***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,281 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

You aren't wrong, although I would argue against the stats because our offense and defense are not near as good as their numbers suggest.

Me personally, I don't see us recovering to a point where we even make the playoffs (much less get to the NFC title game which most agree was the bare min. for Red to keep his job). I think Philly wins this week and will stay in 1st place the rest of the season.

But hey, I predicted wins the last 3 weeks so what the hell do I know!
Damn , things must be really bad if JR is down on this team so badly. I need to reassess my own outlook.
Saint Pablo
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

So who's on the short list of replacement coaches?

I've heard Richard and Riley. Any others?

If I am Jerry I make a pass at Sean Payton and make him say no. After that there are lots of options, just so e off the top of my head:

Mike McCarthy
Jim Harbaugh
Ryan Day
Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Matt Rhule
BMX Bandit
Quote:

If I am Jerry I make a pass at Sean Payton and make him say no.
How many first draft picks are you willing to trade to get him?
jtstanley4621
AG
So here's a scenario: Let's say Garrett does get fired. Is there ANY NFL or NCAA team that makes him their first call? I think not.

McAfee said something which I wholeheartedly agree with: as long as Garrett has been the coach you NEVER expect him to be able to outsmart or outscheme another coaching staff.

It's been a decade, Jerry. If you wanna die without ever tasting another Super Bowl shot, keep giving Garrett chances.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
There is no way Sean Payton is in Dallas next year. It'll take a shi*load of picks to get him. If I'm Jerry I'm hoping that Nick Saban really wants another stab at the NFL and I pick up the phone to see his interest. (This would of course also be great for the Ags). After that I'm working my way down a long list of guys about 300 long that would likely be better head coaches than the guy we have in place now. Current assistants in the league, and head coaches in CFB.
ElephantRider
AG
Payton just signed an extension, that's not even a remotely realistic possibility.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Bob Stoops would be my choice
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

There is no way Sean Payton is in Dallas next year. It'll take a shi*load of picks to get him. If I'm Jerry I'm hoping that Nick Saban really wants another stab at the NFL and I pick up the phone to see his interest.

At worse the Nick Saban thing would be a win/lose proposition for us. Even if he fails again in the NFL it would remove the most dominant NCAA coach of the modern era off our schedule every year.

At best Bama takes a hit and the Cowboys get a kick ass head coach.
BMX Bandit
I love what he has done to the Seahawk offense. I'd take a look at Brian Schottenheimer if going the coordinator route.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Damn , things must be really bad if JR is down on this team so badly. I need to reassess my own outlook.

Ha! No argument there, I tend to favor the glass is half full side of Cowboy debates.

But I have no problem talking negatives when I think we are in trouble. At the current moment we have lots of injuries and I think Philly will expose all of them. One of Garrett's biggest weaknesses is developing winning gameplans around injuries & backup players.

"We need to execute better"... Jason, bro, you can't expect Cam Fleming to execute like Tyron Smith, it's your job as a coach to adjust.

I don't think we win this week and I think it will be too much to overcome with a really tough 2nd half schedule.
ElephantRider
AG
Yeah right, it's Fleming's job to execute and play as well as Tyron.
Macarthur
The D is performing poorly, but Richard has been a hot name.

It would seem like 10 games or so would be a good audition for him. I think he's a guy that will get a HC shot, at some point. He also seems like a guy that would be a good contrast to JG. He would seem to be the polar opposite of JG as a HC. Maybe that's a good shakeup.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Agree, Richard has done NOTHING to earn a HC spot this year but that said I'd be willing to gamble that he'd be able to light a fire under this team that Garrett cannot. Not saying he will for sure, just willing to take the gamble since we already have a known quantity (failure/loser/mediocre at best) in Garrett.
ElephantRider
AG
If you know you're dumping Garrett after the season anyways, might as well give Richard an audition.
PooDoo
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

OU didn't even want to keep Stoops.

Oh yeah... Crawford out for the season. Where's Taco?
Grapesoda2525
duck79 said:

bonfarr said:

Doug Pederson is guaranteeing a win next week. Wow, if the Cowboys can't be motivated by that then they are the biggest chumps in the league.

The worst part about that is that when Garrett was asked about the comment his response was "The eagles are a good team and we are excited to play". That's a terrible answer, stand up for your players and put your cajones on the table by saying "bring it, we will be ready".

