Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

293,134 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TexAgs91
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We fixed the keg
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

This tells me somewhere behind the scenes, the Swamp has figured out a way to continue to control the TWTR agenda. It may be through something like what the EU is doing with social media regulation. It also might have something to do with the electric vehicle market regulation as well.

They will not let this mega podium for their propaganda be taken away easily.
The timing isn't coincidence, nor is the list of characters backing the EU move and being vocal about "controlling disinformation"

It is imperative for these folks to squash any open exchange of ideas.
YouBet
AG
nortex97 said:

I think they will announce a deal today/tomorrow, but the legal review/process etc. will take over a month.

The operative question then becomes when the board changes, and when the management team does from there. My swag is that is a 90-180 day process, though I am guessing Elon could become a board member in the next few weeks. Curious as to what others have to say.
Well, based on his plans he will be the only board member soon enough.
Sid Farkas
AG
YouBet said:

nortex97 said:

I think they will announce a deal today/tomorrow, but the legal review/process etc. will take over a month.

The operative question then becomes when the board changes, and when the management team does from there. My swag is that is a 90-180 day process, though I am guessing Elon could become a board member in the next few weeks. Curious as to what others have to say.
Well, based on his plans he will be the only board member soon enough.

I believe the financial firm backing him up will want seats commensurate with their investment
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Waffledynamics said:

ChemEAg08 said:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-twitter-set-accept-musks-best-final-offer-sources-2022-04-25/

Twitter set to accept Musks offer.
It ain't over until the ink is on the paper.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Dan Scott
AG
Truth Social is essentially worthless now. Liberals should be celebrating at Trumps failure
aggiedata
AG
Bubblez
Changing the culture of a company is easier said than done.
BMX Bandit
Dan Scott said:

Truth Social is essentially worthless now. Liberals should be celebrating at Trumps failure
"now"?
TheEternalPessimist
aggiedata said:

Absolutely brilliant post.

We need a place where ALL ideologies, including those on the extremes or on the outside, can have open and free discussion. If you don't like the discussion, you are free to move on or block others personally.

I want leftists who are willing to engage in discussion to REMAIN. But those who demand censorship as a condition of remaining at Twitter...... they are incapable of engaging in good faith and are totalitarians. Let them cancel themselves from the forum of ideas.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
HalifaxAg
AG
Bubblez said:

80-10-10 rule applies

Cull the 10% that are militantly liberal and the middle 80% will toe the line because faced with real consequences they will realize they need their cush job.
Sid Farkas
AG
Bubblez said:

Twitter ain't rocket science. Room full of junior developers, a few managers & execs…plus sales and marketing….Tesla and spacex on the other hand are real companies facing complex issues trying to make complex tangible products.

I'll bet there is layer upon layer of typical Silicon Valley largess to cut out at twitter…not to mention useless woke VPs out the ying-yang.
YouBet
AG
Bubblez said:

Absolutely true but this is also a unique situation where you will see some bad actors (leftists) voluntarily leave. He will purge the non-functioning, non-committed, and useless BoD and replace management with people who aren't Democrat agents. The head of the poisoned snake that is their culture will be lopped off almost immediately. It's rare that companies have the opportunity to really reboot like this.

I bet he will attract many people who would love to work for a reinvigorated company that is owned by real life Tony Stark who is openly campaigning for actual free speech and exchange of ideas that aren't governed by one side of the pollical aisle.
Sid Farkas
AG
Over/Under on how long it takes the (inevitably) coordinated network of woke moles left behind to come out as whistleblowers?

How long before the leftist bureaucrats at the federal alphabet agencies start investigating not just twitter but Tesla and spacex etc?
YouBet
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Over/Under on how long it takes the (inevitably) coordinated network of woke moles left behind to come out as whistleblowers?

How long before the leftist bureaucrats at the federal alphabet agencies start investigating not just twitter but Tesla and spacex etc?
That was already announced last week.
BMX Bandit
YouBet said:

Sid Farkas said:

announced by whom? someone on twitter?

I have not seen any news of an actual investigation. have you?
FrioAg 00
AG
The societal impact of Twitter may be gigantic, but the company itself is quite small. Total employees is on 7,500

That makes culture change a whole lot faster
YouBet
AG
BMX Bandit said:

YouBet said:

Sid Farkas said:

announced by whom? someone on twitter?

I have not seen any news of an actual investigation. have you?
It was in the news? Am I dreaming that?
Ag87H2O
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

aggiedata said:

We need a place where ALL ideologies, including those on the extremes or on the outside, can have open and free discussion. If you don't like the discussion, you are free to move on or block others personally.

