***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,560 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Ag Natural said:

It was a weird game. Two critical fumbles came on drive extending plays. The Saints intentionally milked the clock and it worked. My only concern is it was obvious once again when we intended to pound Zeke and NO was all over it. Moore needs to fight against tendancies.

He does have to watch the tendencies, but the bazillion dollar OL and RB need to be able to get 2-3 yards when you need it.

They were getting 2-3 yards just fine. I'm not sure why they decided to throw the ball on most 3rd and short plays.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brees is a noodle arm now. I don't think it would have been much different with him.
TMACsDaMan
on a positive note...Robert Quinn is a paying dividends
Grapesoda2525
ChemAg15 said:

If Brees had played tonight this would have been a blood bath.
Bridge water actually did a decent job. I don't recall our defense forcing very many 3 and outs. Unfortunately, the saints defense forced plenty of 3 and outs against us.

Just a depressing game really.
PatAg
AG
Ag Natural said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Ag Natural said:

It was a weird game. Two critical fumbles came on drive extending plays. The Saints intentionally milked the clock and it worked. My only concern is it was obvious once again when we intended to pound Zeke and NO was all over it. Moore needs to fight against tendancies.

He does have to watch the tendencies, but the bazillion dollar OL and RB need to be able to get 2-3 yards when you need it.

They were getting 2-3 yards just fine. I'm not sure why they decided to throw the ball on most 3rd and short plays.
if you are barely getting 2-3 on 1st and 2nd, you arent going to get it on 3rd
PatAg
AG
I still think Garrett said "we have to be conservative on the road" and made Moore call accordingly.
mike_ags_fan12
The defense did their job. Didn't allow any touchdowns In NO backyard. First time that's happened in the Payton era. It's just unfortunate that they won off 4 field goals.
Galborathelion
Didn't realize the Ags were playing twice in one weekend
Pignorant
AG
TMACsDaMan
Hope he can be back by Thanksgiving
Ag12thman
AG
Horrible injury to deal with for any player and especially hard to deal with trying to displace dudes on the OL.
mavsfan4ever
AG
PatAg said:

I still think Garrett said "we have to be conservative on the road" and made Moore call accordingly.

Thought the same thing. Thought Garrett may have put training wheels on kellen for this week because we beat them last year and Garrett wanted to implement a similar strategy.

Or maybe we were just really conservative bc our pass protection was poor.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Still expect us to be at 6-1.

Grapesoda2525
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Still expect us to be at 6-1.

5-2 with maybe a loss to either philly or Green Bay.

Philly doesn't have a great running game and they were able to run the ball against the packers at will at lambeau. The packers should struggle mightily against our running game.
JW
AG
Can't be fumbling. Dallas still gonna be ok.
ElephantRider
AG
I think 5-2
gigem1223
Packers may be without Adams. If so, we better win on Sunday against a stagnant offense without their best player.
gigem1223
PatAg said:

By going for it on the opposing side of the field? Cowboys got dominated in the trenches. Hard to be aggressive when that's the case.
TREX01
Classic Garrett Special. Be conservative to a fault and hope for the best. Not a recipe for winning big games. We've watched this same game dozens of times in the last 9 years.
bonfarr
AG
Martin had the worst game I have ever seen him play. The sip DT beat him multiple times blowing up plays in the backfield killing drives He didn't practice all week with a back injury, I wonder how much of his poor performance was due to the injury We need him to be better.

Williams still sucks and isn't powerful enough to create space. Were the Cowboys aware of McGovern's injury before the draft? I question using a third on a guy with a redshirt year when we needed to get better in the line now.
DE4D
AG
Wouldn't call that going for it on 4th at mid field conservative. Actually since NO got that extra time for FG you could argue a punt there would have won the game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seemed like a lot less pre-snap motion, definitely a lot less play action, and in general, it looked like they went into a shell and called a Linehan game.
jr15aggie
AG
Well, the Cowboys are not a championship level team just yet, but nobody ever won a ring in September.

Not a surprising loss, but disappointing how they lost. Our O-line got abused most of the game. Nobody on O stepped up and made a play. Cobb dropped an easy pass on a key play, Zeke never found a way to bounce it or break a tackle, Dak missed what is usually an easy TD throw for him... hell, even the Goat fumbled.

