*******Official Cowboys Offseason 2023*******

122,124 Views | 1943 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Vince Blake
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Sounds like people hate this draft jeez…
Yeah I'm not getting very good vibes. Plenty of good players, but not a ton of stand out elite prospects.

It's one of the reasons why I'm so high on getting a WR via free agency. A lot of people are saying the top WRs in this class grade out similar to Treylon Burks last year... 1st round WR, but he was also the 6th one off the board and had a mostly "meh" rookie year.

I'm scared going into the draft if we HAVE to get a WR. I'd much prefer to get that position out of the way and take BPA. I don't want a RB round 1, but I'd feel much better about Bijan than the 4th or 5th best WR in this class.

But then again, I as PISSED about Tyler Smith so what do I know!
Tksymm7
AG
I think WR, RB, CB/S are very strong in this draft. It's the traditional high round pick positions like DE, DT, OT and QB that have everyone a bit discouraged. Take Bryce Young for example. The dude is a bona fire winner, successful as heck and by all accounts very cerebral, BUT, he's barely 6', isn't particularly fast, doesn't have the best arm etc. I just think think there's not a lot of sure fire, Myles Garrett level players in this draft who don't have many, or any weaknesses.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jr15aggie said:

Tksymm7 said:

Sounds like people hate this draft jeez…
Yeah I'm not getting very good vibes. Plenty of good players, but not a ton of stand out elite prospects.

It's one of the reasons why I'm so high on getting a WR via free agency. A lot of people are saying the top WRs in this class grade out similar to Treylon Burks last year... 1st round WR, but he was also the 6th one off the board and had a mostly "meh" rookie year.

I'm scared going into the draft if we HAVE to get a WR. I'd much prefer to get that position out of the way and take BPA. I don't want a RB round 1, but I'd feel much better about Bijan than the 4th or 5th best WR in this class.

But then again, I as PISSED about Tyler Smith so what do I know!

I'll give Dallas the benefit of the doubt when it comes to first round picks. Outside of Taco Charlton, they have done very well in the first round over the last 10 years.
Rex Racer
AG
Congratulations to Chuck Howley and DeMarcus Ware on being selected to the HoF!
Ag Natural
AG
Rex Racer said:

Congratulations to Chuck Howley and DeMarcus Lawrence on being selected to the HoF!

Wow, DLaw is still playing
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good to see Howley get in. 25 career INTs, which given he was a LB is nuts. His ball-hawking is why he was the first defensive player to win the Super Bowl MVP, and he's the only SB MVP from the losing team.

And Ware was a no-brainer
Rex Racer
AG
Ag Natural said:

Rex Racer said:

Congratulations to Chuck Howley and DeMarcus Lawrence on being selected to the HoF!

Wow, DLaw is still playing
Brain fart.
Southlake
That SI cover pic of Howley and Renfro trying to block that FG
Tksymm7
AG
Jalen Hurts is the eagles offense.
jr15aggie
AG
I gotta say... as much as I'd love for the Cowboys to have made it to the Super Bowl, I'm not sure I could have handled that call going against us with a championship on the line.

The Refs are just the worst sometimes. Screw Philly and all that, but what a brutal call
Tksymm7
AG
Do you think that would've been called a hold in week 5? I lean towards yes. It's a tough way to end the Super Bowl no doubt, but if it's a flag in week 5 then you should call it in a Super Bowl.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag Natural
AG
F the Eagles. Refs screwed them so what
PatAg
AG
Eagles should have considered getting a single stop in the 2nd half
Ag12thman
AG
Was an atrocious call at the point in the game. Just horrid.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ag Natural said:

F the Eagles. Refs screwed them so what

Exactly. F those chumps
Kashchei
AG
Don't care if it was a bad call or not. They would be all over us if we were in the same position. **** em. Trash city and trash fans.
Southlake
Chiefs had a forced fumble for a TD called back in the first half on a questionable reversal.

Punt return won it for KC.

Eagles are going to be on a mission next year.

Whole NFC East is going to be brutal next year.
Unemployed
AG
Lost the World Series. Lost the Super Bowl.

Philly is trash. I'm glad they got screwed by the refs.
Dr Lane Trowlan
RealTalk said:

Lost the World Series. Lost the Super Bowl.

