*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,120 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Vince Blake
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Macarthur said:

Abanikanda is an interesting name to keep in mind at RB.
I might have taken him last round. Might not make it to us again.
Grapesoda2525
Still waiting on that RB
Grapesoda2525
Something to consider for those who don't like the TE pick.

jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Still waiting on that RB

I know brother! It was nice having another RB advocate I could agree with. The good news is there are still good ones out there.

Abanikanda and McBride have caught my eye at times. And it sounds like lots of people are really high on Roschon Johnson (I didn't study him so I can't say). Chase Brown is another name.
jr15aggie
AG
Nice post on Schoon... what I will say is I'm glad we didn't take Musgraves. Last couple of weeks talked me out of that guy. He's seen the field very little due to injuries, yet he's got more career drops than Kincaid who's got a crap ton more balls thrown at him.

Schoonmaker is not only an AWESOME TE name, I'm happy with a guy that can do it all. The fact that he tested elite in so many categories is a welcome surprise!
Woods Ag
AG
That dude out of USC was pretty good too if I remember correctly.

Bigsby was the one I had my eye on, but I'm happy waiting.
Wabs
AG
Now that Achane and Bigsby are gone, wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys pick Deuce Vaughn from K-State.

ETA: probably could get him in the 5th or 6th.
Tksymm7
AG
Probably won't happen because of where he's at, but I'd also be really happen Roschon Johnson. Kid is very good and an all world human being.
Macarthur
The more I read today, the more I think lots of folks like Schoomaker.

Also, I think the 4th has got be between RB and G.

Here's 3 G's I like:
Zavala NC State
Bradford LSU
Mafi UCLA

I think Zavala def goes in the 4th, those other two might be there in the 5th
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo said:

Vince Blake said:

And Bigsby gone

Thank God. Should've went Avilla in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd.

Just saw it was Ocyrus that slipped to the 2nd…. Glad we didn't draft him.

Also just saw the big TE from Georgia that looks like he's one NFL off-season from turning into a RT had knee question marks.

I'm receiving the asswhip of a lifetime at Disney and can't really follow. Luckily, I'll have plenty of time to catch up in the airport and plane tomorrow.

Really interested to see how Hyatt translates to the NFL. Analysts say they couldn't get a read on him because his scheme always got him wide open but good grief the guy moves smooth.

Surprised the Jones didn't go Sanders in the 2nd but I bet they didn't trust his instincts as a LB. Still a project.

I think the monster RT from Ohio St can beat out Steele unless he lets himself get out of shape. He's a monster and rarely got beat by speed rushers. Huge value in the 4th.
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of injury flags on guys. The Ohio State tackle has injuries all over his body including multiple stingers. He's off many teams boards.

TE Washington's knee is apparently trashed.

And I'm hearing Zavala also has red flags on him too... so if he's there and we pass there is a reason.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thar RB from Pitt is still available. Think he was mentioned several pages back.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Lots of injury flags on guys. The Ohio State tackle has injuries all over his body including multiple stingers. He's off many teams boards.

TE Washington's knee is apparently trashed.

And I'm hearing Zavala also has red flags on him too... so if he's there and we pass there is a reason.

that's interesting on Zavala. I had not seen that. The dude is stout as all get out though.
fatherof4
Any interest in Joey Fisher as a guard? Cool story about him working as a locksmith for a couple of years before getting back into football. He did 40 reps on the bench.
Ag Natural
AG
It will be interesting to see the plan for left guard. I doubt we see a real contributor available this late. At RB, I'm not worried. I even think Malik Davis can be a good player.

I love the new Cowboys. Not flashy. Big, fast, physical at every position. Let the Eagles get all the hype.
Macarthur
David Moore did say they liked the idea of some OT being kicked inside to G.
Tksymm7
AG
This is where I'm at with the Schoonmaker pick as well. I still think it's more a "solid" pick than a home run, but his athleticism is really sneaky. His RAS score was really eye opening, and in comparison Jake Ferguson's RAS score was 6.74 and Dalton Shultz's was 7.11. Still needs to get better from a football perspective, but that's where coaches come in.
Woods Ag
AG
At RB:
Zach Evans
Chris Rodriguez
Travis Dye

WR:
Kashon Boutte

OL:
Luke Wypler
Andrew Vorhees

LB:
Noah Sewell

DB
Eli Ricks
Jaylon Jones
Antonio Johnson

There is plenty of good players left to fill the holes we need filled. This is just a list of players I'd take a flyer in. Would draft Wyoler next if he's there.

gigem1223
What a fall from grace for Boutte. Dude was a first rounder last year. May be a steal in the 4th.
gigem1223
Ag Natural said:

It will be interesting to see the plan for left guard. I doubt we see a real contributor available this late. At RB, I'm not worried. I even think Malik Davis can be a good player.

I love the new Cowboys. Not flashy. Big, fast, physical at every position. Let the Eagles get all the hype.

One guy the front office is really high on that people forget about is Farniok. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play LG next season.
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

Ag Natural said:

One guy the front office is really high on that people forget about is Farniok. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play LG next season.

True. I beleive they really like Waletzco too. He showed out early and then had any injury last year. They also still probably think Tyron can play. Mccarthy talked about most growth coming from your 2nd and 3rd year players making a jump. Reports are that Steele is way ahead of schedule on his rehab as well.
98Ag99Grad
AG
If I'm ever chosen to announce a late round pick for the boys you all have my permission to kick my ass if I act as stupid as some of these people.
Tksymm7
AG
The eagles drafted Ringo, that's 5 defenders from Georgia's defense lol
gigem1223
Antonio Johnson is still there. OL has been wiped out. Chris Rodriguez or Zach Evans?
Macarthur
gigem1223 said:

Antonio Johnson is still there. OL has been wiped out. Chris Rodriguez or Zach Evans?

David Moore has said he gets the feeling Dallas isn't too keen on Evans.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Eagles have acquired Swift from Detroit.
Tksymm7
AG
Another Georgia player.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Fehoko. Edge rusher from San Jose St.
gigem1223
Junior Fehoko. Draft show guys are pumped about it.

Cousin of Vita Vea
jr15aggie
AG
I remember a couple days ago when Mac and I were in agreement that we needed juice for the offense.

Good times picking all defense this draft.
bert harbinson
AG
Now there's a Ribby Paultz player-man name.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

I remember a couple days ago when Mac and I were in agreement that we needed juice for the offense.

Good times picking all defense this draft.
Spaceship
AG
Love what Dallas is doing in the front 7 in this draft, but the next pick needs to be an explosive WR or RB.
Macarthur
Twitter world thinks this is a good pick m
Zachary Klement
AG
Boutte would be a nice add.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.