Defense wasn't half bad, but they weren't dominant and we needed them to be dominant last night.

We'll see how they respond next week. I think we'll be fine and can still be one of the elite teams this year, but I'll be pissed for a few days that we let Bridgewater dink & dunk to another win.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Defense tightened when they had to, but they have an issue with the run defense. It got them beat in the playoffs, and it's looked shaky through 4 games. The first 3 teams just sucked too bad in all other areas to take advantage of it. Way too many 2nd and 5's last night. And it helped NO control the ball and the clock.
jeffdjohnson
Turnovers happen (mostly random) but it was too many called 1st down runs that killed the game. Inexplicably conservative. The Saints defense is good (especially at home) but this Cowboys group should do better than 10 points. This was a golden opportunity to steal a tough game and grab pole position for a bye. Oh well. Cowboys will still likely be favored in their next 6 games.
ILikeTacos
AG
The Witten and Zeke fumbles lost the game for the Cowboys. Yes the cowboys were shut down, and playing conservatively for the most part, but the D kept them in the game. Those turnovers (one of which was unexpected) in those key moments killed momentum and resulted in three points scored by NO.
jtstanley4621
AG
That game was SO frustrating. The offensive stuff we saw the first 3 weeks completely went out the window in favor of a super conservative game plan. Run early and often with very little success, lose on obvious passing downs because the defense can pin their ears back, have a few critical turnovers. The defense battled, but all in all it felt like a classic Jason Garrett loss.

Garrett frustrates me to no end. I am so effing sick of us pretending that we have the 2013 o-line still. We have regressed up front and they just refuse to acknowledge it. It's classic Garrett. Defenses are going to load up to stop the run first and foremost. We do not have success running into 11 man fronts. When we go conservative, we play into their hands 99 percent of the time. It's just stupid.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
On another topic, Demarcus Lawrence has been a let down so far this year.

He is barely getting any kinda pressure on the QB. He does have one sack I think but really the most notable thing he's done all year is appear in a viral video where he told that little kid he had the wrong jersey on. The whole point in getting Quinn was hoping we'd have a 2nd pass rusher to compliment Lawrence, and now Lawrence is the one not showing up.
Agnzona
Is Jason Garret a fact denier? He denied they threw less on first and second down yesterday?
Did Jason reign in Moore and try to go more "old School"?

Seems very strange how much they deviated from success.I cannot imagine a young guy like Moore tasting success, got all tight and conservative at his first real Challenge?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
mike_ags_fan12
Hopefully Tyron is back for the bears, because the Mack truck is going to kill whatever LT. they put out there.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

On another topic, Demarcus Lawrence has been a let down so far this year.

He is barely getting any kinda pressure on the QB. He does have one sack I think but really the most notable thing he's done all year is appear in a viral video where he told that little kid he had the wrong jersey on. The whole point in getting Quinn was hoping we'd have a 2nd pass rusher to compliment Lawrence, and now Lawrence is the one not showing up.

Bear in mind DLaw is coming off shoulder surgery. I dont think he cleared for full practice until a week before the opener. Hopefully he'll get stronger as the season goes along.
Potcake
AG
Football isn't your sport, is it?
bcanales05
AG
Per CBS Sports, Frazier is out and now Donovan Wilson gets his chance to make a name for himself.

Gig'Em Donovan Wilson and show em you mean business!
bonfarr
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Hopefully Tyron is back for the bears, because the Mack truck is going to kill whatever LT. they put out there.

NFL.com is reporting he may only miss one week so it doesn't sound like a high ankle sprain. He has been ruled out of the GB game but they hope he is available for the Jets.

Quote:

Here is other news we're tracking Monday:

1. The Dallas Cowboys received good news on star left tackle Tyron Smith's sprained ankle suffered late in Sunday's loss to the Saints. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Smith might only miss one week due to the injury.

Smith already has been ruled out for this Sunday's game against the Packers, per Rapoport, but he has not been ruled out for Week 6 against the Jets. Jerry Jones told reporters after the Saints game that Smith was dealing with a "high ankle" situation, but Rapoport reports the injury does not appear to have the standard 4-6 week timeline associated with high ankle sprains.

TMACsDaMan
Rest/limit him for the Jets...they'll need him ready for the Iggles

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.