Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

326,801 Views | 2778 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by techno-ag
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
RED AG 98 said:

Wow. Preach it Brother Elon!

Wow, Elon is going after NBC over Ferguson fraud-- some of the greatest criminals of our recent time and major architects of the decline in race relations. They also edited the Trayvon tape.

Yesss. This is so needed.
will25u
TeeShirt Sip
You know 100s of Twitter employees did everything they could to clean up their internal documented biases.

I believe you can delete posts in Teams, but emails are archived usually.
fasthorse05
I'm sure you're correct. I've got to admit, it would be nice to go to a work place meditation room from time to time.

Honestly, it's always easier to see who's lying when one side is censoring speech, writing, and words. Those are the bad guys.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Elon is setting up a Biden impeachment. I'm calling it now.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
fka ftc
TeeShirt Sip said:

You know 100s of Twitter employees did everything they could to clean up their internal documented biases.

I believe you can delete posts in Teams, but emails are archived usually.
For all the ones that worked to scrub their comms and records on there, I PROMISE there were a few who did the opposite.

20 years ago I worked a bankruptcy post-mortem and randomly got put on a team to document a high-level, very complex billing process. Sat in a couple of meetings where they were trying to get at records that had been deleted.

One business unit CFO quietly admitted there was a copy available... on a CD buried in his yard. Couple of days later we had our data and it was never discussed again.

There are at least one or two smart kittens who likely recorded it all. Now, will that come out or will they cash in and keep quiet? Elon wants to burn it down so I think he may pay even more for that person to come out of the shadows.
nortex97
AG
wow. This is gonna be a big deal, imho. Daily mail take.

Quote:

Last March, DailyMail.com hired top cyber forensics experts at Maryman & Associates to examine the hard drive to determine its authenticity.
The firm's founder, Brad Maryman, was a 29-year veteran of the FBI, served as a Chief Information Security Officer and founded the bureau's cyber forensics unit. His partner, Dr. Joseph Greenfield, is an associate professor at the University of Southern California and helped write their degree program in intelligence and cyber operations.
After an extensive analysis of the hard drive, Greenfield and Maryman produced a report for DailyMail.com detailing their findings.
'The operating system timestamps appear to be authentic, and no evidence was found to suggest that the timestamps or data were altered or manufactured,' the report said.
'No indications were found that would suggest the data was manufactured.'
Since then, DailyMail.com has revealed a series of troubling stories based on the scandalous material from the laptop that go to the heart of the FBI's probe into Hunter's alleged dodged taxes, foreign lobbying and suspected money laundering.
Over the past 20 months we have published stories including:
But the stories were given few column inches by America's most venerable news organizations.
In March 2022, The New York Times published a story saying they had confirmed the authenticity of the laptop.
The Times has previously repeatedly referred to information from the laptop as 'purported', 'in question', and even called it 'unsubstantiated' in a September 2021 news story, then later quietly removed the word.
Our primary propaganda outlets are of course trash for the communists, but I am curious if this push back on that leads to a substantive change in Americans' truth:propaganda ratio for 'information consumption.'
sanangelo
AG
nai06 said:

File5 said:

Twitter has only made a profit in 2018 and 2019 in it's entire existence - why would Elon want to keep any of the people who were part of that? He's got room to change the business model and he's trying things out. In addition, many (most?) of us don't really care if he succeeds or not, we are just glad to see the Twitterati get their comeuppance.

Elon still has to run a company unless his goal is to shut it down. People that he actually needs for the company to function are leaving. I think he assumes that he can just replace them but at this point who is actually going to voluntarily go work at Twitter?

Oh and as of this morning he has suspended new Twitter Blue subscriptions. The option to subscribe has disappeared. Not sure how long that will last.

Look I would love for Twitter to survive. Despite it's many faults I think it's had a net positive effect. But if it's going to go down in flames, I can't imagine a more deserving (and funnier) person to be left holding the $44 billion bag than Elon Musk.
How many companies has government sloth Robert Reich built? He's and expert on spending OPM, not making anything sustainable. But on Twitter he gets to say his piece anyway.

San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Reich is a special needs type of stupid.
Premium
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Reich is a special needs type of stupid.

They don't disagree entirely. But Elon destroyed what he bought because it was rotten. He is going to build it back up with the people who make his company 10x better than before.
TexAgs91
AG
will25u said:

Wow... thank you Elon!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
sanangelo said:

nai06 said:

File5 said:

Twitter has only made a profit in 2018 and 2019 in it's entire existence - why would Elon want to keep any of the people who were part of that? He's got room to change the business model and he's trying things out. In addition, many (most?) of us don't really care if he succeeds or not, we are just glad to see the Twitterati get their comeuppance.

Elon still has to run a company unless his goal is to shut it down. People that he actually needs for the company to function are leaving. I think he assumes that he can just replace them but at this point who is actually going to voluntarily go work at Twitter?

Oh and as of this morning he has suspended new Twitter Blue subscriptions. The option to subscribe has disappeared. Not sure how long that will last.

Look I would love for Twitter to survive. Despite it's many faults I think it's had a net positive effect. But if it's going to go down in flames, I can't imagine a more deserving (and funnier) person to be left holding the $44 billion bag than Elon Musk.
How many companies has government sloth Robert Reich built? He's and expert on spending OPM, not making anything sustainable. But on Twitter he gets to say his piece anyway.

I love that Elon is waging all these battles while wearing a mid-evil samurai costume in his Twitter photo
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
nai06 said:

Rossticus said:

Soooo… how long before Twitter self immolates?

Over/under.

I'll guess sometime between 10am Sunday and 10am Monday is when the first major outage will occur.

