*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,307 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10.5m!!

Haha at least we ain't the last ones that he broke it off in. Good riddance!
Macarthur
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Lol eagles sign zeke to a 1 year deal at 10.5 mil

Fleeced them bad

Wow. WTF are they smoking?
Spaceship
AG
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Fleeced them bad

Wow, terrible deal.
Vince Blake
Was this an April Fool's joke?
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Sure hope not
Spaceship
AG
It appears so. That's what I get for coming to TexAgs for news from you dorks.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Fleeced them bad

This can't be real LOL.
Southlake
I pray this is a joke. Having Zeke run the ball up the Cowboys butt would be painful.
Rex Racer
AG
Yeah, the latest news I see is Kelce trying to recruit him to Philly.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We're praying they don't give $10 million to a 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust back?
Woods Ag
AG
He's great at diving for the first down when it's wide open and he could grab another 3-4 yards if he still had a desire to be physical.

Too bad it was April Fools
Mike Elko
AG
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Fleeced them bad

Seriously.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
App sent notification on Sunday, didn't even think about April fools
Vince Blake
Pre-draft Visit tracker: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023/3/31/23664643/cowboys-2023-pre-draft-visit-tracker-top-30-visitor-list

Zay Flowers is an interesting name. Definitely has RAC ability and excellent ball skills.

TyHolden
AG
They brought in UH's qb? Maybe a late round pick?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'd delete any app (especially if paid) if they send garbage April Fools news/articles. I don't wanna wake up to see the most random stupid fake news and then be responsible for remembering its April Fools.
Woods Ag
AG
Amen.. like **** OFF already. It's not funny.
Vince Blake
TyHolden said:

They brought in UH's qb? Maybe a late round pick?

He looks to be pretty popular…
jr15aggie
AG
Well, he certainly passes the eyeball test at first glance. 6'3", 220 lbs. Good looking QB with a strong enough arm to get it way down the field but throws really nice / catchable balls with touch.

No doubt there were plenty of scouts/teams a few months ago that started watching "Tank" Dell film and figured out they needed to watch more tape of that QB.
jteagle
AG
Lots of updated mock drafts for the weekend and they are all over the place for the Cowboys.

Here is what I have seen so far.
Kancey DT Pitt

Mayer TE Notre Dame(Bijan was also available in this mock)

Kincaid TE Utah(with Mayer also available)

Jones OT Georgia

Gibbs RB Alabama

Avila OL TCU

Torrence OL Florida
Vince Blake
I am starting to feel like Avila will be the pick at 26. Position flex (G/C) O lineman that keeps them on track of replacing/upgrading pieces on the line. I could see it being like the Travis Frederick pick, media claiming its a reach on draft night and in reality Avila ends up being a steady Pro Bowl anchor on the line for years to come. It just feels like a Cowboys pick.

Where you guys leaning?
Tksymm7
AG
Sign me up. Just give a plug and play starter with our first pick and I'll be happy.
Woods Ag
AG
"Ezekiel Elliott was a one-year wonder" Skip Bayless | The Skip Bayless Show

I think Jerry will flirt with drafting the tu RB or the TCU WR if either of them are there..

I think they're locked into Mayer if he's available, but I wouldn't put it past them to draft an OL. The Minnesota C is supposed to be a good one too.

Yall see that the Cowboys have met extensively with Hendon Hooker? Let's go baby! I wish it were a possibility, but it ain't happening.
98Ag99Grad
AG
of course they have. he's a lock to be their 2nd round pick after he blew out his knee.
Woods Ag
AG
He's going to go 1st round... watch he'll end up being top 15.

What do yall think about Kayshon Boutte? Worth a flyer on him in the 3rd round if he's available? I wouldn't mind that if we can grab a couple of plug and play guys with the 1st 2 picks.
Vince Blake
Woods Ag said:

"Ezekiel Elliott was a one-year wonder" Skip Bayless | The Skip Bayless Show

I think Jerry will flirt with drafting the tu RB or the TCU WR if either of them are there..

I think they're locked into Mayer if he's available, but I wouldn't put it past them to draft an OL. The Minnesota C is supposed to be a good one too.

Yall see that the Cowboys have met extensively with Hendon Hooker? Let's go baby! I wish it were a possibility, but it ain't happening.

Could definitely see Mayer. He is getting a lot of Witten comps. PFF had a good segment on that comp in one of their latest shows. They start talking about it around the 16:15 mark.

Macarthur
I thought there were some work ethic concerns w Boutte.
Ag Natural
AG
I see the Cowboys either going with an OG or a TE if Maher (in the 1st) or the big guy from Georgia is available (in the 2nd). Both of those guys are big time blockers.

I could also see the 1st round pick going d-line if the right guy is available.
jr15aggie
AG
Vince Blake said:

I am starting to feel like Avila will be the pick at 26. Position flex (G/C) O lineman that keeps them on track of replacing/upgrading pieces on the line. I could see it being like the Travis Frederick pick, media claiming its a reach on draft night and in reality Avila ends up being a steady Pro Bowl anchor on the line for years to come. It just feels like a Cowboys pick.

Where you guys leaning?

I do think plug and play OG is the most likely scenario because I think Bijan is gone.

But this team has done a very good job of being true to their draft boards in recent years. They currently value OG more than RB... but if Bijan gets to #26, he is likely in their top 10 (top 5 possibly) and they are going to draft him. They are NOT going to draft a guy ranked 20-30 spots lower simply because we might need that particular position a bit more.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

I thought there were some work ethic concerns w Boutte.

Boutte definitely has red flags. He had them coming into the combine and apparently didn't show very well there either. A guy that probably doesn't love football and coaches have never been able to get him to fully engage.

But I also hear he has some of the best film of any WR in this class. I doubt the Cowboys even considered him until after the 2nd round though. If your "want to" is low the complexities of the NFL for WRs can eat up your guys.
jr15aggie
AG
Another name to keep in mind: Darnell Wright, OT from TN. You'll see him ranked in the top 30 pretty consistently and some say he'll be a better Guard in the NFL.

Just another name/possibility to keep in mind. Cowboys might have him rated higher than the other 2 guards we usually talk about.
gigem1223
Devin White just requested a trade from the Bucs. Yes please!
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Make it work Stephen. Pony up Jerruh. If you think you're within the window to win it all, this would be the kind of move to make.

NFC is weakest it has been in ages. Go for it.
gigem1223
The fan brought up an interesting scenario.

Trade Gallup to the Bucs for White, then trade for Hopkins.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Absolute No brainer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.