I want leftists who are willing to engage in discussion to REMAIN. But those who demand censorship as a condition of remaining at Twitter...... they are incapable of engaging in good faith and are totalitarians. Let them cancel themselves from the forum of ideas.
I do hope he keeps good on his promise and gets rid of all the bots.
BMX Bandit
it could have been, I never saw it. just people posting tweets from random people claiming it was so
Rockdoc
AG
Dan Scott said:

Trumps failure? Your posts never disappoint.
YouBet
AG
BMX Bandit said:

it could have been, I never saw it. just people posting tweets from random people claiming it was so
Maybe I misinterpreted what I saw.
Sid Farkas
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Dan Scott said:

"now"?

Truth Social has a huge head start on proper vetting of individuals for social media. Musk has said he wants to do the same. Hell, maybe he can buy truth social for whatever value it has left, import the user base and adopt the process.
Rockdoc
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Charlie Gasperino of Fox reported it on tv.
YouBet
AG
Sid Farkas said:

BMX Bandit said:

Dan Scott said:

"now"?

Truth Social has a huge head start on proper vetting of individuals for social media. Musk has said he wants to do the same. Hell, maybe he can buy truth social for whatever value it has left, import the user base and adopt the process.
I jokingly said this earlier. I wonder if they may actually do that later on.
BMX Bandit
believe that is who people were posting the tweet from. thanks.

Rockdoc
AG
BMX Bandit said:

believe that is who people were posting the tweet from. thanks.

Charlie is a decent economics reporter. Don't know where he got the info. Never known him to fabricate.
Prosperdick
AG

aggiedata said:

I'm old enough to remember when Democrats would say "I might disagree with every word you say but I'll fight to the death your right to say it."

Now it's "I might disagree with every word you say and I'll label it as disinformation, get you banned and removed and use shadow ban and other measures to ensure nobody ever hears or reads any words you say or write."
WHOOP!'91
AG
Prosperdick said:

aggiedata said:

I'm old enough to remember when Democrats would say "I might disagree with every word you say but I'll fight to the death your right to say it."

Now it's "I might disagree with every word you say and I'll label it as disinformation, get you banned and removed and use shadow ban and other measures to ensure nobody ever hears or reads any words you say or write."
...and try to ruin your f-ing life if I can. Complain to your company and try to get your fired, etc. Despicable excuses for human beings.
Agthatbuilds
MouthBQ98
AG
YouBet said:

Sid Farkas said:

I hope the alphabet bureacracy leadeship is ready to deal with endless investigations of their activities starting Nov 2022.
sharpdressedman
The swamp has the means to derail the deal via alphabet agencies' efforts to slow the process long enough to kill the deal. Wait for it.

From the NY Post this morning:

"The company's board is reportedly seeking information about ongoing regulatory investigations into Musk, including by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Investors have accused Musk of costing them billions by tweeting that he had secured funds to take Tesla private at $420 a share. The tweet prompted a class action lawsuit against Musk as well as an ongoing legal battle with the SEC. The trial is expected to begin in January 2023.

The SEC is also investigating whether Musk violated rules by not disclosing that he had purchased shares of Twitter while amassing his 9.2% stake earlier this month.

Twitter is also looking into whether regulators in any of the major markets it operates would object to Musk owning the company, Reuters is reporting."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/twitter-set-to-accept-elon-musks-43-billion-offer-report/

The wisdom of Yogi Berra comes to mind.
BMX Bandit
whats odd is that even though he tweeted tesla was being investigated, Gasparino goes on Cavuto and just talks about gov't looking at Musk's twitter purchase announcement and not filing right form, which Gasparino got from Musk attorneys. no surprise there. Gasparino even thinks Musk may have filed the wrong from, but thats really a nothing case.

i have not seen Gasparino say anything other than that tweet about tesla being investigated. and certainly not any announcement of an investigation into tesla like more than one poster thinks occurred.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6303844565001#sp=show-clips
YouBet
AG
sharpdressedman said:

The swamp has the means to derail the deal via alphabet agencies' efforts to slow the process long enough to kill the deal. Wait for it.

From the NY Post this morning:

"The company's board is reportedly seeking information about ongoing regulatory investigations into Musk, including by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Investors have accused Musk of costing them billions by tweeting that he had secured funds to take Tesla private at $420 a share. The tweet prompted a class action lawsuit against Musk as well as an ongoing legal battle with the SEC. The trial is expected to begin in January 2023.

The SEC is also investigating whether Musk violated rules by not disclosing that he had purchased shares of Twitter while amassing his 9.2% stake earlier this month.

Twitter is also looking into whether regulators in any of the major markets it operates would object to Musk owning the company, Reuters is reporting."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/twitter-set-to-accept-elon-musks-43-billion-offer-report/

The wisdom of Yogi Berra comes to mind.

This is what I was thinking of....
crowman2010
AG
What's the o/u on the amount of time it will take for google chrome to block access to twitter.com?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.