The World Cup starts this weekend.
I don't do Twitter. Did this prediction come true?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

sanangelo said:

nai06 said:

File5 said:

I love that Elon is waging all these battles while wearing a mid-evil samurai costume in his Twitter photo

Mid-Evil????
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

sanangelo said:

nai06 said:

File5 said:

Mid-Evil????
Cut & pasted from an article. Actually the costume is this:
Devil's ChampionLeather Armor Set

Which is even better
Fight! Fight! Fight!
aggiehawg
AG
From October 30th.

So which ones were creating value, Reich?
aggiehawg
AG
nai06
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

nai06 said:

Rossticus said:

Over/under.

I'll guess sometime between 10am Sunday and 10am Monday is when the first major outage will occur.

Nope. There have been outages but nothing widespread so far.
Ag with kids
AG
nai06 said:

nai06 said:

Rossticus said:

Over/under.

Maybe the richest man on earth knows a little more about Twitter than you...

Who woulda thunk it???
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

nai06 said:

Rossticus said:

Over/under.

That's weird. It's almost like Elon knows more than a high school teacher.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

nai06 said:

nai06 said:

Rossticus said:

Over/under.

That's weird. It's almost like Elon knows more than a high school teacher.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
. . .
aggie93
AG
Musk is the worst nightmare for the Left. He's got virtually unlimited money and access to more. He's insanely smart. He doesn't really care about personal wealth or possessions and he is willing to take risks.

The app store thing is brilliant. Apple and Google may want to bully him but they also know a Musk backed phone would likely succeed and take significant market share from them. He is literally one of a handful of people that can actually threaten them where it hurts, you do not ever want Musk as a competitor if you can avoid it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Agreed, but that worries me what they will do to stop him.

sanangelo
AG
This list of advertisers who stopped advertising on Twitter after Musk took over. The (*) indicates the company issued a statement about concerns about Musk's management of the social media company:

(Source: Media Matters)

• Abbott Laboratories
  • Allstate Corporation
  • AMC Networks
  • American Express Company
  • AT&T
  • Big Heart Petcare
  • BlackRock, Inc.
  • BlueTriton Brands, Inc.
  • Boston Beer Company
  • CA Lottery (California State Lottery)
  • CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies, Inc.)
  • Chanel
  • Chevrolet*
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.*
  • Citigroup, Inc.
  • CNN
  • Dell
  • Diageo
  • DirecTV
  • Discover Financial Services
  • Fidelity
  • First National Realty Partners
  • Ford*
  • Heineken N.V.
  • Hewlett-Packard (HP)
  • Hilton Worldwide
  • Inspire Brands, Inc.
  • Jeep*
  • Kellogg Company
  • Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
  • Kyndryl*
  • LinkedIn Corporation
  • MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group)
  • Marriott International, Inc.
  • Mars Petcare
  • Mars, Incorporated
  • Merck & Co. (Merck Sharp & Dohme MSD)*
  • Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly Facebook, Inc.)
  • MoneyWise (Wise Publishing, Inc.)
  • Nestle
  • Novartis AG*
  • Pernod Ricard
  • PlayPass
  • The Coca-Cola Company
  • The Kraft Heinz Company
  • Tire Rack
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whole Foods Market IP
  • Yum! Brands

• San Angelo LIVE!
    https://sanangelolive.com/
    PlaneCrashGuy
    AG
    sanangelo said:

This list of advertisers who stopped advertising on Twitter after Musk took over. The (*) indicates the company issued a statement about concerns about Musk's management of the social media company:

(Source: Media Matters)

• Abbott Laboratories
  • Allstate Corporation
  • AMC Networks
  • American Express Company
  • AT&T
  • Big Heart Petcare
  • BlackRock, Inc.
  • BlueTriton Brands, Inc.
  • Boston Beer Company
  • CA Lottery (California State Lottery)
  • CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies, Inc.)
  • Chanel
  • Chevrolet*
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.*
  • Citigroup, Inc.
  • CNN
  • Dell
  • Diageo
  • DirecTV
  • Discover Financial Services
  • Fidelity
  • First National Realty Partners
  • Ford*
  • Heineken N.V.
  • Hewlett-Packard (HP)
  • Hilton Worldwide
  • Inspire Brands, Inc.
  • Jeep*
  • Kellogg Company
  • Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
  • Kyndryl*
  • LinkedIn Corporation
  • MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group)
  • Marriott International, Inc.
  • Mars Petcare
  • Mars, Incorporated
  • Merck & Co. (Merck Sharp & Dohme MSD)*
  • Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly Facebook, Inc.)
  • MoneyWise (Wise Publishing, Inc.)
  • Nestle
  • Novartis AG*
  • Pernod Ricard
  • PlayPass
  • The Coca-Cola Company
  • The Kraft Heinz Company
  • Tire Rack
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whole Foods Market IP
  • Yum! Brands

• I'd be shocked if the majority of these are not already spending money with Twitter again. In the link I posted earlier in this thread, the host explained that its very common for companies to announce they are cutting ties just to cash in on the PR, but then resume normal within a couple weeks.

. . .
    . . .
    Mr President Elect
    AG
    This might get quite interesting

Sea Speed
    AG
    What is the pay 30% in reference to?
    Mr Mojo Risin
    AG
    Sea Speed said:

What is the pay 30% in reference to?
    Not sure, but glad the Tesla's are starting to have a nicer body design.
    America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
    . . .
    jjtrcka22
    jjtrcka22
    Nice. Beat me to it.
    Sea Speed
    AG
    What does Apple use to gauge the income? Twitter is free so what do they charge 30% on?

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.