Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

323,463 Views | 2769 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stat Monitor Repairman
https://instagr.am/p/CrTaP46Igvx
Stat Monitor Repairman

It's 2023 and the richest man in the world has to explain why chemical and physical castration of minors is not a good idea.
will25u
Really interesting thread about the beginning of Musk/X after the takeover of Twitter from Walter Isaacson who is writing a biography on Elon Musk.

Here is the interview.

Stat Monitor Repairman

Update:

Sept 14th 2023 and Elon now being accused of treason.
Ags4DaWin
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Update:

The US is not at war against Russia.

His actions did not endanger Americans or American military members overseas. He did not break the law.

There is no treason here.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York also has sought information about transactions between Tesla and other entities connected to the billionaire, people familiar with the investigation said. Prosecutors have referenced the involvement of a grand jury.
As predicted, DOJ going after Elon over 'perks' related to a planned personal residence across from Austin gigafactory.

Again ... SDNY taking the lead on bringing party dissidents to justice.

Sounds super serious.
aggiehawg
AG
The US Attorney for the Southern District of New York has entirely too much power and extended reach.

Billions is supposed to be fiction but it is based on more than a kernel of truth. The person in that position is free to wield their office like a cudgel against their personal and who they consider their political enemies, too. And the federal judges within the jurisdiction are well aware of that fact.
samurai_science
https://www.theblaze.com/news/spacex-sues-us-government-says-doj-s-claims-of-anti-immigrant-hiring-practices-are-unconstitutional?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230919WarmupTrending-SpaceXSuit&utm_term=Warmup%20List%20Blaze%20Media%20Domain

SpaceX sues US government, says DOJ's claims of anti-immigrant hiring practices are unconstitutional
i is smart
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Update:

The US is not at war against Russia.

His actions did not endanger Americans or American military members overseas. He did not break the law.

There is no treason here.

Indeed, it would require a significant degree of naivety to even consider debating that. I suspect that certain politicians were aware they could provoke emotionally immature individuals into feeling outraged by this.
nai06
AG
I'm surprised no one is talking about his genius move to put all of Twitter behind a paywall. Charging all users a monthly fee can't possibly backfire.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2023/09/19/twitter-x-monthly-fee-elon-musk/70899164007/
fightingfarmer09
Americans love subscriptions.

Hell look at TexAgs.
panamamyers00
Fake news. Already debunked.
fullback44
AG
nai06 said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about his genius move to put all of Twitter behind a paywall. Charging all users a monthly fee can't possibly backfire.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2023/09/19/twitter-x-monthly-fee-elon-musk/70899164007/
deepfake news
Mr President Elect
AG
nai06 said:

Like what, talk about how dumb people are for still listening to the dumb media lies and running with it as the truth. Yeah, people are dumb, our media is just as dumb and corrupt; unfortunately it doesn't seem we can do much about it.
nai06
AG
Mr President Elect said:

nai06 said:

Like what, talk about how dumb people are for still listening to the dumb media lies and running with it as the truth. Yeah, people are dumb, our media is just as dumb and corrupt; unfortunately it doesn't seem we can do much about it.

Wait so you don't think Elon is considering putting Twitter behind paywall?
Mr President Elect
AG
Charpie
AG
Well that's good.

He can crack down on bots in other ways, but that takes money.
nai06
AG
You should listen to his comments. He's not talking about just Twitter blue. He's talking about charging monthly a fee to use the "X" system in order to combat bots. He later mentions the fee will be cheaper than the current premium subscription. It sounds like this will be in addition to prioritizing X premium posts.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Oopsy doosey. What a wild coincidence.
Ag with kids
AG
nai06 said:

You should listen to his comments. He's not talking about just Twitter blue. He's talking about charging monthly a fee to use the "X" system in order to combat bots. He later mentions the fee will be cheaper than the current premium subscription. It sounds like this will be in addition to prioritizing X premium posts.
I could see this having an impact if he charged a very small amount monthly - say $0.49/mo or something like that.