When Pederson tried to back track last night he said "I'm sure Garrett would say the same thing I did". NOPE
It pains me to say this, it really does, but......

The Philadelphia coach has bigger stones than Garrett, much more success than garret in a shorter amount of time, a much better leader than Garrett, and more of a man than Garrett will ever be.

Meanwhile in Dallas....... back to your regularly scheduled talk about the "process" and the need to execute better.
Macarthur
I don't want this to sound as a defense of JG becuase I want him gone, but I'm not sold that Peterson is the second coming. JG is 4-2 against Peterson head to head.

I think history will look back at the Eagles run as incredibly fluky. Sure, he showed balls going for it, but he was kinda playing with house money. He's had one really good season and then kinda been so so...remind you of somebody?
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

I don't want this to sound as a defense of JG becuase I want him gone, but I'm not sold that Peterson is the second coming. JG is 4-2 against Peterson head to head.

I think history will look back at the Eagles run as incredibly fluky. Sure, he showed balls going for it, but he was kinda playing with house money. He's had one really good season and then kinda been so so...remind you of somebody?

You gotta give Pederson the benefit of the doubt.

We would all put up with 5+ year of suckage if we knew a coach would bring us a super bowl. Fluky or not, pederson got it done and made some big calls to do it. Garrett has beat him head to head, but it's the trophies that matter and we haven't sniffed one since 1995.
YouBet
AG
investorAg83 said:

NFL teams are 90-1 since 1991 when they win time of possession, total yards, turnovers, convert at least 25 first downs, and convert 10 3rd downs.

Sunday's loss to the Jets is the one loss.
This is real?!
Ag Natural
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Macarthur said:

You gotta give Pederson the benefit of the doubt.

We would all put up with 5+ year of suckage if we knew a coach would bring us a super bowl. Fluky or not, pederson got it done and made some big calls to do it. Garrett has beat him head to head, but it's the trophies that matter and we haven't sniffed one since 1995.

Seriously? That's basically the Eli deserves to be in the HOF arguement. Pederson has balls? Really? The guy had a stacked team that was so good they played even better with their backup QB in there. Most NFL writers I follow thought Pederson was terrible prior to that run. And he hasnt done jack since. They were picked by many to goto the SB this year and there he sits at 3-3 making guarantees. He sounds more like and idiot every day.

I'm not defending Garrett at all. But great NFL coaches dont act like Pederson.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
PatAg
AG
To me, you play every year to win the Super Bowl. A good coach should be given about 3-4 years to win one. You can use "made playoffs, made NFC Championship" as good ways to judge performance in that time frame, but if you haven't won after 4 years you never are in the NFL. We're way past that, and he is a .500 coach. he's not good enough
BMX Bandit
I'd take Pederson and his "fluky" super bowl win
Macarthur
BMX Bandit said:

I'd take Pederson and his "fluky" super bowl win

I think we all would. The question is, how much of that do you attribute to him?
Nagler
AG
He did do it with Nick Foles as a QB.
PooDoo said:

Say what? He went 11-2 and 9-0 in conference, and finished 3rd in the polls in his last season. Where is it written that OU didn't want to keep him?
BMX Bandit

PooDoo said:

Say what? He went 11-2 and 9-0 in conference, and finished 3rd in the polls in his last season. Where is it written that OU didn't want to keep him?
This is the only place that is written
Baby Billy
AG
My god
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525
Huell Babineaux said:

My god

That's Fugly
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Huell Babineaux said:

My god

That's Fugly
That also works out well for Garrett to get his built in excuses ready to go.
Ag12thman
AG
Exactly. Predicted future interview with Jones will go something like this:

Reporter: "Jerry, will you stick with Jason Garrett as head coach despite the continual losses?"

Jerry: "Of course. You can't blame Jason for the losses when we have had several injuries at various positions. There will be no change at head coach."
PooDoo
AG

PooDoo said:

You can't see it? They didn't want to risk losing Riley.
All the 0u people I knew were ready to see him go.
You think he'd rather be in the XFL than back at 0u?
I politely disagree. I know several OU donors. Not a one of them wanted Stoops gone. He retired to not die on the sideline like his dad did. The pressures of the XFL are not what they are at OU. For all I know, he has no desire to go to the pressure cooker that is the NFL, either. It would be worth the price of a phone call for Jerruh to find out.
PooDoo
AG
I don't see him as the type that would be able to relax during any competitive environment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.