***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,184 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jcbaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dallas needs an actual star TE to follow Witten. Not sold on any of the ones currently on roster. I'd like to see what they could get OJ Howard for from bucs. He doesn't fit what they are doing offensively there.
ChoppinDs40
AG
JG offense doesn't use a high flying TE and never has. It needs a great blocking TE that can move the sticks in the passing game.

Jarwin down the seam every now and then is nice but the team values and needs an in-line, full rounded TE to fit the run-first scheme. Is OJ Howard that guy?

Not to make a comparison this early, but a big body like Wydermeyer or.. Witten... is what they need.

Howard is more of a pass-catching TE that often lines up in the slot.
Saint Pablo
Could've had Josh Gordon if we wanted him.
bonfarr
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Could've had Josh Gordon if we wanted him.

How would he have improved our team? Can he play safety?
ac04
gordon looks really washed and i don't want him taking any of gallup's snaps
Ag Natural
AG
Gordon looks like a spare to me.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
jr15aggie
AG
Ok, who was that earlier in the season arguing that Trubiski was a better QB than Dak? Guy looks like hot garbage today against philly.
gigem1223
Bears with 9 yards of total offense in the first half against a bad eagles D.
BenFiasco14
AG
Jets are about to lose to the friggin dolphins
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BMX Bandit
BenFiasco14 said:

Jets are about to lose to the friggin dolphins

Going to hurt that playoff push
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

Ok, who was that earlier in the season arguing that Trubiski was a better QB than Dak? Guy looks like hot garbage today against philly.

mAgnoliAg
Cy_Tolliver
Chargers are completely shutting down the packers in what I assume is a British soccer stadium for a sh*tty coastal town. No way an nfl team plays there
jr15aggie
AG
Glad to see even NE get roughed up when they finally play a good football team. It's more about consistency than perfection, so NE is definitely still the team to beat.

Unfortunately for the Cowboys, their inconsistency early in the season makes games like tonight a must win. We already crapped the bed 3 weeks in a row and we can't afford to drop a game we "should" win. We're also gonna have to win a couple we might not be favored in.
jr15aggie
AG

dp
bonfarr
AG
Tonight we get to see what Mike Bennett can do, apparently Richard loved him at Seattle and was the driving force in bringing him to Dallas. He is going to back up Quinn and Lawrence at DE and come in at DT on passing third downs. He signed a team friendly deal and supposedly Jerry restructured it so he is a UFA next year and that was a payoff to ensure Bennett stands for the anthem.

In other notes from Sturm Trysten Hill has been slacking off and has been disciplined by Garrett. He missed a meeting this week and was sent home and fell asleep in a meeting last week. The dude has been a major disappointment thus far and is sure looking like a wasted pick.
Ag Natural
AG
Vander Esch out tonight. That is worrisome considering we have to handle Barkley. I sure hope the offense shows up and takes care of business.
Grapesoda2525
bonfarr said:

Tonight we get to see what Mike Bennett can do, apparently Richard loved him at Seattle and was the driving force in bringing him to Dallas. He is going to back up Quinn and Lawrence at DE and come in at DT on passing third downs. He signed a team friendly deal and supposedly Jerry restructured it so he is a UFA next year and that was a payoff to ensure Bennett stands for the anthem.

In other notes from Sturm Trysten Hill has been slacking off and has been disciplined by Garrett. He missed a meeting this week and was sent home and fell asleep in a meeting last week. The dude has been a major disappointment thus far and is sure looking like a wasted pick.
Could've had a pretty good safety at that draft position.
bonfarr
AG
Yeah it's time for someone to tell old man Marinelli to go feed the ducks on draft day. He fell in love with Hill for some reason .
investorAg83
AG
bonfarr said:

He fell asleep while Isaiah Thomas was giving some kind of inspirational speech to the team and Isaiah stopped in the middle of it to call attention to Hill. Not a good look.
MooreTrucker
AG
investorAg83 said:

bonfarr said:

He fell asleep while Isaiah Thomas was giving some kind of inspirational speech to the team and Isaiah stopped in the middle of it to call attention to Hill. Not a good look.
LOL...not a very inspirational speech.
investorAg83
AG
No doubt. They had a whole segment during BaD radio (I think) discussing it and there were 2 interesting points:

1) Given his name involvement in the #MeToo movement, you might pick a better representative to give an inspirational talk.
2) I would LOVE to hear the audio of Thomas stopping mid speech and addressing Hill.
jr15aggie
AG
I want Jordan Lewis on the field as much as possible... the guy is always around the ball.

For the same reason I want Wilson getting every opportunity this offseason to become a starting safety.

I don't give a crap what metrics the coaches use to evaluate players... Lewis gets to the ball... it's not hard to figure out.
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

I want Jordan Lewis on the field as much as possible... the guy is always around the ball.

For the same reason I want Wilson getting every opportunity this offseason to become a starting safety.

I don't give a crap what metrics the coaches use to evaluate players... Lewis gets to the ball... it's not hard to figure out.

Agree! Especially with how bad Chido has been.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Safety play looked better after heath went to the locker room.
BenFiasco14
AG
Never forget!

https://twitter.com/i/events/1118675150138822656

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PooDoo
AG
bonfarr said:

Yeah it's time for someone to tell old man Marinelli to go feed the ducks on draft day. He fell in love with Hill for some reason .

If they just can't evaluate and draft D-line they need to keep drafting other positions and trade the veteran surplus for D-line.
jr15aggie
AG
MB played really well other than the offsides. Amazing how good he's been as a pro. I still remember Fran getting mocked for offering him, they said it was only to get his brother.

He should really help us, solid rotation.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

MB played really well other than the offsides. Amazing how good he's been as a pro. I still remember Fran getting mocked for offering him, they said it was only to get his brother.

Very good pickup.

PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

Red Bryant was supposedly a throw in to get that OL from Jasper that couldn't stay off the weed.
birdman
Jorrie
TaggiesT
Boys really feasting on the NFC East the past 3 seasons at 14-2 (one loss coming on the snap infraction game at Washington).
PooDoo
AG
That's a quick turn around...
jcbaggie04
AG
jr15aggie said:

Though it is almost always kosher to mock the fran, people quit talking about Michael being the throw in for martellus the first time they saw Michael rudely throw a longhorn quarterback into the turf.

He played well today, I'm glad he is with the cowboys now.
jr15aggie
AG
Gonna be an interesting rest of the season. This team has plenty of talent to claim another East title if we can play good clean football. We don't have to be playing championship level football right now, we just need to get to the playoffs healthy and then start playing our best football.

Our lines, if healthy and firing on all cylinders come playoff time, are more than capable of dominating football games.
Ag Natural
AG
The Vikings game is a good test.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.