Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

295,117 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TexAgs91
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Dorsey owned more than 18 million shares in Twitter, valued at about $1 billion. He could have cashed those shares out at $54.20 a piece when Musk took the company private, instead, he will end up saving Musk about $1 billion in his purchase price by rolling those shares over.
Musk, then Saudi holdings (16%) and then Dorsey is next in share ownership. Dorsey and the Saudis combined still cannot outvote Musk.
VegasAg86
AG
EKUAg said:

Saved a 9 figure tax bill.
BAP Enthusiast
Demosthenes81 said:

So bad it is funny

The trail of Twitter Tears.
will25u
YouBet
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Dorsey owned more than 18 million shares in Twitter, valued at about $1 billion. He could have cashed those shares out at $54.20 a piece when Musk took the company private, instead, he will end up saving Musk about $1 billion in his purchase price by rolling those shares over.
Musk, then Saudi holdings (16%) and then Dorsey is next in share ownership. Dorsey and the Saudis combined still cannot outvote Musk.

Dorsey was semi-red pilled towards the end of his time there. He openly criticized the BoD and the company's direction.
Premium
AG
Wish government officials conducting political witch hunts could be counter sued or investigated and charged with a crime.
fullback44
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Based on my calcs and the Dorsey article above the Saudi Prince owns $1.9 billion in shares .. or 4 % Dorsey $1 billion or almost 2 % and Elon $44 billion or 94 %
titan
S
will25u said:

Banana Republic. We are it. Maybe Nov 8th will change it a bit.
will25u
Seems at first glance like quite a few partisans on that list.

TRADUCTOR
Hate fueled violence sounds like BLM.
Showertime at the Bidens

This is on par with elon's earlier statements. He said the content moderation policy will be made public so everyone knows the rules. I'm okay with this but how will that board ever come to a consensus on Jordan Peterson or James Lindsey? I foresee this just like when Trump tried to bring in advisors when he first took office. They got so much pressure they had to resign. Good luck.

The real change will come from removing the bias and manipulation of trending topics, shadow banning, and the outright suspensions and platforming of any conservative that starts to become popular. Will finally have a fair fight.

fasthorse05
It didn't dawn on me until right now, but due to Musk's ownership of Twitter, it's highly likely the Dems will start pushing either reform of section 230, or outright repeal.

I'd be shocked if it's repeal, because they still have massive interaction and control of all of the other big social media ops, but they'll start mouthing off before long.
akm91
AG
nortex97 said:

My only concern about this is that unemployment rates are much lower/job prospects better for tech workers in red states like Texas now, vs. San Fran/communist states. We also have lower hateful hammer attack rates.
A lot of tech work is not remote so no need for libs to physically move to Texas.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
titan
S
fasthorse05 said:

It didn't dawn on me until right now, but due to Musk's ownership of Twitter, it's highly likely the Dems will start pushing either reform of section 230, or outright repeal.

I'd be shocked if it's repeal, because they still have massive interaction and control of all of the other big social media ops, but they'll start mouthing off before long.
Might be worth it.

Why? Thing is, as so many like Rush and Prager point out, Left ideas need suppression, censorship, and use of imposition by courts and various other means of legislative force to win. They do not win when fairly reviewed and depending on an honest majority informed because so harmful and regressive and the rulers immune to the impact as well, adding insult to injury.

What does this add up to? It means that if the Democrats really did undermine all big media it would work to the Right's advantage. Sensible ideas and common sense do not need propaganda and lies to prevail -- just being allowed to come forth is enough. So it would almost be worth it.
Irish 2.0
fasthorse05 said:

I'd call this an absolute win then. It isn't just the libs that want major changes to Section 230. It would stop the major offenders from censoring content or face litigation. The platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, etc.) would truly be platforms. If they censored content, they are publishers.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Based on my calcs and the Dorsey article above the Saudi Prince owns $1.9 billion in shares .. or 4 % Dorsey $1 billion or almost 2 % and Elon $44 billion or 94 %
You might be correct. I was working off the 16% figure for the Saudi holdings in an article. It did not mention the total amount of outstanding shares in Musk's new entity.

Thanks for the clarification.
will25u
Irish 2.0
will25u said:

Learn to co…..wait….learn to plumb!!
will25u
will25u
Premium
AG
will25u said:

Literal laugh cry, "$8"
akm91
AG
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Harry Stone
AG
will25u said:

AgResearch
AG
Need an $8 bill image with Elon's face on it.

Make it so and tweet that **** to him. Someone will become a legend.

EDIT:

It's a hot mess but...

ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
I'd say that's an $8 photoshop job so just about right
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Showertime at the Bidens
Irish 2.0 said:

will25u said:

Learn to co…..wait….learn to plumb!!

I wonder what the average salary is. Even if it's $150,000, yearly savings would be over half a billion.

Of course the top execs probably totaled that in compensation.
aggiedata
AG
Touchless
AG
AgResearch said:

Need an $8 bill image with Elon's face on it.

Make it so and tweet that **** to him. Someone will become a legend.

EDIT:

It's a hot mess but...

Replace "Washington" under his head with "Chief Twit" and then update "Washington D.C." to Silicon Valley or Muskville, CA or something more clever than that.
richardag
YouBet said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Dorsey was semi-red pilled towards the end of his time there. He openly criticized the BoD and the company's direction.
Was he criticizing the BoD for fraudulent data and statements about bots, possibly opening up legal prosecution? Or did he also begin understanding the hateful biased political direction the corporation?

Could be both or just the threat of legal ramifications jeopardizing his investment, I honestly don't know.

edit for clarity
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
YouBet
AG
richardag said:

YouBet said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Was he criticizing the BoD for fraudulent data and statements about bots, possibly opening up legal prosecution? Or did. also begin understanding the hateful biased political direction the corporation?

Could be both or just the threat of legal ramifications jeopardizing his investment, I honestly don't know.

I just recall him saying that the BoD was responsible for Twitters lack of direction and/or stagnation.
richardag
YouBet
Thanks for the response
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Adverse Event
fullback44
AG
Adverse Event said:

ok for a non twitter person, what does this mean? just curious.. I have no clue
Irish 2.0
fullback44 said:

Adverse Event said:

ok for a non twitter person, what does this mean? just curious.. I have no clue
They're being a smartass and taking jabs at stupid things that Twitter code writers should've had resolved 5 years ago.
fullback44

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.