*** Coronavirus Impact on the Entertainment Industry ***

162,967 Views | 1893 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow.

Apparently The Rise of Skywalker is out early tonight on digital as well (rental not Disney+).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
Fairview
AG
Similar to Disney+ I wish the studios would use this as a chance to test out having theatrical releases available on rental platforms as well. Even if they charged $50 it would be worth it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MBAR
AG
You know why wouldn't they immediately make invisiblean available to rent? No one is going to see it in movies anymore. Would be a move like the ones Disney is making.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
littlebitofhifi
AG
I'd also speculate that if Peacock was live this would be possible but Universal doesn't have their own streaming service up and running yet so where would they distribute it? I guess it could go for digital sale early but probably not to a streaming service.
TCTTS
AG
Never mind 2020, some 2021 release dates might be in jeopardy as well now...

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-suspends-filming-coronavirus-pandemic/
The Collective
AG
C@LAg said:

MBAR said:

Disney making frozen 2 available on Disney plus 3 months early this Sunday. This is a brilliant move.
And in an interesting parallel, there will be a sharp increase in the number of suicide deaths of WFH parents after hearing Into the Unknown for the 10000 time.

Already contemplating it. Daughter plays it at bedtime every night.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
lunchbox
MBAR said:

Disney making frozen 2 available on Disney plus 3 months early this Sunday. This is a brilliant move.
FYI - it is available now...guess they decided not to wait until tomorrow. My kids are watching it.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty interesting, re: how the theatrical release window could be shortened, once things are finally back to "normal"...

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/pandemic-theater-chains-survive-coronavirus-box-office-1202217581/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I get the saving lives aspect of it ... but is this really worth delaying the release of Top Gun 2: Maverick?

Seems excessive, no?
TCTTS
AG
Tanya 93
My birthday is the 23rd.

Start of Benny's Spring Break. I had a whole day planned. Breakfast at Waffle House. Go see Onward and the Sonic movie. Get some sushi. Play at the Cat Cafe.

And I think the movies will be canceled.

This overreaction ****ing sucks.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/coronavirus-movie-theaters-new-york-close-1203532292/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

I've collected every ticket from every movie I've seen since 1997. Though, due to digital/email, I admit this streak/collection is probably going to have to end at some point relatively soon...

I did this for about 6 years (middle and high school).

Not sure why I stopped, but I had a nice pile by the end. Wish I hadn't thrown them out.
Roll the Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

I've collected every ticket from every movie I've seen since 1997. Though, due to digital/email, I admit this streak/collection is probably going to have to end at some point relatively soon...

I did this for about 6 years (middle and high school).

Not sure why I stopped, but I had a nice pile by the end. Wish I hadn't thrown them out.
Yeah, I did as well although primarily for concerts and sporting events. Have a ton of ticket stubs from Dallas Stars and Rangers games throughout the 80s and 90s. I would write the score on the back and any notable things that happened (Modano hat trick, etc.)
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MBAR
AG
Really it makes massive sense for those movies. The invisible man already had a theater run, lets see how it does at home. The Hunt is not going to get a chance at theaters, but will probably do fairly well at home as its the kind of movie that does well with rentals.

This is not a two week thing. This is a multi month pause button on our society.
AggieOO
Idris Elba tested positive.
aggiedata
AG
Bunk Moreland

This one hurts.
fig96
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

This one hurts.

Nooooo...
nosoupforyou
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I get the saving lives aspect of it ... but is this really worth delaying the release of Top Gun 2: Maverick?

Seems excessive, no?
where did you see Top Gun 2 is delayed?

I'm willing to take certain risks to see this movie opening day in IMAX..
Bunk Moreland
if my options were to do medical testing and get $5,000 to be injected with coronavirus, or guarantee I can watch a TG/TG: Maverick double feature in IMAX on opening day to be injected with coronavirus, give me the double feature.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.