Philly is trash. I'm glad they got screwed by the refs.

Not that anyone cares about kickball, but they also lost the MLS final. And yes, Philly is garbage.
Run The Damn Ball
Grapesoda2525
Philly was by far the luckiest team in 2022. Their schedule was extremely easy and they coasted to the Super Bowl in games that were pretty much uncontested by beating a worn out giants team and a 49ers team with a QB who couldn't throw a pass. Heck even mahomes was hurt before their game and he aggravated that injury in the first half.

Hopefully some of the older eagles on both lines retire like fletcher cox, suh, Johnson, or Kelce.
98Ag99Grad
AG

Tksymm7
AG
I am beyond happy the Eagles lost that game. There are very few teams/cities I hate more. That being said, I was super impressed with how Jalen Hurts played last night. Not only was he 89% of their total offense, he made some super impressive throws and was so incredibly dangerous with his legs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The stars aligned perfectly for them this year and they ended up just short. They are going to lose a ton of talent in FA
Tksymm7
AG
I think they're old too. Cox and Kelce are legit retire risks (especially Kelce), Slay is 32-33, Graham is 34, Lane Johnson can't stay healthy, the list goes on and on. They are also going to have to pay Jalen Hurts 40+. The good news for them is that they have really good draft picks and are a solid drafting team.
Frank Grimes
AG
Even without the defensive holding call, the Chiefs would have made a field goal. The Eagles would have had to tie or win the game with less than 2 minutes remaining, and there is no guaranty on that. (Plus, he held the receiver and even admitted as much.)
PatAg
AG
I'm torn between adding an elite WR/TE in the draft, or an elite LB/DB/S if there is one versus an elite OL if there is one.
Basically I dont know who is available beyond there being some good TEs and WRs in the draft.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The stars aligned perfectly for them this year and they ended up just short. They are going to lose a ton of talent in FA

This is why I feel like this next year is possibly our last chance. We have some key rookie contracts expiring over the next 2-3 years and either way we are going to lose key players when we are faced with those cap decisions.

But next year... 3 of our best players are still on rookie deals (Parsons, Diggs, CD). That's Pro Bowl / All Pro talent at CB, Edge Rusher, WR and none of them hurt our cap.

IMO the time is now to go all in. Load up where you can and lets ride. If that means we cannot re-sign Diggs (who will no doubt want the richest CB contract ever signed) then so be it. But with Quinn coming back, Kellen gone, and a very talented team with young players that are still getting better... we can make a real run next year. But we're going to have to go get some real free agent talent to help push us over the top.
TyHolden
AG
Cowboys need to trade back like I do on PFF. I always get a top wr, lb, de, and heydon hooker. It's that simple.
Macarthur
PatAg said:

I'm torn between adding an elite WR/TE in the draft, or an elite LB/DB/S if there is one versus an elite OL if there is one.
Basically I dont know who is available beyond there being some good TEs and WRs in the draft.

I think I would lean TE. My dream scenario is to get a top WR in FA and get one of the top TEs in this draft. Sturm really likes the kid out of Oregon St.
DTP02
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Do you think that would've been called a hold in week 5? I lean towards yes. It's a tough way to end the Super Bowl no doubt, but if it's a flag in week 5 then you should call it in a Super Bowl.

It doesn't get called in crunch time in week 5 when they've been letting them play all game. If they'd been calling it tight all game then it's a more acceptable call, but to throw the flag on a borderline call when you've been letting stuff go all game is bad reffing, and to do it in crunch time of the biggest stage is a real black eye for the league and a disservice to the Eagles and the neutral fans. And I hate the Eagles.
jr15aggie
AG
I guess most of us (including me) missed the fact that Dak won the Walter Payton man of the year award!

What a great dude! I think many of us just expect these athletes to do all this great community work and yet most of us just go home and sit on our ass after work. These guys go above and beyond and I have so much respect for these guys that really have good hearts to go along with their athletic gifts.

Congrats Dak and thanks for giving back!
98Ag99Grad
AG
He should have gone Drew Pearson on the crowd and talked smack after getting booed by the Phily fans.
TyHolden
AG
Did they mention former winners like Russell Wilson??? He was a good hawk....
KatyAggie01
Hope we can go after a big play WR2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.