Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

503,830 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks, txyaloo. Grabbed 10.
DV04
AG
How do Troy mags compare to Magpul?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
DV04 said:

How do Troy mags compare to Magpul?
I like them. Polymer on the magpuls seems to be a bit tougher but the troys are a bit slicker and feel like they drop better. At the end of the day, it's like looking at HD tvs... you'll see a difference at the store when you're looking at the different screens/companies/whatever, but when you get home and you don't have them setting next to each other, are you actually going to care?
DV04
AG
Good to hear. Thanks.
MROD92
Bought 10, thanks
txyaloo
AG
They also have a complete lower for $160.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ke-arms-complete-lower-receiver-ke-1-50-01-033
CharlieBrown17
AG
Primary Arms cracks me up with their sales now, it used to be only for normal holidays then it turned into Columbus day and MLK day and other "holidays" and now it seems like every three days I get a new sale email from them. I think a few weeks ago it was "fall harvest" sales event followed by "fall harvest pt 2"
mts6175
AG
I want to see how the new Daniel Defense mags are.
dubi
AG
MROD92 said:

Bought 10,000. Thanks Hillary!
FIFY
TexasAggies06
AG
txyaloo said:

PA has 30rd mags on sale for $8 each

http://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName+Troy-30rd-Battle-Mags
Looks like sale on Black is over already. Still have Olive Drab and FDE for $8
The Wonderer
AG
Still shows blacks for $7.99 to me.

http://www.primaryarms.com/troy-battlemag-30rd-single-black-smag-sin-00bt-00
TexasAggies06
AG
The Wonderer said:

Shows $7.99 from that link but when I add to cart they are $15.
TexasAggies06
AG
The Wonderer
AG
Weird, it only reset when I added them to my cart.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Let's talk NFA Amendments...

Completing form 1 (by the way, be mindful of how you print - double sided is required for ATF on some docs) and need to submit copy of my trust to ATF.

I need to amend the document so my wife is not on there as a trustee or responsible person. So, do I:

Remove her name from the word document everywhere and just leave my name?
If so, do I need to get renotarized with just my name on there?

Do I need just leave as is and provide a cover amendment sheet stating I am amending the trust to reflect change of trustees... and that I will be the only trustee forward?

Contact my NFA attorney and have him do this?

Government paperwork is a PIA!!!!
txyaloo
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Let's talk NFA Amendments...

Completing form 1 (by the way, be mindful of how you print - double sided is required for ATF on some docs) and need to submit copy of my trust to ATF.

I need to amend the document so my wife is not on there as a trustee or responsible person. So, do I:

Remove her name from the word document everywhere and just leave my name?
If so, do I need to get renotarized with just my name on there?

Do I need just leave as is and provide a cover amendment sheet stating I am amending the trust to reflect change of trustees... and that I will be the only trustee forward?

Contact my NFA attorney and have him do this?

Government paperwork is a PIA!!!!
Legal answer: Contact your attorney

Trusts don't have to be notarized in Texas to be legal instruments. I would simply remove her name from the word doc, print it, and mail. Make sure any singluar vs plural pronouns are also changed. Trustee vs trutees, etc. I've done this several times on my own trusts and reviewed trusts attorneys amended as an FFL where they did the same thing. I wouldn't include any type of document calling out the amendment of the trust. Just make your changes and send it in.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Perfect, Thank you!

Can I just copy the notarized and signed page with her name and signature blocked out? Referring to the initial contribution page and others...
TexasAggies06
AG
txswag06 said:

The Wonderer said:

Shows $7.99 from that link but when I add to cart they are $15.
Apparently this glitch has been fixed, back to $7.99 if anyone still thinking about picking some up.
MROD92
txyaloo said:

They also have a complete lower for $160.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ke-arms-complete-lower-receiver-ke-1-50-01-033

Does anyone have experience with KE Arms??
txyaloo
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Perfect, Thank you!

Can I just copy the notarized and signed page with her name and signature blocked out? Referring to the initial contribution page and others...
What BATFE doesn't know won't hurt them.
nealan
I have a build question, but didn't want to start a new thread so I'm putting it here. I'm putting a 12" Guntec hand guard on my current .223 wylde build. The hand guard came with two thin metal rings. Are those just spacers in case my gas tube doesn't line up after the barrel nut is torqued?
pdtnation
AG
That's correct. They're shims to line up the hole for the gas tube.
nealan
Awesome, thanks!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What's the current turnaround time on suppressor stamps? Submitted in late June/early July.

Same for Form 1, except submitted tomorrow? ETA on SBR stamp right now?
The Wonderer
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

What's the current turnaround time on suppressor stamps? Submitted in late June/early July.

Same for Form 1, except submitted tomorrow? ETA on SBR stamp right now?
Near 10 months given the massive numbers that were submitted just before 41f went into effect.

My Form 1 submitted in March took a little over 5.5 months to clear.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks
The Wonderer
AG
For the record, that's a guess, but I think it is close to actual. We'll have a much better idea with the first batch of "just prior 41f" submissions gets cleared.
Mr. Dubi
nealan said:

I have a build question, but didn't want to start a new thread so I'm putting it here. I'm putting a 12" Guntec hand guard on my current .223 wylde build. The hand guard came with two thin metal rings. Are those just spacers in case my gas tube doesn't line up after the barrel nut is torqued?

Which model rail did you get? What are your thoughts? It appears to be a good pricepoint for size, weight and color options.
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, apparently Cabelas has some Anderson lowers in stock for the regular $50 price. Have to purchase in person and based on this guy's post from Reddit, there are several in the Ft Worth and Waco stores.
reveille23
Can I get a recommendation for a good LPK. I was wanting to get the BCM Enhanced kits but apparently there has been a run on them, everyone is out of stock

PA has a Seekins kit available, are these any good. Or should I just wait on the BCMs to come back in stock?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Seekins = great
Mr. Dubi
reveille23 said:

Can I get a recommendation for a good LPK. I was wanting to get the BCM Enhanced kits but apparently there has been a run on them, everyone is out of stock

PA has a Seekins kit available, are these any good. Or should I just wait on the BCMs to come back in stock?

I like this one, currently OOS, but comes back often. Pair it up with a $10 set of JP springs it makes for a decent trigger.
HumbleAg04
AG
Palmetto's LPK with MOE grip and CMC 3.5 lb flat single stage st $219 is a solid deal.

Love that trigger.
nealan
I got the 12" in FDE. It's keymod (opinions may vary). I am probably gonna put it on the build tonight. I think I'm gonna like it, but I'll let you know.

This is it set in place just to see how it is gonna look. (Not installed )

The FDE is "matched" to magpul FDE..... not exactly....
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Looking at a SBR in 5.56 and would like to run a suppressor. Already have the lower, just trying to figure out which barrel length is best to run with suppresor in 5.56.

Already working/have the 300SBR. Want to build a compact 5.56 SBR that's suppressor ready.

What about this option?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pistol-length-5-56-nato-1-7-melonite-barrel-and-7-2a-armament-keymod-rail-with-bcg-ch.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.