Wandavision Discussion Thread

191,732 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
veryfuller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
I love the internet.
Saxsoon
AG
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Perfect.
Gigem314
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Duncan Idaho
Gigem314 said:

YNWA_AG said:

Would have age appropriate relationship with her
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I've looked but can't find a screencap of her naughty pants.
Sex Panther
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

I've looked but can't find a screencap of her naughty pants.

All Along
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
this is why I like you.
Saxsoon
AG
Was listening to the /Film podcast review of Wandavision. They had a guest from Variety Fair who interviewed Feige and how he came home from Robocop 2 and pulled out his action figures and made a BETTER RC2 in his head.

She mentioned that is very similar to how he is handling the MCU. I can make a better Spiderman. I can fix my own mistakes like making Age of Ultron better with Wandavision or make Thor the Dark World better in Endgame. It isn't an ego thing, just how he is. I thought it was really fascinating.
YouBet
AG
Saxsoon said:

Was listening to the /Film podcast review of Wandavision. They had a guest from Variety Fair who interviewed Feige and how he came home from Robocop 2 and pulled out his action figures and made a BETTER RC2 in his head.

She mentioned that is very similar to how he is handling the MCU. I can make a better Spiderman. I can fix my own mistakes like making Age of Ultron better with Wandavision or make Thor the Dark World better in Endgame. It isn't an ego thing, just how he is. I thought it was really fascinating.
rhutton125
AG
Maybe making some of these comics better too.
amercer
AG
Disney is doing the same thing with the Mandolorian. They are using it to rehabilitate the last trilogy. It's not a bad strategy although eventually you need fresh ideas.

Marvel has way way less to fix though.
fig96
AG
CoachRTM
AG
We love Ryan George's stuff. He's a YouTube regular in our household.
MASAXET
AG
fig96 said:

"... I'm gonna make you pay for that ..."
redline248
AG
That'll teach people to theorize.
degreedy
AG
was browsing the internet earlier and saw a comment from the WandaVision director about fans disappointment with Evan Peter's/Fake Pietro's true identity. He said something to the effect of "you know the multiverse is coming right? you know mutants are coming? stay tuned".

Pretty revealing comment.
redline248
AG
NPH- said:

was browsing the internet earlier and saw a comment from the WandaVision director about fans disappointment with Evan Peter's/Fake Pietro's true identity. He said something to the effect of "you know the multiverse is coming right? you know mutants are coming? stay tuned".

Isn't he the same guy that said fans might be disappointed?
degreedy
AG
redline248 said:

NPH- said:

Isn't he the same guy that said fans might be disappointed?
yes, but he was correct wasn't he? I think he was referring to fans being disappointed with WandaVision finale, based upon all the theories about where the show was going (with regards to Mephisto/Doctor Strange/etc.).
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The Avengers Assembled on the making of Wandavision is delightful. And - great news - only has 60-seconds of credits.

It doesn't delve into any of the mysteries or theories we discussed, or explain the Fietro actor decision. But it's a fun look back at the show.
Thanks and gig'em
taxpreparer
AG
I watched this in one weekend with absolutely no background info. It was the eighth episode before anything made sense to me. I still had fun though.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
rhutton125
AG
Binged this with a friend today. I think it flows a lot better that way. There are also some clever teases that I didn't remember when going week to week:

- Mrs. Hart saying "stop it!" again and again. Could be calling back to Wanda trying to stop Thanos from killing Vision; could also be the residents begging Wanda to stop controlling them.
- Wanda's powers getting out of control in episode 3. "I didn't mean for that to happen"
- 3rd commercial is another Hydra, but with the tag line "release the goddess within." Makes a lot more sense after episodes 8 and 9
- It's easy to forget but Monica going so far out of her way to help Wanda makes a little more sense when binging. Monica is also grieving, but she also was there for a lot of it. Helped deliver her first child, after all.
- Episode 6, Wanda remembers things differently than Pietro and he says "you probably suppressed all the trauma." Monica later: "I know what Wanda is feeling, and I won't stop until I help her."

Much better pacing, I think. I enjoyed it the first time but maybe moreso the second.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So the very last scene shows Wanda reading in the astral plane while she walks around making coffee. Can Strange do that as well, or were they trying to show that she was stronger than him now? We saw him in the first movie reading in the astral plane while he was asleep, but didn't know if he could do it while being simultaneously conscious.
ja86
AG
Strange did it while his body slept, but then that was while he was training. I think he could probably do that now too, but that is just a guess.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
ja86 said:

Strange did it while his body slept, but then that was while he was training. I think he could probably do that now too, but that is just a guess.
And Strange did take a look at 14M+ future scenarios all in about a minute or so ...
TexasAggie_02
AG
i mean, the ancient one was able to knock both Strange and Banner into the Astral Realm and converse with them herself while awake. I would think that by now, strange would be able to do the same.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

ja86 said:

And Strange did take a look at 14M+ future scenarios all in about a minute or so ...

Yeah, but he had to sit down to do it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Just watched it, felt the climax and villain twist were a bit boring. Decent show that tried to be interesting at least with the premise.

Formerly tv1113
DVC2010
AG
I really think the conclusion would have worked better with the final two episodes consecutively rather than a week apart.
Bockaneer
AG
Just watched the "assembled" of wandavision- so many clips I don't recall... guess I'll have to binge rewatch this now to see what else I missed.
DTP02
AG
Ryan34 said:

I'm conflicted as well. Olsen, Bettany, and Hahn were great. But all the teases and headfakes took away from what was a really good story. Wandavision was more "real" and had more emotion than perhaps any other MCU product we've seen thus far.

The cameo remarks, Bettany's comments, and constant hints in the show (Dottie, devil, aerospace engineer, etc.) that turned out to just be head fakes. Worst of all was Fietro. They used an immensely popular character to imply an X-Men crossover, only to culminate in a boner joke.

They fed the flames of fan speculation and dug themselves an impossible hole, which detracts from what was a really good show. I think it would have been better without some of the misdirection though.

But that only really impacts the hardcore comic fanboys and those who spent a bunch of time wildly hypothesizing, with there being a lot of overlap between those two groups.

I just watched the finale last night, so for people who view it as a show and not an obsession, all of the extraneous stuff isn't on our radar. I didn't spend much time at all reading spoiler stuff and have no knowledge of all the comic stuff.

There were things I didn't like about the show, and almost gave up on it after the previous couple of episodes got too witchy for my tastes (which probably appealed to a lot of comics folks), but it stuck the finale, tried to be something daring and interesting throughout, and was ultimately a good show albeit a somewhat bloated one.

And, as to tie in to the larger MCU, it seems likely that they are setting up the Scarlet Witch persona as "taking over" Wanda and being a super-powered threat Strange has to deal with, as well as bringing back a version of Vision at some point. And they're going to use this darkhold thing they introduced as a gateway drug to the multiverse.
Madmarttigan
AG
I just really thought there would be something more interesting happening in the end. The villain just felt really bland to me, but it was interesting to get scarlet witches more in depth backstory and why the tv sitcom thing was happening. Overall was pretty meh for me.
Ryan34
AG
I've never read the comics. I got sucked in because I had no idea what was going on, and they put so many subtle references in each episode. Ended up down the rabbit hole pretty quickly, as I think many did. Or that's what I tell myself .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.