Braves Thread

113,657 Views | 2009 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie1205
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man Ozzie needs to make that play.
Aggie1205
AG
Arcia gives the Braves the lead in the top of the 9th.
aggiephoenix02
It was sweet…
yawny06
AG
I am traveling, so not getting to watch the games due to time difference, but looks like they made some clutch hits late to get the W!
yawny06
AG
Encouraging to see that they were able to string together some hits to get the rally going in the 8th.

Acuna, man, what can you say about this guy? On pace for 30 HR and 60 SB. Four straight games with a HR. It goes without saying, but he is noticeably a different player from last year.

Tough road trip, but finished on a high note. Hope that leads into another 5-6 winning streak. Still have the largest division lead in the majors.
AustinCountyAg
yawny06
AG
Good win to open the series against the M's.

After giving up the lead in the 7th, the good guys bounced back and immediately took the lead back in the bottom frame, then tacked on some insurance in the 8th.

yawny06
AG
Great outing today by Shuster. One run, on just one hit, in 6 innings. Really going to need some of that to help us get the rotation back to full strength. Those bullpen games have not gone in our favor recently, and it really is not a good strategy going forward if Max and Kyle are out until July.

TdA hit a solo shot to tack on a run that would be the difference in the game and Iglesias gets the save. Braves win the game 3-2 and take the series.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
I hate the Dodgers. This team needs to learn how to beat good teams or they're going to find themselves looking up at the Mets soon. Terrible performance these last 2 games.
yawny06
AG
Hey, they found a way to scratch out a W last night and at least salvaged something out of a disappointing series.

On the bright side, somehow, despite this really bad stretch, injury ridden starting rotation, and a horribly leaky bullpen, they still have the best record in the NL and a 5.5 game lead in the East, which is the largest division lead in all of baseball. Still have to figure that the Mets and the Phils will get it going soon though.

Hoping that those first two games against the Dodgers set off a spark to get another good stretch of baseball going.

Aggie1205
AG
Tonkin to the IL as Dodd came up to start yesterday. Back and forth game that the Braves pulled out.
yawny06
AG
Good way to finish the series with the Phillies. 7 run first inning. Acuna with 4 hits. Olson with 2 HR. Harris with a phenomenal HR robbing catch. Only got to see the highlights, but there were plenty of them!

Soroka called up to make the start against the A's. Excited to see how be does.

I am headed back home from Las Palmas…have not been able to watch a game in the last two weeks. Ready to see some Braves baseball in action again!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
AJ Smith Shawver got called up to Atlanta. That's really an aggressive promotion. Unclear what role he'll fill, but Luetge got DFA'd.
Aggie1205
AG
Only 4 games above high A. Very aggressive.
78669AG
Aggie1205 said:

Only 4 games above high A. Very aggressive.

He has a 1.09 ERA as a SP across 33 innings at 3 separate levels already in 2023. He's struck out 45 batters (12.3 K/9) against just 12 walks and allowed only 19 hits (1 HR).
aggiephoenix02
ttt…
yawny06
AG
This team just feels like it can't get out of its own way at the moment.

Case in point…both teams get two out walks followed by a double in the 3rd inning. D-backs get a run to extend their lead as opposed to Olson who gets thrown out at third after the throw is cut off hesitating to go home.
yawny06
AG
Rosario has been on fire, and comes through in a grand way, hitting a grand slam in the 9th to flip the game from a 5-4 deficit to a 8-5 lead. Braves were down to their last out, now have a chance clinch the series!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Eddie!!!

AJ Smith-Shawver made his first appearance and looked really good. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him. He looks like a high end starter in the making.
mosdefn14
AG
Going to Atlanta next month, going to try and take the kids to Truist for a game. Is there a spot in the park more fun for the kids than another? For example, our seats in Arlington we have a good chance of catching a ball from the first baseman each inning and let us go to the field level restaurant, but they'd rather spend time at the wiffle ball park upstairs than watch the game.

Anything to see, do, or avoid in the park? Tips on parking?
yawny06
AG
The Battery is a great spot, just make sure to get there plenty early if you want to eat at any of the restaurants. Lots of things for the kids to do in that area. For one of the games we went to last year, we had seats on the 200 level, 3rd base side, and there was some action with foul balls in that area. Would recommend that if it is a mid-day game or early afternoon game to try and get seats on the 1st base side or in the 400 level under the shade. We had some seats on the 100 level near the foul pole on the 3rd base and the sun was brutal for the first few innings. Not bad seats, but the sun made it tough to watch.

We also took an Uber to and from the games, so no comment on the parking, but from what I could tell, using an Uber or taxi is the way to go.
yawny06
AG
Big 6th inning from the Braves to flip a 4-1 deficit into a 5-4 lead against the Mets. Riley got a hustle double, followed by a Murphy gapper to get two across. Rosario and Albies both got out, but had great ABs. Ozuna came through with a double smoked down the line to tie the game. He moved to 3rd on a wild pitch and Arcia brought him home for the lead.
yawny06
AG
Braves tack on a run in the 8th to make it 6-4. Rosario turned a double into three bases after McNeil bobbled the ball not once, not twice, but three times. Ozuna brought him home on a fielder's choice.

Minter had a solid 8th inning. On to the 9th with Iglesias.
yawny06
AG
Clean 9th and the Braves come back to beat the Mets.
aggiephoenix02
Beating the Mets on the reg is always a perk of being a Braves fan. I love beating the Mets. Every. Single. Time.
Aggie1205
AG
Acuna with a heck of a catch to save another run there. Should have had someone warming up sooner to come in for Yates.
Aggie1205
AG
Harris with the two run shot to put the Braves up. Minter shuts the door. Series win.
Aggie1205
AG
Was also going to mention it was nice having the Braves on TBS last night. Brings me back to years ago and how I became a Braves fan in the first place.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Nice to see Michael Harris break out tonight. Hopefully he can build on this. He's basically been like having a pitcher batting in the 9 hole up until this point.
yawny06
AG
Had other commitments last night that prevented me from watching the game, but great to see the team come back again! That is three straight come from behind wins, and last night was almost a mirror image of the night before.

Both Acuna and Harris made some great defensive plays late. Harris looks like he might be coming to form at the plate, and if he does, this will be a very, very tough line up to face.

Unfortunate that Alonso got plunked, but after his **** talking to Elder the night before, hard to feel bad for the guy. Do hope he is okay, but part of me wonders if Uncle Charlie wasn't trying to send a little message.
The Anchor
AG
Unlikely he was plunked on purpose. The ball wasn't that far inside and Mortons immediate reaction seems genuine like he was upset he hit him.
yawny06
AG
That is what I thought too after seeing the replay.
yawny06
AG
Great start went south fast. After tagging Verlander for 3 runs in the first, the Mets tag Strider for 5 in the second, capped by a grand slam from Nimmo.

Gonna have to keep the bats hot.
yawny06
AG
Wild game so far…Strider has not looked sharp and gave up another run in the 3rd.

Arcia gets one back with an RBI single and then Verlander walks in a run with two outs, but Olson strikes out leaving them loaded. Braves trail 6-5 headed the the 4th, but Verlander has to be done. 80 pitches through 3 innings.

Added bonus…Chipper, Glavine, Smoltz, and Frenchy are calling the game. It has been great listening to these guys…
Aggie1205
AG
Morton reached out to Alonso after the game and told him there was no intent.

I think we have done this before but it's been awhile. Not sure if it was on this thread or one of the previous ones. I regret that the old threads used to be by year as opposed to ongoing. The question is: How did you become a Braves fan? As mentioned for me it was TBS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.