*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,230 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
LeagueCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Kashchei said:

Another arch-rival in the SB. It's just numbing at this point.
Right after the Astros win another World Series too. Dallas sports fans have had it rough this past year.

Not trying to add on... that's one of the ONLY things I have going for me in sports. I'm an Austin area guy and grew up loving the Cowboys (duh) and the Astros (had HOU family and went to tons of Astros games as a kid).

The Astros success just amplifies what I want for The Cowbos. Stros won in 2017 and this season was crazy enjoyable win or lose because the recent success trumped all. I'd love nothing more than for The Cowboys to win another championship and we can all just enjoy the good seasons whether we win it all or not.

The 25+ year drought makes it so hard to appreciate anything Cowboys related.
A Cowboys fan that's also an astros fan?

It's actually pretty common outside of the Metroplex. I lived in Austin for a few years a knew a couple of Cowboys/Astros/Spurs fans.
DannyDuberstein
AG
. . . said:

Writing was on the wall with his response Friday. Moore wasn't bad, but I feel like he was very inconsistent (especially at the wrong time) at putting good plans and sequences together. And getting stale like JG. We've seen everything he can do and it's just not good enough
jr15aggie
AG
. . . said:

Holy S*!

If this is true, it's some of the best Cowboys news / bold move Jerry has made in 2 decades. Statistically, the Cowboys offense was really good. But we all knew the truth. Kellen held us back and was not the ideal play caller.

I'm 100% on board with Dan Quinn running the defense and McCarthy (anybody but Moore) running the offense.
DannyDuberstein
AG
David Moore reporting it means it's 100% true
jtstanley4621
AG
I declare war on their kind and hope to meet them on the battlefield
Tksymm7
AG
This just goes to show you that Jerry was PISSED with the performance of the offense in that Niner game. I would not be surprised that behind that scenes, Jerry has absolutely put the heat on Dak.
45-70Ag
AG
And McCarthy is naming himself as play caller. Not sure if that's an upgrade
jtstanley4621
AG
45-70Ag said:

Yeah can we please not have a cycle of him taking and giving away playcalling duties? Hire an actual OC
Macarthur
No issue w McCarthy calling plays.

This was a really bold move. I was not expecting the Jones' to allow MM to do this. I think it's a good sign that they are willing make changes. Now we need to go get some weapons.
45-70Ag
AG
Looking back at his play calling with Rodgers. It's part of what got him fired in Green Bay.
wangus12
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Kashchei said:

Right after the Astros win another World Series too. Dallas sports fans have had it rough this past year.

Not trying to add on... that's one of the ONLY things I have going for me in sports. I'm an Austin area guy and grew up loving the Cowboys (duh) and the Astros (had HOU family and went to tons of Astros games as a kid).

The Astros success just amplifies what I want for The Cowbos. Stros won in 2017 and this season was crazy enjoyable win or lose because the recent success trumped all. I'd love nothing more than for The Cowboys to win another championship and we can all just enjoy the good seasons whether we win it all or not.

I'm kinda in this boat. Grew up closer HOU and following all those, but when the Oilers left my family just stopped caring about the NFL. By the time the Texans should up, we just didn't really care anymore.

Now that I've lived in Dallas for a decade after college. Cowboys overshadow all sports talk and news up here so its on 24/7. I'm certainly not a diehard or anything, but we do tend to watch them when they're playing
Silvertaps
AG
This confirms me questioning why a team (or teams) were reported to be interviewing Moore. I didn't think he's done anything to be that attractive.
TyHolden
AG
so we're getting Rogers
FWAppraiser
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

45-70Ag said:

Yeah can we please not have a cycle of him taking and giving away playcalling duties? Hire an actual OC

I don't think we'll see "a cycle". This will either work, or McCarthy won't be the coach of the Cowboys in 2024.
DannyDuberstein
AG
FWAppraiser said:

jtstanley4621 said:

45-70Ag said:

I don't think we'll see "a cycle". This will either work, or McCarthy won't be the coach of the Cowboys in 2024.

Agree. His career here is basically in SB or bust territory now, and Moore has had a LONG stretch at OC demonstrating he just doesn't have it. This is do or die time
TxLawDawg
AG
FWAppraiser said:

jtstanley4621 said:

45-70Ag said:

Maybe Jerry got Dan Quinn to stay by telling him he would be HC next year if MM doesn't get it done.
Kashchei
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Kashchei said:

It's actually pretty common outside of the Metroplex. I lived in Austin for a few years a knew a couple of Cowboys/Astros/Spurs fans.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm an Astros fan too. They make up for the Aggies and Cowboys. Stars are TBD this year.
PatAg
AG
Kashchei said:

LeagueCityAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Kashchei said:

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm an Astros fan too. They make up for the Aggies and Cowboys. Stars are TBD this year.
Must be nice
TyHolden
AG
Kashchei said:

LeagueCityAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Kashchei said:

I'm pretty neutral on the baseball teams. I typically root for whoever is winning. don't really care for nba.
Tksymm7
AG
The NBA has taken a huge downhill dive. It's unwatchable right now imo.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not sure I like him calling plays. I thought he did much better this year with timeouts and overall game management. Him being OC distracts him from that IMO.
gigem1223
I don't blame him for taking the play calling on. This is his make or break year and he knows it. Having DQ on the other side of the ball definitely helps as well.
Tksymm7
AG
He's still going to hire an OC too, hopefully someone who will bring some Shanahan schemes to our offense.
TyHolden
AG
Tksymm7 said:

He's still going to hire an OC too, hopefully someone who will bring some Shanahan schemes to our offense.
He should grab Dan Mullen
gigem1223
We need an OC and QB coach that can get the absolute best out of Dak.
chris1515
AG
Michael Lombardi on his podcast was talking about how McCarthy really wants Brian Schottenheimer running the offense. He was a consultant all this year.

jtstanley4621
AG
chris1515 said:

Michael Lombardi on his podcast was talking about how McCarthy really wants Brian Schottenheimer running the offense. He was a consultant all this year.
Brian Schottenheimer has had a bunch of different chances to be an OC and it hasn't worked. He was a big time weakness for those peak Rex Ryan Jets teams, and got fired by Seattle for sucking down the stretch in 2020. Most recently he was not retained by Pederson when he took over in Jacksonville.

Kellen Moore is a slightly above middle of the road OC. IMO replacing him with Schottenheimer would be a pretty big downgrade. He's really only in the NFL because of his dad
PatAg
AG
If he is taking on the playcalling, does it really matter who the OC is?
Tksymm7
AG
I don't think it's for sure he's taking on play-calling. ESPN just reported that it's a possibility, but not a certainty as they will be looking for an OC. My guess is that they if they can get someone they really like, they will call plays. If they can't, then McCarthy it is.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The McCarthy offense can be good but I don't trust him to run an offense and manage a team much like I don't trust Fisher to.

This time next year Dan Quinn will be head coach w a new offensive scheme in place

The Jones family loves scapegoating others not realizing they are the one constant over the years.
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

If he is taking on the playcalling, does it really matter who the OC is?
Then it should be Darryl Dickey
Tksymm7
AG
I want a Patrick Mahomes.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

I want a Patrick Mahomes.

And I want a $100MM
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I don't think it's for sure he's taking on play-calling. ESPN just reported that it's a possibility, but not a certainty as they will be looking for an OC. My guess is that they if they can get someone they really like, they will call plays. If they can't, then McCarthy it is.

We'll see, but David Moore, the DMN Cowboys beat writer, is the one reporting it . I trust his info over anyone when it comes to Dallas
Tksymm7
AG
Touche

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.