*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,290 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the Broncos might get Sean Payton. ESPN says they are in talks with the Saints.
Tksymm7
AG
Rex Racer said:

Looks like the Broncos might get Sean Payton. ESPN says they are in talks with the Saints.
And it looks like the Texans finally did something right for a change. Great hire for them that will bring stability, toughness and character to a franchise that desperately needs it, just like Dan Campbell has done for the Lions.
Southlake
So Jerry coulda fired MM and given the Saints a few draft picks to hire Payton?

Hubert J. Farnsworth
Southlake said:

Yes, but it isn't worth losing the draft picks. Payton and McCarthy are pretty similar. This article points out the similarities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2022/1/29/22901627/dallas-cowboys-sean-payton-not-upgrade-over-mike-mccarthy-jerry-jones-saints-aaron-rodgers
Goldie Wilson
Southlake said:

Sure, but not sure that Payton is a 1st and 2nd better than MM

ETA: and if it's Jerry that came asking, I'm assuming the price is a bit more expensive
98Ag99Grad
AG
I caught a few late UCLA games this year and really liked the RB, Charbonet. Wouldn't mind him at all late 2nd or early 3rd if he's there.
Macarthur
He's going to be a nice pro RB.
PatAg
AG
Southlake said:

for once Jerry didnt make a mistake
Tksymm7
AG
I'm not sure he's going to be around for a late second unfortunately. I really like Bijan, Charbonnet and Jamyr Gibbs. I'm not going to say they are work horse backs because I think those days of one guy getting 75% of carry's is gone, but all three are tremendous all around backs. I should add, I think Bijan is special.
ApachePilot
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I'm not sure he's going to be around for a late second unfortunately. I really like Bijan, Charbonnet and Jamyr Gibbs. I'm not going to say they are work horse backs because I think those days of one guy getting 75% of carry's is gone, but all three are tremendous all around backs. I should add, I think Bijan is special.

I miss the days of a lead franchise RB. I often wondered why that has faded. If you have a Emmit or Barry sanders wouldn't you ride them? I guess all those old time backs won't have to worry about their records.
TyHolden
AG
Micah might end up being my favorite Cowboy of all time....

Southlake
PatAg said:

Southlake said:

for once Jerry didnt make a mistake
I guess we'll see next year…
DannyDuberstein
AG
Payton spent the past decade+ coaching one of the best QB's in football to one conference championship loss.

The Broncos have now spent all of their good draft picks for multiple years on a fat over-the-hill qb and a coach that hasn't done much for forever. I think the impact is going to sting for a long time. You gotta have impact players on rookie deals in this league, especially when you are paying your qb huge $$$
MookieBlaylock
AG
I didn't realize he was 60

No draft capital and a QB that is the exact opposite of Brees

Yeah he took the generational money
Tksymm7
AG
Payton definitely has his work cut out for him. I think Russell Wilson is a weirdo, not liked at all across the league, and on the downhill portion of his career, but, they were also surrounded by perhaps the most inept offensive head coach and staff of all time this year. They didn't even make it a full year.
Tksymm7
AG
This is almost gross negligence.
Macarthur
Wow
Rex Racer
AG
Wow. Even Belichick isn't worth 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks.

Glad I'm not a Broncos fan.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Some of that was given up for Wilson too, not just Payton.
Rex Racer
AG
He's not worth it either.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Oh agree. This franchise has dug itself quite the hole.
PatAg
AG

jesus
Tksymm7
AG
That can't be real.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Is Stephen Jones blind?
Ag12thman
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

The McCarthy offense can be good but I don't trust him to run an offense and manage a team much like I don't trust Fisher to.

This time next year Dan Quinn will be head coach w a new offensive scheme in place

The Jones family loves scapegoating others not realizing they are the one constant over the years.
I can't blue-star this post enough.
Ag12thman
AG
I'm sure it is real. The idiocy continues.
twilly
AG
The Jones' are coach speaking there. They want him back, but at a renegotiated price.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Tksymm7
AG
I am in the group that thinks the Cowboys are run much better than people give credit, but if they were to keep Zeke at all, I will quickly join the not run well group.
Macarthur
I actually agree with you in that they are much better than most give them credit and the narrative that drives clicks and ratings for everyone is to hammer the Cowboys. I get it.

They are better than that, however as I said earlier, they keep adding fuel to that narrative by having one error or stub of the toe that just gives everyone gasoline to throw on that fire - Cooper trade, Zeke deal, delay in getting Dak done, etc.
Southlake
twilly said:

The Jones' are coach speaking there. They want him back, but at a renegotiated price.
Just the fact that they want him back is silly.
He's done.
Macarthur
So reports are that OBJ is looking really good in workouts. How would you feel about bringing OBJ in and still drafting a WR fairly high?
Unemployed
AG
Macarthur said:

So reports are that OBJ is looking really good in workouts. How would you feel about bringing OBJ in and still drafting a WR fairly high?
Hard pass. There's a reason he doesn't stay with one team for long despite all that talent.
Goldie Wilson
PatAg said:

jesus
I just heard the Jerry quote on the Ticket. Didn't really seem that bad. Sounded to me like he's only saying that if there was no salary cap or roster limits, then sure they'd love to have Zeke back.
TyHolden
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

PatAg said:

jesus
I just heard the Jerry quote on the Ticket. Didn't really seem that bad. Sounded to me like he's only saying that if there was no salary cap or roster limits, then sure they'd love to have Zeke back.
that sounds better
batchuser
TyHolden said:

Goldie Wilson said:

PatAg said:

jesus
that sounds better

There was no drop off this year with zeke. None. He sucked last year as well. Come on jerry, just slap sanders over Elliott and sell those 21 jerseys as throwbacks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.