Its small enough that many users wouldn't care and would just sign up anyways. But, for someone running 10,000 bots, it's now $490/mo. Is that worth it?

In addition, if it was political organizations or PACs that were doing the posting with bots, they would HAVE TO disclose the monthly subscription as a campaign/political expense.

I can certainly see the downside because there WILL be number of people that will NOT pay the fee, though...
will25u
Ag with kids
AG
will25u said:

Quote:

By filing a suit in federal court, the SEC aims to force Elon Musk to answer questions about the Twitter deal for their investigation. The agency needs his testimony to determine if securities regulations were broken during the blockbuster acquisition.
So...it's a fishing expedition.

They don't know WHAT laws were broken let alone if ANY laws were broken.

This kind of stuff is bull*****
Ag In Ok
AG
He did overpay, maybe the price was illegally inflated…..
Stat Monitor Repairman
We seeing a faction of billionaires and influential people split off from the mainstream.

And now we seeing the response to that.

Anybody that doesn't toe the line, they get after 'em.

People like Elon, Tucker, Joe Rogan, and others have split off and upset the apple cart. Now they going after 'em as hard as they can.

It's a matter of time before they cook up something on Joe Rogan. He's been on a tear lately.

Rogan got the biggest show on the planet. People forget that.

I hope he got a full team assembled and ready to roll. I don't see how they don't come after him like they have Elon and others.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Hmmm yes. As expected.
BigRobSA
Ag with kids said:

will25u said:

Quote:

By filing a suit in federal court, the SEC aims to force Elon Musk to answer questions about the Twitter deal for their investigation. The agency needs his testimony to determine if securities regulations were broken during the blockbuster acquisition.

The deal had to be sanctioned by all sorts of alphabet agencies, including the SEC. Are they saying that they're inept?
BigRobSA
nai06 said:

Ok. And?

I support other African-Americans to do whatever is in their best interests.
Ag with kids
AG
BigRobSA said:

Ag with kids said:

will25u said:

Quote:

The deal had to be sanctioned by all sorts of alphabet agencies, including the SEC. Are they saying that they're inept?
Why, yes. Yes I am...
Dimebag Darrell

We seeing a faction of billionaires and influential people split off from the mainstream.

And now we seeing the response to that.

Anybody that doesn't toe the line, they get after 'em.

People like Elon, Tucker, Joe Rogan, and others have split off and upset the apple cart. Now they going after 'em as hard as they can.

It's a matter of time before they cook up something on Joe Rogan. He's been on a tear lately.

Rogan got the biggest show on the planet. People forget that.

I hope he got a full team assembled and ready to roll. I don't see how they don't come after him like they have Elon and others.

I honestly think Rogan is virtually un-cancelable, since he's he's not on an American-owned streaming platform (Thank God). They'll have to kill his ass....and that could backfire on them in a BIG BIG way.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ag with kids
AG
Elon needs to just shut the EU out of X.

**** em.

A few months of no X and their citizens will be bringing the pitchforks for the government.
Old McDonald
Ag with kids said:

**** em.

A few months of no X and their citizens will be bringing the pitchforks for the government.
wont happen, he needs all the revenue he can get to pay rent money to the saudis who bankrolled the acquisition
Ag with kids
AG
Old McDonald said:

Ag with kids said:

**** em.

wont happen, he needs all the revenue he can get to pay rent money to the saudis who bankrolled the acquisition
Hey...a man can dream, can't he?

But, I think he's not hurting for cash even WITH that deal with the saudis...
Stat Monitor Repairman
We about to see a massive battle break out over the next year w/ regard to X.

The lines have been drawn.

Meta thought they could grab market share with threads and that looks to have failed.

Rogan's deal with Spotify is expiring and I think we see him and others move to the free speech platform X.

Elon's vision of an 'everything app' seems to be well underway.

If we see some sort of major incident occur over the next year, X will somehow be looped in and uncensored speech will be blamed. Look for renewed calls to censor content.

This uncensored AI tool is gas on the fire.

It's about to get crazy out there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.