***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,551 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DannyDuberstein
AG
That is definitely the fastest I've seen anyone named Chidobe run.
PooDoo
AG
bonfarr said:

And the Browns cut Rico Gathers, his fanboys can finally stand down and accept that he isn't going to be a superstar.
ChemAg15
AG
He took a great angle too
DTP02
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

That's pretty dang impressive actually.
jtstanley4621
AG
DTP02 said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

That's pretty dang impressive actually.
Also underscores how effing amazing Barkley is. I know that I SHOULD hate him, but he's so damn talented. If the Giants aren't careful they're gonna end up wasting his prime.
ElephantRider
AG
Barkley is the best RB since Barry Sanders. As good as Zeke is, I think Barkley is on another level.
TMACsDaMan
Barkley, like Sanders, is going to be wasted on a team like the Giants. By the time they contend again, they'll be 3-4 years down the road. He's the Mike Trout of the NFL.
Saint Pablo
TMACsDaMan said:

Barkley, like Sanders, is going to be wasted on a team like the Giants. By the time they contend again, they'll be 3-4 years down the road. He's the Mike Trout of the NFL.
Wait, you are saying you think Daniel Jones isn't the answer?!
jr15aggie
AG
I can definitely appreciate Barkley right now because the Giants have been terrible since they got him. I would definitely feel differently if they were the team between us and another East title. Not sure about all his intangibles, but probably the most dangerous person in the NFL with the ball in his hands. He good!
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie
AG
I don't remember everything about the game he lost, but there was some goofy & very questionable crap going on ... including a phantom whistle & penalty on the field goal at the end of the game (can't remember if it was for the tie or for the win).

It was crap, that's all I remember. Typical NFC East game, just when you think you've seen it all.......
bonfarr
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

His career will be like Andre Johnson's in Houston.
DannyDuberstein
AG
jr15aggie said:

I don't remember everything about the game he lost, but there was some goofy & very questionable crap going on ... including a phantom whistle & penalty on the field goal at the end of the game (can't remember if it was for the tie or for the win).

It was crap, that's all I remember. Typical NFC East game, just when you think you've seen it all.......
Yep. They were lined up for a game tying 47 yarder in the closing seconds and the Redskins jump offsides, but they called LP for a snap infraction for the same legal ball adjustment move he does on every single kick. So what should have been a game tying attempt from 42 yards turned into a miss from 52 yards.
PooDoo
AG
Well, this guy is on the Patriots Practice Squad...
I think I'd gamble Kevon Frazier or Darian Thompson's spot that this guy might have more potential to be a playmaker.
bonfarr
AG
We looked at him hard in the second round.of the draft when he came out, he must not have shown much if they cut him in year 3.
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah the fear on him is he had "workout warrior" potential. Didn't do jack in college and then blew up at the combine. I'm guessing if he could actually play the Pats would keep him.
PooDoo
AG
He had 118 tackles and 4 ints his senior year.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/obi-melifonwu-1.html

I think it was injuries but if nothing is invested other than a roster spot.... It took the AB signing to get him cut.
ElephantRider
AG
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't say he "didn't do jack". But then again, the Raiders cut him quick, and the Pats cut him and he cleared waivers.
jr15aggie
AG
You guys trying to take Will McClays job!?!

It's a good find and interesting prospect. I think the biggest issue with it right now is our current crop of injured guys are all depth/special teams guys. We are having to finagle the roster as it is to make sure we can field our ST units on gameday. Maybe after we get some of those other guys back.

And in case some people don't know, you cannot take a guy off somebody else's practice squad unless you put them on your active roster, so you will have to cut somebody to make the move.
bonfarr
AG
Donovan Wilson returned to practice yesterday, probably too late to see much time against the Skins but we should see him against the Dolphins. Jeff Heath will need to bring his A game . Another bust like the Barkley run will have people calling for a change.
jr15aggie
AG
Safe to say that if Taco isn't active this week his days are numbered. Quinn will be back for week 3 so if Taco can't get a look this week that pretty much sums it up.

My guess is that he showed enough in pre-season and with the former 1st rounder mark to be worth a draft pick when other teams have injuries and need a DE. So he's inactive so the Cowboys can shop a healthy player.
bonfarr
AG
What is Taco worth to a team desperate for a pass rusher? 6th round pick?
ElephantRider
AG
bonfarr said:

Broaddus is saying that the Cowboys are in talks with one team, and it's likely a 5th.
Grapesoda2525
ElephantRider said:

bonfarr said:

Broaddus is saying that the Cowboys are in talks with one team, and it's likely a 5th.
Good...... get something for him. He's the very rare will mcclay bust.

I know this thread had knuckleheads on it during the preseason talking about keeping him and developing him. Taco got a few sacks / TFL against the lowly Texans before they saw how bad their offensive line was and made some trades. The guy has always been underwhelming for a 1st round pick tho honestly.
TMACsDaMan
I don't think it was Will McClay who led the Taco train. Jerry was on his spiel about needing "War Daddies" on the defensive line.
ac04
i believe the "knuckleheads" were advocating for not cutting him, which would be the correct move if they can return a 5th instead of receiving nothing of value.
ElephantRider
AG
Absolutely you take a 5th if you know you're not going to re-sign him anyways
jr15aggie
AG
A 5th would be great.
bonfarr
AG
Can they get a conditional pick with a 5th being the floor but could end up beng a 3rd or 4th depending on how many games he starts or the number of sacks he gets?

Panama Red
AG
AMERICA!

DannyDuberstein
AG
Wow. Beating those two national primetime matchups is pretty amazing.

America's Team.
PooDoo
AG
Speaking of special teams...

PooDoo
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

I don't think it was Will McClay who led the Taco train. Jerry was on his spiel about needing "War Daddies" on the defensive line.

Kinda sounds like he was a Garrett special during this call.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/secret-audio-taco-charlton-becomes-a-cowboy-431011
Grapesoda2525
ac04 said:

i believe the "knuckleheads" were advocating for not cutting him, which would be the correct move if they can return a 5th instead of receiving nothing of value.
I seem to recall a few people who not only wanted to keep him, but they wanted to play him too. We have better. He should rarely see the field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.