*** Coronavirus Impact on the Entertainment Industry ***

162,709 Views | 1893 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Ha, same. I'm still tempted to finally make my family watch it, just to see their reaction, and then to of course explain to them how great it is, and why.
I am about halfway through the movie. I am intrigued, but still feel like it's so fast paced and the dialogue is so quick and subtle that I am falling behind and there is A LOT I am not picking up. is this a normal feeling to have this deep into the movie and on first viewing???
Decay
AG
Boo Weekley said:

TCTTS said:

Ha, same. I'm still tempted to finally make my family watch it, just to see their reaction, and then to of course explain to them how great it is, and why.
I am about halfway through the movie. I am intrigued, but still feel like it's so fast paced and the dialogue is so quick and subtle that I am falling behind and there is A LOT I am not picking up. is this a normal feeling to have this deep into the movie and on first viewing???
Most movies no.

Tenet, hell yeah. One poster here saw it multiple times with a notepad and I believe several people got the closed-caption device for hearing impaired viewers.
Boo Weekley
Decay said:

Boo Weekley said:

TCTTS said:

Most movies no.

Tenet, hell yeah. One poster here saw it multiple times with a notepad and I believe several people got the closed-caption device for hearing impaired viewers.
Even with subtitles, it's pretty tough to follow. Can't tell you how many times I've rewound certain portions of dialogue to make sure I heard or read correctly. My wife was just in the next room doing something else the other night and it was driving her up the wall.
TCTTS
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Decay said:

Boo Weekley said:

TCTTS said:

Most movies no.

Even with subtitles, it's pretty tough to follow. Can't tell you how many times I've rewound certain portions of dialogue to make sure I heard or read correctly. My wife was just in the next room doing something else the other night and it was driving her up the wall.

I watched it once in the theater, loved it, but still had a ton of questions. It took watching it a second time, at home, with subtitles, before I finally grasped maybe 95% of the plot/what it was trying to say. It then took another viewing to fully get 100% of what it's going for. All that said, the Dune spoiler thread helped a ton as well. And I can't remember the site, but there was a specific link I posted in the latter pages of that thread that was incredibly helpful too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.