Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

293,121 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TexAgs91
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Showertime at the Bidens
aggie93 said:

Albatross Necklace said:

Why would someone buy Twitter?

It's free on the App Store
Lots of ways to make money that don't involve selling the app, the key is having the users and activity then it is just a matter of finding creative ways to make money from having a massive audience.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, Etc are not social media companies. They're data collection companies. It takes surprisingly few people to actually keep the platform running. All of those big buildings and people work in data mining and selling.
thirdcoast
AG
If twtr fends off Elon, I hope he moves to takeover Truth social.
YouBet
AG
Pinche Guero said:

Hostile takeover, figured this was coming when he turned down the board seat. If he offered 25% over market value, doesn't the board have an obligation to its shareholders to seriously consider it.

They are. Reviewing it with Goldman Sachs.
Albatross Necklace
aggie93 said:

Albatross Necklace said:

Why would someone buy Twitter?

It's free on the App Store
Lots of ways to make money that don't involve selling the app, the key is having the users and activity then it is just a matter of finding creative ways to make money from having a massive audience.

Ag87H2O
AG
nortex97 said:

Marcus Brutus said:

I thought Elon was going to be arrested for not disclosing his 5% purchase?
LOL, that was a funny argument.
Yeah, those shareholders that were threatening a lawsuit don't have much to complain about today.
rgag12
AG
If the board rejects Elon's offer, is Elon going to begin actively targeting individual shareholders in a hostile takeover attempt?
Proc92
I hope he deletes all bot accounts.
TxTarpon
The sheet be funny!
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
TxTarpon

Their newest board member.....
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
rgag12
AG
Also, how many "days of rest" are going to be needed after this latest offer from Elon? Twitter gave its employees 1 "day of rest" after Elon bought 10%. I guess now they are going to need 9 "days of rest"?
Ciboag96
If he does buy it, I predict a mass exodus of liberal fruitcakes to another platform, including all of the media outlets, Hollywood celebrities, corrupt politicians, etc. satantalk.com or whatever
Albatross Necklace
TexAgs91
AG
Pinche Guero said:

Hostile takeover, figured this was coming when he turned down the board seat. If he offered 25% over market value, doesn't the board have an obligation to its shareholders to seriously consider it.
You mean they must pause for a second and say "Hmmmm" before saying no?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
sleepybeagle
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Free speech is the worst enemy of the Democrat party.
The bill of rights was put in place to impower individuals and NOT the government.
Marcus Brutus
Ciboag96 said:

If he does buy it, I predict a mass exodus of liberal fruitcakes to another platform, including all of the media outlets, Hollywood celebrities, corrupt politicians, etc. satantalk.com or whatever

That's what conservatives tried to do and it failed. I honestly don't see it happening. We shall see.
GeorgiAg
AG

What is a network swarm?
Get Off My Lawn
There would've been so much beauty in him announcing this in a tweet...
will25u
RAB91
Rockdoc
AG
will25u said:

Yep the dems will fight this to the death.
GeorgiAg
AG
More content moderation??????

aggieforester05
AG
sleepybeagle said:

aggieforester05 said:

Free speech is the worst enemy of the Democrat party.
The bill of rights was put in place to impower individuals and NOT the government.

Which is why the Democrat party wants to restrict those rights. Their opportunities for empowerment are severely limited when the populace is educated on the true outcomes of their policy positions.
will25u
will25u
carl spacklers hat
Albatross Necklace said:

This
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
texagbeliever
will25u said:

Please do this!! Please let this bid fail.

Reasons:
1. Musk is very well liked by "moderates" and is respected by non rabid liberals. Aligning against this guy is not a good idea.
2. ESG becomes exposed to a court ruling. This would be a monumental case.
GeorgiAg
AG
Interesting take to think about. Neuralink is Elon trying to connect the human brain to cyberspace. Interesting to think about if we could somehow be connected to a platform like twitter.

Aggie95
AG
taken from elsewhere but very true...

"If Elon takes over Twitter, I will cancel my account" is the new "I am moving to Canada if Trump is elected"
bthotugigem05
AG
80% of Twitter shareholders are institutional. They'd be stupid to reject this offer because the stock would absolutely tank if they do.
Hungry Ojos
bthotugigem05 said:

80% of Twitter shareholders are institutional. They'd be stupid to reject this offer because the stock would absolutely tank if they do.

That's why he made the offer. He has no serious expectation that they are going to accept or even consider his offer.
rgag12
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Interesting take to think about. Neuralink is Elon trying to connect the human brain to cyberspace. Interesting to think about if we could somehow be connected to a platform like twitter.

So my brain would play endless loops of GIFs?
GeorgiAg
AG
all cat videos, all the time.
TexAgs91
AG
If Elon takes over twitter, it will be the only way we will be able to embed a moderate social media platform on our TexAgs posts
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
GeorgiAg
AG
actually, it will just be Trump tweeting mean things into everyone's brains.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.