledge that Jerry likes to reward his players that perform well with new contracts and Jerry is loyal to his guys. Many GMs do not, see Tom Telesco for the Chargers as an example
TyHolden
AG
bonfarr said:

jr15aggie said:

So who's on the short list of replacement coaches?

I've heard Richard and Riley. Any others?

If I am Jerry I make a pass at Sean Payton and make him say no. After that there are lots of options, just so e off the top of my head:

Mike McCarthy
Jim Harbaugh
Ryan Day
Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Matt Rhule

Mike McCarthy-great for developing dak

Jim Harbaugh-great in the nfl. Old school mentality. Not sure he'd mesh with jerrah though but he might not get a better offer.

Ryan Day - not sure why he'd leave. Same goes for LR. Too good of a situation.

Urban Meyer-bit of a gamble but could be awesome. Not sure he would mesh with jerrah either.

Bob Stoops - seriously doubt he wants the pressure

Matt Rhule - seems like major gamble. Little nfl experience. Mid-level HC college experience.

I'd probably go harbaugh if Michigan wants him out. He's won everywhere. Hasn't won enough at Michigan but he hasn't recruited well enough either. Thought he was the best nfl coach during his stint. Flame away.
jr15aggie
AG
I'd have no issue with Harbaugh. I've been shocked how average he's been in college, but it's a completely different game, ask Saban.

I'd be all for it, he was a very good NFL coach.
BMX Bandit
BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

In
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
expresswrittenconsent
Does Urbans secret sauce work in the NFL? I have no clue. Realistically you know there's only a 50% chance he is still the coach 3yrs and 1 day after being hired, but that could still be enough time to change the culture.
PooDoo
AG
Philly's hasn't looked as good as it did with Frank Reich coaching the offense.

I haven't been following them very close, just seeing pieces of games here and there... but Reich's been pretty impressive at Indy so far.

Since people are talking about hiring HC's under contract I'd add him to the list.
BenFiasco14
AG
Desean Jackson is out for the season now, presumably, fwiw re eagles
gigem1223
Smith, Collins and Cooper all expected to play tonight
BMX Bandit
keep in mind, Cowherd was initially asking about Lincoln Riley taking Cowboy job.

The point is the "no one wants to coach for Jerry" is a bunch of nonsense.
TyHolden
AG
So it's urban, Harbaugh, or LR. Happy with any of those.
Grapesoda2525
DSAg44 said:

So it's urban, Harbaugh, or LR. Happy with any of those.
All 3 of them could coach circles around mr. Clapper.
Post removed:
by user
BenFiasco14
AG
Yeah, I'm expecting an awful game tonight too and an eagles win unfortunately
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Saints are handily beating the Bears. No Brees. No Kamara. No Cook. No problem.

Jerruh should have hired Payton when he had the chance.
EllisCoAg
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Meanwhile in Chicago, the Saints are handily beating the Bears. No Brees. No Kamara. No Cook. No problem.

Jerruh should have hired Payton when he had the chance.

This times ten
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.