*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,233 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious what all here would think about Darnell Washington pick at 26.
jr15aggie
AG
I personally don't like it. He's crazy athletic and a heck of a blocker, but he's not exactly a TE that creates separation in the passing game.

I know I'm a big time Gibbs homer... but when I consider what he could do for this offense VS a TE that wasn't even the best TE on his college team it's a no brainer.

I gotta think there is a LG, LT, RB, WR, or CB that could help us more than Washington at 26. But there are plenty of guys that really like him so it's not a bad question.
Macarthur
All fair points. I do think he could be a difference maker on offense though. He's a huge mismatch with his size and he's like having an extra OT for the run game.
Tksymm7
AG
Where is he projected to go?
Macarthur
I think from what I've seen, 26 might be a bit early but I think he will def be gone by our 2nd pick.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, he's a 1st/2nd round guy. Some think he'll go before the ND TE... some think the ND TE is the best in the entire draft. Who knows.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

PS: In case anybody is keeping score... AND I AM!... CD was taken 2 picks after Jeudy. CD has over a thousand yards more in career receiving yards and has more than doubled his TD catches!

1st round..... below me Denver!

To be fair, Juedy did have a season ending injury one of those years.
Macarthur
The ND TE is the best all around TE but I think Washington still has a ton of upside because he's just a pup when it comes to playing the position.
jr15aggie
AG
All of these re-structures have me thinking there is no way they can/will re-sign Diggs after this season. No doubt he wants to be the highest paid CB and he's probably earned that (not that he is the best, but that's just how contracts work).

Has me thinking that this Gilmore deal may have future implications beyond this season. If he has a good season here, chances are we'll have the inside track to re-sign him. Let him play out what's left of his career here and he can be a stop gap as we transition to a new group of Cowboy CBs
dave94
AG
Why would them clearing cap space make you think it's not ultimately to resign Micah and Diggs? I think it's possible they get those deals done even before next season.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Cooper Rush signed again.
Southlake
Rush will quietly go the way of Gary Kubiak or Chase Daniel. Very competent back up making 5 million a year for 12 years.

Needed him back. I still don't entirely trust Dak.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, proved his value as a guy that can get you thru a handful of games if needed. Dak is starting to leak some oil health-wise, so they need something. I'd still like to see them draft one in the 4-6 range. I'm a big proponent of buying that lottery ticket every 3 years or so; however long it takes to be sure the last ticket is boom or bust
jr15aggie
AG
dave94 said:

Why would them clearing cap space make you think it's not ultimately to resign Micah and Diggs? I think it's possible they get those deals done even before next season.

They would NOT be pushing all of this cap money down the road if they had plans to make Diggs the highest paid CB in the NFL. At least, that's how I see it.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Tend to agree…they like Jourdan Lewis and DaRon Bland. Just grabbed Gilmore…I see Diggs going the way of Byron Jones unfortunately.
98Ag99Grad
AG
No way in hell Jerry doesn't resign Parsons. He will be the highest paid non QB in the league. Diggs will probably walk.
jr15aggie
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

No way in hell Jerry doesn't resign Parsons. He will be the highest paid non QB in the league. Diggs will probably walk.

Exactly. I didn't want my other post to get long winded, but this was my exact thought when I was talking about Gilmore & Diggs.

I think they will keep CD and I KNOW they are keeping Micah. Diggs just doesn't fit into the plans when you consider who we have to pay and all the restructure money that is going to hit the cap very soon.

jr15aggie
AG
Jerry: We'd love to have you back Cooper, here's what we are willing to pay

Cooper: Thanks Mr. Jones. I'm 5-1 as your starter... I think I'll look and see what others are willing to pay.

Jerry: No problem.

Cooper's Phone: ...............................................

Cooper: Hey Mr. Jones, that deal looks pretty good!

Jerry: Sign here you soulless ginger, welcome back to the Dallas Cowboys!
AgGrad99
AG
jr15aggie said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Exactly. I didn't want my other post to get long winded, but this was my exact thought when I was talking about Gilmore & Diggs.

I think they will keep CD and I KNOW they are keeping Micah. Diggs just doesn't fit into the plans when you consider who we have to pay and all the restructure money that is going to hit the cap very soon.

Which means Jerry will make him the highest paid CB
jr15aggie
AG
We Re-signed CJ Goodwin. Isn't a huge name, but big for special teams considering we lost Brown and Gifford this week.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I actually think Parsons, Diggs, CeeDee will all be signed again.
dave94
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Agree
jr15aggie
AG
dave94 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Agree

Y'all could be right. I feel like Dak, Zeke and D Law were phase 1 in this common Era Dallas Cowboys.

Phase 2 is imminent... I feel like Micah and CD are the main figures here. Dak might still figures in depending on how he performs over the next 2 years. I feel like we can't afford Diggs, but he's definitely welcome.
Vinny
I can't recall any FA the Cowboys prioritizes walking away. They always re-sign their stars and if Diggs remains a priority he will be re-signed as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's a good problem to have, but cap $$$ is gonna get tight. That said, he's a playmaker and you need playmakers in this league. And he'll only be 25 when the new deal kicks in. These next few drafts are going to be absolutely critical to get contributors because of the expensive guys they need to resign
fc2112
gigem1223
Come on down Brandin Cooks.

5th this year and a 6th next year.

Bargain!
Tksymm7
AG
Cowboys are in he process of trading for Texans WR Brandin Cooks. I'm a fan of this trade for a lot of reasons.
Vince Blake
Love this!
AgGrad99
AG
That a a steal!

What's his salary/cap situation?
Tksymm7
AG
I'm not completely sure because of the trade. We'll have to wait until it's complete, but it's not outrageous, especially for 2024.
Spaceship
AG
Cooks is only 30, has historically been very durable and averages 70 catch/yr for his career. A great pick up for the price paid.
Vince Blake
They are making the moves of a team that's about to take its shot. I am getting pumped for next season!
Rex Racer
AG
So far, this off season has gone perfectly. Did the Jones family sell the team when we weren't looking?
Spaceship
AG
In terms of WR depth next year, it's Lamb, Gallup and Cooks, with Hilton and Noah Brown gone. I'm assuming WR4 and WR5 either come from the draft or additional free agency?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.