*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,336 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like what they've done so far.

Free up room. Re-sign LVE, re-sign Dono, add to the DB room, etc...

I'd love it if they could grab someone like Adam Theilen, but I dont know what he'll want $$ wise. It'd also be great if they could add dept to the OL.

They are doing a good job giving themselves some freedom in the draft, and shoring up the roster.
Macarthur
AgGrad99 said:

They are positioning themselves well.

If they blow a giant chunk of it on OBJ, it would be the most Jerry thing ever.

Yeah, I've just never gotten the impression the front office is that keen on OBJ. They didn't even send anyone to see him on that workout last week.
Macarthur
Thielen would be a solid get. Wouldn't cost them a ton and I think he still has a bit left in the tank.
AgGrad99
AG
Macarthur said:

Thielen would be a solid get. Wouldn't cost them a ton and I think he still has a bit left in the tank.
Would be so great, and exactly what the roster needs.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm not sure Theilen is enough of a threat to make a huge difference. Some difference? Yes, probably, but I think they need another stud. Not sure what the price on Hopkins is but that's where I'd try to go with that move.

And I am loving this offseason so far. And I don't think I've said that about any offseason in years.
Raiderjay
Get Hopkins, make it happen…
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Macarthur
I think Hopkins is better but he's also going to be 33, I think when the season rolls around. He's not exactly a deep threat anymore.
AgGrad99
AG
33, and a lot more expensive.

I kind of view him as a better option than OBJ...but I put them in the same bucket.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

If we get Hopkins I'll be drinking heavily
fify
Tksymm7
AG
Macarthur said:

I think Hopkins is better but he's also going to be 33, I think when the season rolls around. He's not exactly a deep threat anymore.
Hopkins is only 30 and has two years left on his contract. I think he's a screaming take, and just because you trade for him doesn't mean you cant still draft a guy who offers more top end speed.
gigem1223
AgGrad99 said:

33, and a lot more expensive.

I kind of view him as a better option than OBJ...but I put them in the same bucket.

Huh?

1. Hopkins is 30
2. Although somewhat injury prone lately, he's not coming off a major injury.
3. He's not a threat for locker room issues
4. He's still an elite #1 that has produced with several terrible QBs.

Not seeing the same bucket here.
Macarthur
I guess I'm thinking of someone else…
jr15aggie
AG
Thielen has lost a step or two... he's not the same guy anymore. I would put him in the same category as Dez when we let him go. Not completely washed up, but the elite athleticism is gone.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm excited to see what they do... did not anticipate them restructuring so many guys. They are most definitely leveraging their future cap for this year and possibly the next.

A WR is a must. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they buy a pretty good LG too. Go into the draft with all holes filled.

If that's the case, look for them to get a splash player round 1. One of the RBs or possibly a WR like Flowers.

This is fun!
Ag Natural
AG
They might be clearing space to sign Kearse and Armstrong. That 3 safety look was a key to the season. If they don't keep Kearse then maybe we see Antonio Johnson on draft day.
gigem1223
Ag Natural said:

They might be clearing space to sign Kearse and Armstrong. That 3 safety look was a key to the season. If they don't keep Kearse then maybe we see Antonio Johnson on draft day.

Kearse and Armstrong are already under contract for 2023. Fowler is likely a guy they resign if it's at a reasonable price.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
They just reworked Tyron Smith
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

Ag Natural said:

Kearse and Armstrong are already under contract for 2023. Fowler is likely a guy they resign if it's at a reasonable price.

Oh that's great. I though I heard during the season both were FAs. I agree the formula is going to be to load up on pass rushers. I'd love to see them get in on a big time DT for once as well.
TyHolden
AG
Do we sign another veteran RB or grab one in the draft? tu's D'ante Foreman is out there. He rushed for almost 1000 last year. Anybody else?
jr15aggie
AG
I feel pretty confident in saying they will not sign another RB. Pollard was our one and only vet signing.

Plenty of plug and play RBs in the draft. I'm personally hoping we go after one of the top guys but we'll see how they play it.
Agristotle
AG
With Schultz probably gone, I wouldn't mind a top TE.
Goldie Wilson
TE and RB through the draft. WR via FA
TyHolden
AG
It's being reported on premium that we are certainly almost positively thinking about drafting a running back if it's bijan. I can't confirm nor deny the source but it sounds almost a sure thing.
alvtimes
More restructuring…. 23 mil under the cap cap now.
Macarthur
Seen some mocks that had Nolan Smith falling to 26. I don't think that's going to happen, at all, but imagine what Quinn could do with Nolan and Parsons on the field at the same time. That's some serious speed and disruption tools.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Our WR numbers are very depleted now. I think they gotta get a name in free agency, plus a couple of young guys in the draft. I feel like we are so so close to breaking through as a championship team, but we also are missing some real depth as well which could torpedo the 23 season completely.

I'd like to see us add a WR and OL in the offseason ***ency. 2 actual contributors, not just bodies. Then the draft can look something like:

1: WR
2: RB
3: TED
4: OL
5: LB
5: WR
6: RB
7: DL

Overall, this team has really drafted pretty well so it's not crazy to say they can find some contributors or gems even late in the draft.
jr15aggie
AG
We keep hearing about Hopkins and OBJ, but I'm still very intrigued by Sutton in Denver. He wants out is what I'm hearing... and at first glance, he's a really good complement to what we do with CD.

I'd really like to add him, especially when you could probably do it for a day 3 pick as opposed to a day 2 pick for Hopkins. I'm not mad at a Hopkins trade either, but get it done for a 3rd... a 2nd is getting expensive for my taste.
Macarthur
I would love Sutton. I think he has the potential to be one of the best #2 WRs in the league. I love guys like this with huge upside and value that have been in bad QB situations.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Hell yes to Sutton, Hell No to OBJ.
Tksymm7
AG
I think Sutton has the physical tools of a real number 1 WR.
AgGrad99
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Hell yes to Sutton, Hell No to OBJ.
Vince Blake
How about the other Bronco's receiver?
Grapesoda2525
Eagles keep fletcher cox and kelce. Damn I was hoping one or both would retire.
jr15aggie
AG
Vince Blake said:

How about the other Bronco's receiver?

So the Broncos spent a #15 pick on this guy... he's been OK, but he hasn't lit the world on fire either. And now they want somebody else to give them a 1st round pick with 1 year left on his rookie deal!?

There aren't enough F words and places to stick it that I could tell them to describe what I think about that.
jr15aggie
AG
PS: In case anybody is keeping score... AND I AM!... CD was taken 2 picks after Jeudy. CD has over a thousand yards more in career receiving yards and has more than doubled his TD catches!

1st round..... below me Denver!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.