*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,125 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Vince Blake
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like PFF gets this way every year once they start combining external player rankings to go along with their grades. The algorithm always refuses to draft certain players.

Tank Dell, Karl Brooks, Mcbride and a handfull of others are always available 2-3 rounds after they should be gone. Sorta ruins the fun and makes it way too repetitive.
Carlo4
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Southlake said:

Kellso said:

Southlake said:

Anybody listen to Jerry's press conference?

Dude is completely delusional:

Zeke is better than we think. SanFran has been just as unsuccessful as the Cowboys. ( in the last 12 years, SF has been to the NFC championship 6 of the last 12 years with a superbowl appearance 3 years ago)

His is where the Cowboys problems start…
The last time the 49ers won the Super Bowl was in 1994.
Haters and critics of the Cowboys love to never give Jones or the Cowboys credit for any of their accomplishment, but always want to hype up other teams.

49ers have had some great teams over the past 15 years. They've also had a bunch of crummy teams including the 2020 season.

Their Super Bowl drought is just as long as the Cowboys. They've also been stuck on 5 for a long time.

The 49ers have been to the NFC Championship game 50% of the last 12 years. That's 6 of the last 12 years. They just lost to the Chiefs in the SuperBowl two years ago.

The Cowboys haven't sniffed that kind of success.

Who are you? Jerry Junior??
Thanks for doing the math for us on 50% of 12
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin.
Carlo4
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

you guys think we need a TE that early? I really like Ferguson and Hindershot for that matter.
It's not that we think it... We know Jerry is going to waste a big 1st or 2nd day pick on something we don't need....
Macarthur
Carlo4 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

you guys think we need a TE that early? I really like Ferguson and Hindershot for that matter.
It's not that we think it... We know Jerry is going to waste a big 1st or 2nd day pick on something we don't need....

What I do know is that 3 of the final 4 teams had very good to elite TE play. I think having an outstanding TE really does wonders for an offense.
Tksymm7
AG
Carlo4 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Now if you want to argue the 2nd round, have at it, because I feel like we missed a lot of 2nds. But the cowboys have done tremendously well with first rounders.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's not a need, but again, if you have a game-changer fall into your lap, you take him. That goes for TE or anywhere else. That's how you got Micah. That's how you got CeeDee.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It's not a need, but again, if you have a game-changer fall into your lap, you take him. That goes for TE or anywhere else. That's how you got Micah. That's how you got CeeDee.

Exactly. This is not a strong WR class and the guys that will probably be available to us in the 1st/2nd round are smaller slot guys which we really don't need considering CD does a lot of his damage from that spot.

The point is, we aren't going to see 5 or 6 WRs taken ahead of our pick this year... the teams ahead of us will be looking at the top guys at other positions. We should consider ourselves lucky and sprint to the podium if we get a chance to draft a TE, RB, OG/OT, or CB that has a 1st round grade at 26!
Tksymm7
AG
The issue is, I highly doubt there are 26 true first round grade players.
jr15aggie
AG
Tksymm7 said:

The issue is, I highly doubt there are 26 true first round grade players.

There aren't, that was my point. If we get to 26 and there is a guy with a 1st round grade you probably take him. Doesn't matter if he's a TE or a RB.

But I don't think there will be this year... I think we end up with a CB, WR, or maybe a Guard with a high 2nd round grade at 26. Me personally, if the 1st round grades are wiped out, I'd add Jahmyr Gibbs into the conversation as well. Guaranteed bad ass playmaker day 1, that's what he is and that's what you like to get from your 1st round pick!
Vince Blake
From snippets I've seen on Twitter

Cowboys have talked to so far Demarvion Overshown, linebacker from sip. Joey Porter Jr., corner from Penn St. Mekhi Garner, corner from LSU.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim

jr15aggie
AG
Lots of 1st/2nd/3rd round CBs on that list.
TyHolden
AG
They misspelled Achane…
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Tag pollard
Draft DB or LB at 26
Other in 2nd or OL
Draft Achane in 3rd
Trade for D Hopkins
Sign G from eagles
Sign a FA CB for depth
Resign Dono if price is right
alvtimes
If the Cowboys are looking at defensive guys, I want Parsons sitting in on the interview….. let him decide if they have the want to.
Also the fact that PFF doesnt see RB as a need for the Cowboys is mind bottling!
Ag Natural
AG
alvtimes said:

If the Cowboys are looking at defensive guys, I want Parsons sitting in on the interview….. let him decide if they have the want to.
Also the fact that PFF doesnt see RB as a need for the Cowboys is mind bottling!

