*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,313 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prisco gave it an A
Vince Blake
Macarthur
Really productive guy. One guy on twitter said OTs in the mountain west didn't stand a chance against this guy.
Macarthur
You know, one thing we might be forgetting is the Cowboys singed Ronald Jones at RB. Is anyone you are going to draft here be better than Jones or Malik Davis?
jr15aggie
AG
Here's my issue with the latest pick. Last year we had to cut a 5th round pick (Ridgeway) who signed on and did pretty well with another team. Why did we cut him... because the Dline room was too crowded.

And now, after using our 1st round pick on DT, we go back to the Dline and get a hard working tweener. We already got one of those... you know, Golsten, who we just drafted 2 years ago with a friggin 3rd round pick!

We are going to have to release some good Dline players again this year... all the while we don't have a clue who our #4 WR is. Our war room was still circle jerking when a team behind us drafted Tyler Scott.

It just doesn't make a lick of sense. How many Friggin "Dan Quinn Guys" are we going to draft every year.
Grapesoda2525
Being able to rush the passer is important, but I don't see the point in this pick when we are already pretty deep there?

Maybe they really like this kid or think he can break into the lineup?
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

Here's my issue with the latest pick. Last year we had to cut a 5th round pick (Ridgeway) who signed on and did pretty well with another team. Why did we cut him... because the Dline room was too crowded.

And now, after using our 1st round pick on DT, we go back to the Dline and get a hard working tweener. We already got one of those... you know, Golsten, who we just drafted 2 years ago with a friggin 3rd round pick!

We are going to have to release some good Dline players again this year... all the while we don't have a clue who our #4 WR is. Our war room was still circle jerking when a team behind us drafted Tyler Scott.

It just doesn't make a lick of sense. How many Friggin "Dan Quinn Guys" are we going to draft every year.

We used a 3rd already on our 4th WR last draft and a 5th in 2021 on our 5th WR.
Grapesoda2525
Dudes on the Fan including Broaddus are really high on this guy and apparently Dan Quinn was going nuts in the draft room when they got him.

Vita Vea's cousin, they said has a great motor, great run defender, was the conference defensive player of the year but it was the Mountain West. Hopefully it translates to the NFL.

Macarthur
I trust Quinn. Look, you gotta have good bodies to rotate and I think a guy like Gallimore is on notice.
Southlake
No over whelming but not under whelming either. At least there are no bone-head picks…

Not gonna waste my Saturday. I'm out. Will check back later.

Wonder if the Eagles are going to draft Stetson Bennet?
Grapesoda2525

This pick and the first round pick are clearly aimed at the 49ers. With Rodgers out of the nfc, Brady retired, the cowboys must be thinking that the 49ers are our biggest obstacle in the NFC. They have knocked us out of the playoffs 2 years ago.

Philly always seems to be a close game / grudge match type game anyway, but we gotta figure out the 49ers.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Rams already did. They might trade Hurts for him though.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

I trust Quinn. Look, you gotta have good bodies to rotate and I think a guy like Gallimore is on notice.

I get it... but you know who should really be on notice? Kelvin Joseph and Nashon Wright. Darius Rush, good CB prospect, was available. Why not add some competition there.

Gallimore was already on notice with the Mazi pick. Fihoko is either going to get cut or force us to cut somebody else who is already a pretty decent backup.

I just can't believe there was nobody else on the board that we couldn't have taken to add competition to another position.
gigem1223
Hodges-Tomlinson is still there. I really liked him at TCU.
gigem1223
They also lost Carlos Watkins and Gallimore is likely going to get cut. They needed DL bodies and more importantly guys that can stop the run.
Macarthur
I hear ya. I think CB is def a need.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Asim Richards, T, North Carolina
Infection_Ag11
AG
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

I get it... but you know who should really be on notice? Kelvin Joseph and Nashon Wright. Darius Rush, good CB prospect, was available. Why not add some competition there.

Gallimore was already on notice with the Mazi pick. Fihoko is either going to get cut or force us to cut somebody else who is already a pretty decent backup.

I just can't believe there was nobody else on the board that we couldn't have taken to add competition to another position.

We have 5 guys at corner that are stone cold locks to make the roster. It's REALLY hard to justify anything except a very, very late pick on a guy who MIGHT make it as a sixth corner and special teamer.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
5?

I count 4... Diggs, Gilmore, Bland, and Lewis. We have no idea what to expect from Lewis, he had a tough injury.

You might count Goodwin as #5 but he's special teams only. We 100% needed bodies and competition at the CB spot. Diggs and Gillmore might not be here next year either.
Vince Blake
Just traded up
gigem1223
Eric Scott Jr. CB - southern miss
beerad12man
AG
Saw a corner and traded up
Tksymm7
AG
Y'all got your wish
Macarthur
Scott was a guy that didn't have a great 40 time but huge vertical and broad jump numbers. Was a playmaker in college. Some saying he could be a candidate to move to safety.
jr15aggie
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Y'all got your wish

6th round CB wasn't my wish.

My wish was to NOT spend 4 of our first 5 picks on the front 7!
Vince Blake
A 4.71 40 for a corner?
Macarthur
Really interesting how a guy can be that explosive jumping but fairly slow in the 40.
Grapesoda2525
Vince Blake said:

A 4.71 40 for a corner?

Maybe he and McCarthy will go on a diet this summer and the speed numbers will be better in the fall.
bonfarr
AG
If he doesn't get drafted I can see them signing RB Deuce Vaughn from K State to a free agent deal , his dad is a Cowboys Scout so they know a great deal about him.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Macarthur
Ok, so I saw someone on Twitter said Scott pulled a hamstring during that 40 time. Not sure if true but that could explain the time.

I watched a short clip on YouTube and he certainly doesn't look slow.
Vince Blake
Here we go
Macarthur
If he did run that 4.42, combined w those jumping numbers, he could be a great find.

He also is around the ball and had two pick 6s.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like the first 2 picks, am so-so on Overshown, and do not like that 4th round pick at all. Seems like a reach at a deep position with guys I liked better at positions where they could actually play on the board. Anything after 4 is a crapshoot so don't have much opinion either way
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I like the first 2 picks, am so-so on Overshown, and hate that 4th round pick. Seems like a reach at a deep position with guys I liked better at positions where they could actually play on the board. Anything after 4 is a crapshoot so don't have much opinion either way

Nice post. I think you explained my frustration. Was very underwhelmed with the Overshown pick which turned into full blown WTF in the 4th.

They had all night to prep for Day 3 and that's what they decided to do.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They have an offense largely devoid of playmakers and questions on the OL, and have now spent over 2/3 of their draft picks during the McCarthy era on defense

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.