Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

293,258 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TexAgs91
AGHouston11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titan said:

will25u said:

Throwback Thursday.

Its great that propaganda network worthu of the `Promi' is all being dismantled.

Wow - these nut jobs would have never purposely suppressed information on the Biden's to win an election and even banned KM the WH press Secretary for posting a story on Washington Post!

Just imagine Facebook YouTube Google etc! These are the idiots running things!

TRADUCTOR
War with the Tech Titans and control of our life - social credit- and we got us the 1st win of the war we been losing. A mercenary with the win for us....maybe.
johnnyblaze36
AG
PhatMack19
AG
Twitter is wild tonight

LMCane
C@LAg said:

after the election please. he will **** everything up over the next two weeks.
you just know Trump will butt in to try to lower the GOP victories all over the country
LMCane
C@LAg said:

texagbeliever said:

you sound concerned. Trump without the bots will surprise people.
no. i just want him to to disappear into the void and never be heard from again, so those of us in this country who want a real leader and for this country to move forward, can rally around a real leader - DeSantis.
can I be your best friend?
Premium
AG
DeSantis is Trump 2.0

For those saying he doesn't owe his political career to Trump are disingenuous at best.

Literally down to the mannerisms and how he speaks is Trump. He also copies his policy and attacks.

If Trump wasn't there you wouldn't have a DeSantis.

Desantis is great, he can do even better than Trump, potentially, but Trump has paved the way.
Old Sarge
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Twitter is wild tonight

I don't Twitter.

If this keeps up I'd think about it.

Nah, just watch the fallout and say "Go ELON"
"Green" is the new RED.
C@LAg
Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

For those saying he doesn't owe his political career to Trump are disingenuous at best.

Literally down to the mannerisms and how he speaks is Trump. He also copies his policy and attacks.

Desantis is great, he can do even better than Trump, potentially, but Trump has paved the way.
then to use your interpretation, let's pave over the soon to be 80-year-old-blowhard with his better 2.0 version.
Finn
AG
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

Trump has broken you.
BigRobSA
Funky Winkerbean said:

Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

Trump has broken you.

Um....what? Did you reply to someone else but quoted the wrong person?
aTmAg
AG
Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

Terrible take and laughably false.

First of all, his mannerisms are nothing like Trump. Unless you call being smashmouth with the press a "mannerism". And he's far better at that than Trump. Trump simply calls them "fake news"while Desantis uses facts to show the media to be wrong, biased, and whatnot.

Secondly, he was an up and coming political star while Trump was still a reality show host. He was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus. He was going after Obama's swamp agencies way back then.

If anything, Trump has hampered DeSantis's career. DeSantis would be the clear presidential favorite in 2024 if Trump doesn't run.

You simply couldn't be more wrong.
YouBet
AG
How long before Silicon Valley has an alternate platform up and running for the left to migrate to?

I'm going with a few weeks max. I suspect work started on it weeks ago.
coolerguy12
AG
titan said:

texagbeliever said:

May very well. We may learn much of TDS is manufactured. However, it is correct that given the trends its best he not wade into this final run in to the midterms. It seems to be a case of "not broken, so don't fix it" or change any of the tone. Right now the economic and crime disasters inflicted by the Democrats are front and center, and need to stay that way.

TDS is alive and well. Just look at c@l and LMcane for confirmation.

And this is coming from someone who would vote Desantis in a primary against Trump. But if Trump is the nominee I'll grab my MAGA hat off the dashboard of my truck and get right back to triggering liberals and CMs
will25u
will25u
rgag12
AG
YouBet said:

How long before Silicon Valley has an alternate platform up and running for the left to migrate to?

Sure, but similar to how all conservative attempts to make an alternate platform have failed, the new liberal social media sites will hardly make a dent because people will want to post things in the place that will be seen by the most people. Outside of hardcore leftists acolytes, nobody is going to switch posting to a new platform, much less browse it.
YouBet
AG
rgag12 said:

YouBet said:

Sure, but similar to how all conservative attempts to make an alternate platform have failed, the new liberal social media sites will hardly make a dent because people will want to post things in the place that will be seen by the most people. Outside of hardcore leftists acolytes, nobody is going to switch posting to a new platform, much less browse it.

Probably but it will be fun to see it fail, regardless.

Wild card will be government overreach and shutting down Musk.
TexAgs91
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

A Musk Twitter payment app to replace that PayPal nonsense.

Coming full circle. I like that
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
txislandag86
Ag83 said:

Reminds me of this great pic of Obama staff watching Trump speak after '16 election.

Agthatbuilds
YouBet said:

rgag12 said:

YouBet said:

They already have something:

Tribe social

akm91
AG
YouBet said:

That'll turn out as well as the Coffee Party
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
LMCane
Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

no one would disagree that Trump was important in the MAGA movement.

but if we want to save the Republic in 2024, it's time for the next generation of leadership.
YouBet
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

YouBet said:

rgag12 said:

YouBet said:

They already have something:

Tribe social

Appropriate name since they are trying to replace western civics with tribal culture.
LMCane
aTmAg said:

Premium said:

DeSantis is Trump 2.0

Terrible take and laughably false.

First of all, his mannerisms are nothing like Trump. Unless you call being smashmouth with the press a "mannerism". And he's far better at that than Trump. Trump simply calls them "fake news"while Desantis uses facts to show the media to be wrong, biased, and whatnot.

Secondly, he was an up and coming political star while Trump was still a reality show host. He was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus. He was going after Obama's swamp agencies way back then.

If anything, Trump has hampered DeSantis's career. DeSantis would be the clear presidential favorite in 2024 if Trump doesn't run.

You simply couldn't be more wrong.
1000% - great post.
Layne Staley
AG
agree. Premium couldn't be more wrong and it was probably intentionally wrong.
TexAgs91
AG
C@LAg said:

texagbeliever said:

Yes I am concerned.

I am concerned Trump will **** up everything that we have going into the mid-terms.
Get a dog
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
TexAgs91
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
LMCane
Get out!!

TexAgs91
AG
txislandag86 said:

Ag83 said:

Reminds me of this great pic of Obama staff watching Trump speak after '16 election.

Yup, except there's no term limit for Musk
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
aTm2004
AG
titan
S
coolerguy12 said:

titan said:

texagbeliever said:

May very well. We may learn much of TDS is manufactured. However, it is correct that given the trends its best he not wade into this final run in to the midterms. It seems to be a case of "not broken, so don't fix it" or change any of the tone. Right now the economic and crime disasters inflicted by the Democrats are front and center, and need to stay that way.

TDS is alive and well. Just look at c@l and LMcane for confirmation.

And this is coming from someone who would vote Desantis in a primary against Trump. But if Trump is the nominee I'll grab my MAGA hat off the dashboard of my truck and get right back to triggering liberals and CMs
No argument. You have to look far to find one wouldn't vote for against a Woke Democrat. Even some Mideast leaders.

I am referring to the period between now Oct 28 and Nov 9th.

Clown Baby
This is great. F*** every single one of these people, they don't deserve a scintilla of sympathy. Maybe don't institute a censorship regime. **** around and find out, I suppose.

Have fun tiktok'ing your way all the way to the unemployment line, losers.
aggiehawg
AG
What I don't understand is the whole "firehose" of data Twiiter supposedly gave Musk throughout the process, yet Elon still needs his guys to review even more code? What kind of game was Twitter playing there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.