***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,161 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can Collins even play LT? I'm almost wondering if you wouldn't be better off leaving the right side alone (Collins & Martin)... and then you... wait for it... bump the Sip to LT. Pretty sure he played LT in college. I'm not suggesting he'd be great at it, but if he's good enough then it's not a bad option considering our current depth on the interior.

We've gone way off subject, but it's an interesting thought.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he could handle it. There are any number of directions they could go to replace Tyron. Sure, ideally Connor Williams could develop enough to slide out there. But that's a big question mark. One of the philosophies with OL is finding the best 5 and putting them there however it has to fit, which is why I could see some Collins/Martin move potential. They've already showed that tendency with some guys regarding where they played in college vs where Dallas has played them.
ElephantRider
AG
Williams to LT makes the most sense. Opens a spot for McGovern too
gigem1223
I've always been of the opinion the best position for Collins is LG and Williams at RT, especially in a run heavy offense. Putting him in the middle with Martin and Fredrick is a helluva interior OL. Williams seems more of a fit RT, being leaner and more athletic and playing tackle in college. Would like to see them at least toy with this idea at some point.
Ag Natural
AG
Unless a top flight LT falls into their laps, I dont see them dropping Smith. Even at 75% hes a good option at his current price tag.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree that he's still a good value for now. But he's already close to 75% of what he was. This issue has taken him off the field for about 4 games per year each the past few years (counting missed entirely and big chunks of others) with reduced effectiveness when he is in. His deal right now is $10 mill and you keep paying that ...for now. But depending on how he holds up, a decision is coming
Baby Billy
AG
3 year window is a little crazy. He's only 24 years old.

He's got another 5-6 years in his prime if he's well taken care of, which hopefully Pollard can help with
DannyDuberstein
AG
Part of the factor in my window is that if he's performing, he's holding out again in 3 years. I think he either wears down or forces their hand again. That is unless this deal gets backloaded enough to pump up the average to help his ego, in which case the economics get questionable after 3-4 years.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Agree that he's still a good value for now. But he's already close to 75% of what he was.

I don't know... he was pretty much in HOF form in camp from what I hear. Just dominant. Granted, when his back was acting up bad a couple years ago he wasn't as good. But he was better last year and so far he's been much better / feels better going into this year. It's still a concern, but I'll worry when he gives me a reason to worry.

I just hope we can stay healthy and make a run this year... at least get us back to the NFC Championship game... back in the spotlight playing for something really big.
Southlake
To think Pollard can come close to Zeke is just silly.

This team is built around Zeke.

Contracts get signed when the pressure is on. Zeke will sign this week and get everything he wanted.

Count on it.
. . .
exitone
AG
I love Dirk. I'm not a basketball fan, but he sure is great. Pretty much the antithesis of Zeke.
bonfarr
AG
Jared Goff is signing an extension that is reportedly around the $32 MM that Wentz received. Let's go Dak, get your deal done.
ElephantRider
AG
bonfarr said:

Jared Goff is signing an extension that is reportedly around the $32 MM that Wentz received. Let's go Dak, get your deal done.

110 guaranteed tho
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

4 year $134M with $110M guaranteed
gigem1223
Dddfff
AG
33.5 per year. 110 guaranteed. Only a 4 year deal, so Goff could play himself into another huge payday.

Kinda wanted to see a team rotate rookie deal QBs and have some sustainable success around that concept.

Guessing Dak's deal will be sound the same annually but for 5 or 6 years.
bonfarr
AG
Where does Dak fit in between Wentz and Goff? Does Dak think he is worth $110 MM guaranteed?
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

Where does Dak fit in between Wentz and Goff? Does Dak think he is worth $110 MM guaranteed?

My guess is he lands somewhere in the ballpark. Unfortunate, but that's the market. Anything less is a win for the boys.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, they're going to pay ballpark of $30. I'm hopeful they can avoid as crazy of a guarantee, but regardless, whatever they do will be big enough to marry them to him for a good 4-5 years. Hopefully he can produce even if the offensive talent around him is not as quality as it is now.
bonfarr
AG
I'm pretty sure they have already offered him north of $30 MM a year. I would be surprised if the guaranteed money was less than 3 years so he wouldn't be that far off from $110.
Ag Natural
AG
Beat the Hell said:

33.5 per year. 110 guaranteed. Only a 4 year deal, so Goff could play himself into another huge payday.

Kinda wanted to see a team rotate rookie deal QBs and have some sustainable success around that concept.

Guessing Dak's deal will be sound the same annually but for 5 or 6 years.

It's a 4 year EXTENSION. He had two years left about $26 million. We wont know for sure what the real terms are until they come out. If they are reworking his last two years then that's only 110m guaranteed over 6 years. If they are leaving the last two years as is then its 161m over 6 years with 136m guaranteed. So a shade over 30m a year.
91AggieLawyer
AG
jr15aggie said:

When did Zeke really bust onto the nation scene? In the college playoffs when most players were battered and bruised, Zeke went through them like butter!

They all had a month off before the games.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Done deal. 6/$90 with $45M guaranteed per ESPN this morning.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Thank you fantasy gods
ElephantRider
AG
Seven said:

Thank you fantasy gods

Damn you, salary cap gods
BMX Bandit
ElephantRider
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, they're going to pay ballpark of $30. I'm hopeful they can avoid as crazy of a guarantee, but regardless, whatever they do will be big enough to marry them to him for a good 4-5 years. Hopefully he can produce even if the offensive talent around him is not as quality as it is now.

30 would be a bargain at this point. It's going to be around 35, give or take
ElephantRider
AG
Might as well just let Dak play out this year and tag him. We're going to be horrible in a few years when there's no cap room to go around on defense
gigem1223
Makes Zeke the 4th highest paid RB per year over the next 6 years at 12.9M/ year.
ac04
thank god i don't have to hear about this anymore. let's get on with football
gigem1223
ElephantRider said:

Might as well just let Dak play out this year and tag him. We're going to be horrible in a few years when there's no cap room to go around on defense

Except for the whole holding out part. Zeke would never have played under a franchise tag. Gotta keep doing what they've been doing over the last several years and draft extremely well. In Will I trust.
ElephantRider
AG
Of course Zeke wouldn't have, he held out with two years left. But I bet Dak would play on the tag. If you're confident in your abilities (which he obviously is, based on his demands), that's a lot of guaranteed dough.
ac04
there's no way dak would play on the franchise tag. nor would the cowboys ask him to IMO.
bonfarr
AG
I wish someone would put a spreadsheet together with all of the salaries on it for the next 3 years so I can figure out how it all fits under the cap. Where is all the money cominflg from if we plan to sign Dak and Amari to extensions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.