***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,346 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

mncag said:

The schedule is tough from here. When the new coach comes in probably next week or after the Eagles game, maybe he can light a spark and can get them to 500 but this is not a playoff team anymore.

I think the problem mostly lies in Garrett approach to the game and offense. But the defense was highly overrated they lost too many players they're average at best

Jerry will never fire Garrett mid-season.

I tend to agree, but we'll see what happens next week at Philly. If they get destroyed next week, then it might happen.
JAggie2007
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

mncag said:

The schedule is tough from here. When the new coach comes in probably next week or after the Eagles game, maybe he can light a spark and can get them to 500 but this is not a playoff team anymore.

I think the problem mostly lies in Garrett approach to the game and offense. But the defense was highly overrated they lost too many players they're average at best

Even though I agree with you, Garrett got his start as HC of the Cowboys in the middle of the year after Jerry fired Wade. Of course Garrett was hired before Wade in the first place so this is obviously different.
Jeff99
The Cowboys are in a difficult spot. If this season doesn't work, they are hamstrung with several expensive salaries and more high end players expecting to be paid. I honestly think the idea of this season not working terrifies the Jones braintrust because it calls into question the philosophy on which this team was built (spend high end draft picks on OL and RB. For the foreseeable future, they will not have a roster anywhere near this loaded.

For that reason, I see it VERY possible that Garrett is fired as a way to shock the team out of its rut before the season is too foregone. There is just too much riding on this season to not consider it.
Grapesoda2525
I can't wait until we have a real 2020 style coach whose aggressive and doesn't take estrogen.

Can we jettison this wussy boy, who can't manage a game to save his life despite his Ivy League background and plays 1988 style football ASAP?

It's been too long. Let's join the other teams in the nfl in the 21st century.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
NukeAg10 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

mncag said:

I tend to agree, but we'll see what happens next week at Philly. If they get destroyed next week, then it might happen.
Agree. At that point I think you can say its officially off the rails and your ONLY hope is to make a major shake up. But who on this assistant staff has proven worthy of a bump up? Offense sucks. Defense sucks. Special teams has done nothing. Wish Parcells was about 10 years younger and Jerry could maybe pick up the phone to him and coax him into to seeing if he can work some magic into pushing this team into the playoffs.
JAggie2007
AG
The Cowboys BYE is after the Eagles game so if they end up getting embarrassed at home again that may be the best time to do it. Highly doubt he gets fired mid-season though unless the players quit on him like they did Phillips
Ag Natural
AG
Jeff99 said:

The Cowboys are in a difficult spot. If this season doesn't work, they are hamstrung with several expensive salaries and more high end players expecting to be paid. I honestly think the idea of this season not working terrifies the Jones braintrust because it calls into question the philosophy on which this team was built (spend high end draft picks on OL and RB. For the foreseeable future, they will not have a roster anywhere near this loaded.

For that reason, I see it VERY possible that Garrett is fired as a way to shock the team out of its rut before the season is too foregone. There is just too much riding on this season to not consider it.

I don't think their hamstring at all. If anything, the poor performances this season can help make some good decisions. It's pretty clear that the opening gameplan of every game hasnt worked on either side of the ball. That's coaching.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
BenFiasco14
AG
Fire Garrett tonight
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ag Natural
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I can't wait until we have a real 2020 style coach whose aggressive and doesn't take estrogen.

Can we jettison this wussy boy, who can't manage a game to save his life despite his Ivy League background and plays 1988 style football ASAP?

It's been too long. Let's join the other teams in the nfl in the 21st century.

Being aggressive isnt a strategy. We need a strategy.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
NukeAg10
AG
Anyone have a video of players running by Garrett trying to high five them? It's getting talked about a lot on the ticket. I guess I missed it.
PatAg
AG
You all know we are beating Philly next week, that's how Garrett goes.
BenFiasco14
AG
Is Garrett fired yet
TefIon Don
AG
JAggie2007
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Anyone have a video of players running by Garrett trying to high five them? It's getting talked about a lot on the ticket. I guess I missed it.
NukeAg10
AG
Wow. That shows you everything you need to know.
TREX01
Another Garrett special. We get 4-5 of these a year. Can't have that from an NFL coach
expresswrittenconsent
Man, I thought that the team played hard for Garrett. That's what the JG fan club here kept preaching.
Nagler
AG
Need to fire him to give Richard a chance to prove her can do the jon.
STX Ag
AG
Nagler said:

You drunk bro?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Sam Darnold's comment after the game when he said "congratulations to Dallas for coming out and competing hard" made it sound like the Jets were playing a pee wee team. Probably didn't come out the way he meant it.
PatAg
AG
Nagler said:

The defense has been playing great, good call.
TyHolden
AG
Ags suck.
Boys suck.
Glad Stros are winning!
And Buzzball is coming!
Nagler
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Need to fire him to give Richard a chance to prove he can do the job.*
The defense has been playing great, good call.

I don't think Richard is the choice but it does seem to be the most Jerry like hire. If he is looking that way then you might as well give him a shot to see what he can do.

BenFiasco14
AG
Would Lincoln Reilly even be interested in this job? He's basically a saint at OU, and the expectations would be huge if he made this move.

Who else would be on the shortlist? I have no clue how a coaching search differs in the NFL versus college
ElephantRider
AG
If you do fire Dirty Red mid-season, Richard is going to be the best option for interim. Maybe he comes in and sets the world on fire. Maybe he doesn't and you know that going into the offseason.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'd guess Riley would be his #1 choice if he waits. Young, offensive mind similar to other guys in the league, that would be the Jerry thing to do.
Macarthur
Riley would be foolish to take this job, or any other NFL for that matter. Can make just as much money and be in a much better situation.
BMX Bandit
98Ag99Grad said:

I'd guess Riley would be his #1 choice if he waits. Young, offensive mind similar to other guys in the league, that would be the Jerry thing to do.
how would that be Jerry like?

Grapesoda2525
Going to be a tough week in the media for the cowboys and the coaching staff.

This is a very ugly and disappointing loss. The jets freaking stink. How pathetic.
98Ag99Grad
AG
BMX Bandit said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Copying what's popular in the league right now. Basically did that by hiring Moore as OC I guess.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Ok not sure why that quoted like that. Weird
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Jerruh should throw his checkbook at Bob Stoops.
BMX Bandit
98Ag99Grad said:

BMX Bandit said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Copying what's popular in the league right now. Basically did that by hiring Moore as OC I guess.

for head coach, copying what's popular in the league has never been a Jerry thing.

He was innovative with Jimmy

hired a retread in Barry that would do anything Jerry asked.

I guess you could try to argue Chan was doing what was popular in the league, but I'd need someone to sell me on that.

Campo? Come on man.

Parcells was a great hire, but he wasn't copying what was popular in the league.

Wade Phillip, great coordinator retread head coach

Garrett? the milquetoast "easy" hire
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Jerruh should throw his checkbook at Bob Stoops.
I'm actually very ok with this as a mid season option.

There is not a single assistant coach on this staff who has proven that the leadership of his unit qualifies him as head coach right now. Bring a guy in who the other assistant coaches and players will respect and while its the longest of long shots, at least its a jolt of something to the sidelines.
jr15aggie
AG
My very brief and simple thought.... JG has lost the confidence of his team. When they no longer believe in what they are doing you get what we saw yesterday.

As an example, when the team believes you get the saints who are scratching and clawing for wins they shouldn't have.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.