Players are notoriously the worst evaluators.
Southlake
Overshown was unblockable and underrated.
DannyDuberstein
AG
alvtimes said:

Two words: David Lefluer
alvtimes
Lafluer had a bad back….Dr Aikman shoulda noted that in predraft physical. Dang guys… i didnt mean let Parsons go to the podium an make the pick without any other input.
Tksymm7
AG
I know this is hyperbolic, but I think Nolan Smith is the closest thing to Myles Garrett we've seen since. He's not as big or physically a strong as Myles, but what he lacks in strength he sure makes up for with speed and quickness. I'm honestly not sure how you could draft Will Anderson above him now.
BowSowy
AG
Will Anderson has tons more production than Nolan Smith, and athletically is not that far behind. I am surprised you think Nolan Smith is closer to a Myles Garrett clone than Will Anderson, to be honest.

I'd be wary that Nolan Smith is this year's underwear olympics winner who goes too high based on workout measurables and not actual production.
Tksymm7
AG
Will Anderson ran a 4.69, Nolan Smith ran a 4.39...they are just numbers to be fair, but that is a huge difference that probably extrapolates out to all of the athletic tests and numbers.
TyHolden
AG
Cowboys pick up Nolan Smith in the first and then Achane in the second. Pure speed draft.
Macarthur
Anderson had production but he also had a knack for disappearing at times. I'm not as sold in him being a sure thing. I think he's going to be good but not sure about great, which is what you are expecting w a top 3 pick.
TyHolden
AG
Achane gonna show up Sunday weighing 210 and run a sub-4.2.
Ag Natural
AG
TyHolden said:

Cowboys pick up Nolan Smith in the first and then Achane in the second. Pure speed draft.
One can dream. That would be amazing.
Vince Blake
No shock here
DannyDuberstein
AG
The tag will cost about $10 mill. You could even tag him again for $12mm.

In the meantime, Daniel Jones wants more than $45 mill LOL
jr15aggie
AG
100% tag Pollard. Avoid the dreaded 2nd contract for RBs, especially for a guy coming off a semi major leg injury. Sorry Tony, but it's business. Take your 10 million and enjoy it.

By comparison, it would cost around 14 mil to tag Dono.

It's a no brainer. Pollard plays under the tag or he doesn't play at all. Let's do it and focus on free agency and the draft.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Yup. Resign Steele. Restructure Tyron and go sign a mauler LG and bump Tyler Smith back to LT. now 77 is your swing tackle. OL fixed, Pollard/Davis/rookie, and go find an outside WR.
Tksymm7
AG
I'm not yelling or talking at you, just want to respond to the overall notion that some experts/media people etc thing Tyler Smith goes back to LG. On what planet is that a good idea? Did they not see him play a good solid tackle all year???
Tksymm7
AG
Jalin Hyatt performing very well at the combine. I still don't think he's a true first rounder, but he's right around 30-40.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
100% needs to move to LT and replace 77. I'll admit I hated the pick and thought they reached big time. He needs to stay LT and go sign a beast LG. Steele had a great year at RT and he's a great run blocker. Add some depth and whatever a restructured Tyron Smith gives us is all bonus
Macarthur
I will say this about the OT position. 73 played much better than I think any of us expected, but he and Steele were below average in pass blocking if you believe much of the advanced metrics. Now, they were both well above avaerage in run blocking. I think 77 prob needs to be the swing but I would be surprised if he wants to be a backup

As for Steele, great run blocker but still struggles in pass pro. I'm in favor of resigning him but I would be very weary of paying him big money because I don't think he's worthy of big money. Will be interesting to see if Steele wants top $.
Vince Blake
Updated combine visits as of this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.