***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,234 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hard for me not to view McCarthy as a higher profile Jason Garrett. I am extremely underwhelmed with the hire.
ElephantRider
AG
Targeting Mike Nolan for DC
gigem1223
jtstanley4621 said:

Hard for me not to view McCarthy as a higher profile Jason Garrett. I am extremely underwhelmed with the hire.

Would you be excited with Payton? McCarthy has 10x the resume Garrett has.
bonfarr
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

If by higher profile you mean Jason Garrett with a better record and a Lombardi Trophy I guess you would be correct.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Macarthur
gigem1223 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

I've a huge Payton fanboy, but McCarthy's resume is actually a bit better, IMO.

Many folks forget about that 3 years in a row of 7-9 for Payton.
Saint Pablo
Macarthur said:

gigem1223 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

I've a huge Payton fanboy, but McCarthy's resume is actually a bit better, IMO.

Many folks forget about that 3 years in a row of 7-9 for Payton.
Agree. Payton barely has a better winning percentage than McCarthy overall, McCarthy has had more playoff success, and they each have one super bowl. I think this was a good hire.
Spaceship
AG
For those of you who don't like the McCarthy hire, what reasonably attainable other candidate is better and a more slam dunk success?
Grapesoda2525
I honestly believe McCarthy would've been the difference in the jets game, pats game, saints game, and maybe Vikings game this year.

Some of you guys don't truly realize how awful Garrett was. We lost the coaching battle in just about every game. Garrett never made adjustments. Remember the no name atlanta DL who got 8-10 sacks in one game?

This is without question a big upgrade over Garrett. We now have a coach whose not going to be a huge liability on game day and the cowboys haven't had that going for them in a very long time.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

I honestly believe McCarthy would've been the difference in the jets game, pats game, saints game, and maybe Vikings game this year.

Some of you guys don't truly realize how awful Garrett was. We lost the coaching battle in just about every game. Garrett never made adjustments. Remember the no name atlanta DL who got 8-10 sacks in one game?

This is without question a big upgrade over Garrett. We now have a coach whose not going to be a huge liability on game day and the cowboys haven't had that going for them in a very long time.
Agree.

If McCarthy was coaching this team this year, they are 10-5, at worst.

Now, I do actually think this year off might be really good for McCarthy, if you believe the video that is circulating.
diehard03
Quote:

If you literally replayed the season with all coaches the same, they are 10-5 at worst. Some epic **** happened this season.

I will give credit where it's due: McCarthy is a real coach. I didn't expect him to land at the Cowboys because I figured he'd want more control. Can he focus the locker room with the Jerry Jones Circus? That will be the test.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Agree.

Now, I do actually think this year off might be really good for McCarthy, if you believe the video that is circulating.
Fans also might want to go back and look at "America's game 2010". It has McCarthy in it and the super bowl is at Jerry world.
Ryan34
AG
Not a Cowboys' fan, but it seems like a good hire on the surface. Several coaches have had success with their 2nd team. Dungy, Belichick, Carroll, Coughlin, even Kubiak. McCarthy was good in Green Bay but both sides needed to go in other directions.
The Collective
AG
Will McCarthy actually remember there are three phases instead of just saying it?
bonfarr
AG

Kellen Moore was offered the OC job at UW. I am not sure what Moore can offer McCarthy since they run completely different systems, I assumed Moore was only staying on because Jerry wanted him. If McCarthy fights for him and convinces him to stay that will be surprising I would just let him go and bring in someone that knows the WCO.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jtstanley4621
AG
Rex Racer
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Permission granted and encouraged!!!!!!!!!!
BenFiasco14
AG
Rex Racer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Permission granted and encouraged!!!!!!!!!!

Who in their right mind sees what JG has done at Dallas and is all like,

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bonfarr
AG
Jerry will stroke out if Garrett wins a SB in New York.
expresswrittenconsent
bonfarr said:

Jerry will stroke out if Garrett wins a SB in New York.
then let's make it happen. Nothing changes until Jerry dies.
jr15aggie
AG
I will get great joy of happily clapping along with JG right after the Cowboys made a huge play against his team.
bilbobag
Giants hires Joe Judge of the Pats
ElephantRider
AG
Joe Judge to NYG
twilly
AG

Jerry gets his wish that JG remains without a sideline.
Macarthur
Who the hell is that?
bonfarr
AG
I thought Judge was going to get the Miss State job.
BenFiasco14
AG
I didn't even realize Panthers grabbed Rhule
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ElephantRider
AG
Giants targeting JG as OC
Grapesoda2525
Did Jerruh deny the giants access to his prized golden child of fail?
jr15aggie
AG
ElephantRider said:

Let's look at the positives for the G-Men if he's not the head coach:

He can't ice his own kicker... he can't throw challenge flags...not responsible for calling / not calling time-outs... going for 2 will be above his pay grade... won't have to recite the same stuff every week for the media.

Just call plays Red. Probably not a terrible hire.
ElephantRider
AG
jr15aggie said:

ElephantRider said:

Let's look at the positives for the G-Men if he's not the head coach:

He can't ice his own kicker... he can't throw challenge flags...not responsible for calling / not calling time-outs... going for 2 will be above his pay grade... won't have to recite the same stuff every week for the media.

Just call plays Red. Probably not a terrible hire.
One phase of the game
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

ElephantRider said:

won't have to recite the same stuff every week for the media.

For the last 10 years or so, anytime I was listening to the radio and they would cut to a Jason Garrett press conference, I'd always change to another station.

I can actually listen to the cowboys head coach again. It won't be the same monotone drivel about executing better and following the process.
The Collective
AG
If Giants offer JG the OC gig, Jerry will probably want to make the same offer.
PatAg
AG
you described almost every head coach ever
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

Naw. There are so many gems out there from non-monotone coaches. Playoffs!!??!!!
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

PatAg said:

Naw. There are so many gems out there from non-monotone coaches. Playoffs!!??!!!

I agree that JG is easily the least entertaining press conference I've seen in all my years. Granted, I dont pay attention to other teams. I've seen snippets of Belichik and hes no picnic. There has never been a Cowboys coach as boring as Garrett.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.