*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,185 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Vince Blake
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We only have two picks today, but I agree that getting one of Washington and Musgrove, or Achane and a Guard would be ideal.
zgolfz85
AG
Tksymm7 said:

We only have two picks today, but I agree that getting one of Washington and Musgrove, or Achane and a Guard would be ideal.
or do we....

I wouldn't mind seeing a move up giving up some later draft collateral to get some much needed offensive pieces
Tksymm7
AG
Totally agree. I would be more than fine with them going all in on gaining an extra pick today and saying screw it to the back end of this draft.
zgolfz85
AG
for anyone feeling sorry about Will Levis:

PooDoo
AG
zgolfz85 said:

gigem1223 said:

Here's another big reason why Carter slipped

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/28/jalen-carter-overcame-not-great-feedback-from-georgia-coaches-to-stay-in-top-10/

His own college coaches didn't like him apparently. 2 red flags now.
would be a real shame if he flopped in philly

Ag Natural
AG
No team gets more hype for their "roster building" than Philly. Nobody mentions how their defense got absolutely slaughtered against good offenses last season. They led the league in pressure and sacks but played an absolute dog ****e schedule. The Cowboys with Dak and KC in the Super Bowl were by FAR the best two offenses they faced and it was ugly.
Macarthur
I agree. I do think Philly gets a lot of hype. They made it to the Super Bowl so they deserve credit for that but their schedules should be much tougher this year.
coastalAg
AG
Ag Natural said:

No team gets more hype for their "roster building" than Philly. Nobody mentions how their defense got absolutely slaughtered against good offenses last season. They led the league in pressure and sacks but played an absolute dog ****e schedule. The Cowboys with Dak and KC in the Super Bowl were by FAR the best two offenses they faced and it was ugly.
The twitter nerds love the Eagles. They were pretty middling between Super Bowl appearances. I will give them credit for making tough decisions on Pederson, Foles, Wentz. Drafting and building an offense around Hurts was a great move.

But the thought that everything they touch turns to gold is false. They have had plenty of misses too.
Macarthur
If you listened to David Moore on the Ticket last night, this was a name he brought up that the Cowboys love as a OT in college but G in the NFL. Could be a real possiblity at 58

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/Matthew-Bergeron/99658/draft-profile
Ag Natural
AG
coastalAg said:

Ag Natural said:

The twitter nerds love the Eagles. They were pretty middling between Super Bowl appearances. I will give them credit for making tough decisions on Pederson, Foles, Wentz. Drafting and building an offense around Hurts was a great move.

But the thought that everything they touch turns to gold is false. They have had plenty of misses too.
Yeah it's hard to argue that they aren't good. I just get annoyed when a talking head says "woah, those Eagles really building on the line. That Roseman guy is a genius!"
Macarthur
What would everyone think about this for day 2:

58 - M. Burgeron T/G Syracuse
90 - T. Bigsby RB
Tksymm7
AG
Yes on Bigsby. Depends on who's available around 58 at WR, TE, and CB for me. I still think we need weapons on offense, but T/G help is always welcomed if they can play from day 1. If they do go the T/G route, I really would like them to get someone who could slide out and play tackle at a decent clip if need be. The health of Smith and Steele has me a little uneasy.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

What would everyone think about this for day 2:

58 - M. Burgeron T/G Syracuse
90 - T. Bigsby RB

Sign me up. I'm all for plugging up the Oline in the 2nd. At RB I'm hoping for a more explosive player such as Spears, but he probably doesn't make it to the 3rd.
Wabs
AG
Wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys draft Achane with one of the next 2 picks.
zgolfz85
AG
big fan of bigsby. dude would be a good complement to pollard at 6 ft 215
zgolfz85
AG
I also wouldn't hate chris rodriguez in 5th round or later. can't believe that dude's not getting more love
Tksymm7
AG
I believe he's got some significant character concerns.
Macarthur
Agree also on the getting someone explosive.

A name I like is AT Perry out of Wake. He's a traditional X WR that is long and fast. I don't think though he will be there at 90 so you may have to grab him at 58.
PooDoo
AG
zgolfz85 said:

big fan of bigsby. dude would be a good complement to pollard at 6 ft 215

If you watch Bigsby's games, he doesn't have great vision. Sometimes it looks like he just closes his eyes and runs.
Great physical tools and will be effective if the holes open up where the play is designed but there will be more instinctive runners available late.
Ag Natural
AG
My gut tells me that MM is going to want a bruiser available as a RB. Maybe they think Ronald Jones fills that role already. Personally I'd prefer Achane or one of the other explosive guys. I also think Achane is going play at 15-20 lbs heavier in the NFL. He won't be training for T&F in the offseason anymore.
zgolfz85
AG
Ag Natural said:

My gut tells me that MM is going to want a bruiser available as a RB. Maybe they think Ronald Jones fills that role already. Personally I'd prefer Achane or one of the other explosive guys. I also think Achane is going play at 15-20 lbs heavier in the NFL. He won't be training for T&F in the offseason anymore.

Totally agree there. I think he'll easily be able to pack on that muscle and he already plays bigger than he is toughness wise anyhow
Macarthur
I know it seems that most everybody is on board with Smith at 26.

I found this a really good watch. I think he's got more upside rushing the passer than what he's gotten credit for. Also, there's several instances of him getting a ton of pressure that allowed someone else to make a play. Just looking at sack numbers could be a bit misleading. at the 8min mark there's some Ohio State reps and he was really impressive against top competition.

jr15aggie
AG
When you have an elite pass rush off the edge (which we do) you need push in the middle to keep the QB from climbing the pocket.

We've been very average in recent years with our middle push... one can hope Mazi makes a big difference here. If he does, we should see an up-tick in sacks and completion % should drop as well.

The point being, he is going to help our pass defense as well as what he can do against the run.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I want Charbonnet as the RB today.
Macarthur
98Ag99Grad said:

I want Charbonnet as the RB today.

He would be a nice get.

Macarthur
What do you guys think about Mingo out of Ole Miss?

I think he's a guy who's best football is ahead of him. Prob not a 1 but could be a very good #2.
Macarthur
C. Jones is another guy that is going to be a solid pro for a decade. He's not a traditional X, as he's kinda small.

jteagle
AG
This is pretty good!

Tksymm7
AG
Darnell Washington winner in my book just from that entrance.
Tksymm7
AG
The lions are reaching all over the place jeez
zgolfz85
AG
I like la porta a lot, was rally hoping he'd fall to us, but not surprised
jr15aggie
AG
Tksymm7 said:

The lions are reaching all over the place jeez

And every round they are taking guys that were supposed to be available to Dallas 20 spots later. Jack asses!
Tksymm7
AG
The run on TEs begins
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, it sucks when the next round starts and every pick is a player you would have taken.

That's what happened the year we got Bossman... pretty much every friggin pick before us was a player we wanted.
Tksymm7
AG
Lol you can't script better who's gotten picked.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.