***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,521 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
****ing redskins
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, and at home. Weird.
twilly
AG
So the Cowboys botched the coin toss. What a year.
puryearag85
AG
Idiots
Ag12thman
AG
twilly said:

Jason Garrett just horrid game preparer. I realize he wasn't the one making the call, but the lack of discipline is clearly evident. In many, many instances.
Dddfff
AG
Janoris Jenkins would be released if he said what anyone with a brain feels about Red J.
MooreTrucker
AG
twilly said:

Turns out not so much. But yeah, 15 games into year 4(?) Dak shouldn't have any trouble with that.
Saint Pablo
MooreTrucker said:

twilly said:

Turns out not so much. But yeah, 15 games into year 4(?) Dak shouldn't have any trouble with that.
I definitely heard him say, "defer" before anything else. The refs are either deaf or ******s.
the last of the bohemians
Well at least we have an idea of what this team looks like when they play to their talent.... doubt we see it again this year
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, my reaction after the 2nd and then 3rd TDs was "WTF has this been all year????"
BenFiasco14
AG
Just in time for the playoffs
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
twilly
AG
Good game today, but no room for error going forward. Next week is for the division.
aggiepaintrain
AG
hard to beat the Rams, nice game
Ag12thman
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Well at least we have an idea of what this team looks like when they play to their talent.... doubt we see it again this year

Agree with that against any decent team. Problem (or not a problem if you are a Garrett supporter) is there is not a decent team left on the schedule. They will easily be in the playoffs, IMO. The Eagles are wretched this year (just see how awful they were today as an example) as are the Giants. Some of you may be getting Garrett back at this point. I'm still not at all convinced a change is coming unless he somehow coaches them out of this cakewalk to the playoffs.
ApachePilot
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

If by crush, you mean roll over and die in front of, I think we can work something out

Thank you Cowboys!! I hate the rams! Today was great all around
Grapesoda2525
Ag12thman said:

the last of the bohemians said:

Agree with that against any decent team. Problem (or not a problem if you are a Garrett supporter) is there is not a decent team left on the schedule. They will easily be in the playoffs, IMO. The Eagles are wretched this year (just see how awful they were today as an example) as are the Giants. Some of you may be getting Garrett back at this point. I'm still not at all convinced a change is coming unless he somehow coaches them out of this cakewalk to the playoffs.
I don't think Jerry is that stupid.

The rest of the football world knows jason Garrett is a truly awful coach. Most cowboy fans think garrett sucks too.

It's without doubt time for a change no matter how the rest of this year turns out. We should've kicked ass this year. This roster is the most talented roster the cowboys have had since the 90's and Garrett did nothing with it.
Ag12thman
AG
I agree on all points, but I really think he will bring him back with a playoff appearance and a halfway decent showing in the first round. I fully believe he IS that stupid. Maybe Stephen has some pull on that, but Jerry alone is fully capable of that, IMO.
gigem1223
Helluva win today. Finally got back to our real identity (Zeke) and the defense played downhill instead of on their heels.
Grapesoda2525
Ag12thman said:

I agree on all points, but I really think he will bring him back with a playoff appearance and a halfway decent showing in the first round. I fully believe he IS that stupid. Maybe Stephen has some pull on that, but Jerry alone is fully capable of that, IMO.
I guess we'll see.

It seems obvious to me. Garrett has been getting ripped mercilessly on the radio and all of the ESPN talk shows over the last month. Is Jerry deaf and blind yet? That might be the only way Garrett could keep his gig.

When 2 good teams play the margin of victory is usually razor thin. Coaching often makes the difference. The saints, pats, and vikings barely beat us. We're losing because of coaching. Not the players / roster. Jerry has to know that by now..... hopefully
PatAg
AG
Ag12thman said:

We'd have to make the super bowl to bring Garrett back, and even then I'm not sure they would.
investorAg83
AG
Short of a razor thin NFC championship loss, there is nothing that says Garrett should be the coach in 2020. However, I'm more on board with him finishing the season after seeing how they played today. I didn't think they had that left in them with him at the helm.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Ag12thman said:

We'd have to make the super bowl to bring Garrett back, and even then I'm not sure they would.
Even if that happens.

Everyone knows Garrett is incompetent and way too conservative. Why would our front office overlook that information?

I think the public backlash and the media backlash will be too strong if we keep Garrett. The only thing that should save him at this point is a super bowl win and I'd still can him after that unless he demonstrated good coaching during the playoff run.

We have already lost way too many games during the garrett tenure due to bad coaching, extremely conservative calls, icing the kicker, and not making adjustments either during the game or at halftime.

I'm no expert, but if you had an expert analyze all of our games over the Garrett tenure, he would probably agree with me that we would have a lot more wins with a competent/ more aggressive coach.
Grapesoda2525
I have no doubt that the team won today because Garrett knows he's done and said "what the hell let's open things up". Which is what they shoulda been doing all along, but he's too much of a *****. When they're willing to play on the edge they're a better team. I'd bet any amount that every time they've looked like **** it's because Garrett has reigned them in.

TyHolden
AG
If we wun the ball consistently, we win. Expect 10 man front next week.
Agnzona
Jerry wants credit for winning the Super Bowl more than he wants to win the Super Bowl. If he fires Garrett and they win win in the next year or two it proves he was wrong and he will get blame for keeping Garrett so long. He is now in a no win situation for himself.
MooreTrucker
AG
Agnzona said:

Jerry wants credit for winning the Super Bowl more than he wants to win the Super Bowl. If he fires Garrett and they win win in the next year or two it proves he was wrong and he will get blame for keeping Garrett so long. He is now in a no win situation for himself.
Five or so years ago I would agree with that, but not anymore. JJ knows he's getting older and his window is narrow. And DAL is becoming a punchline for how long it's been since they went to the big game, and it's repeatedly pointed out that JG is the longest-tenured coach without a SB appearance.

And wasn't it said way back in the preseason that anything short of the NFC Championship game would not get him extended? Obviously after the past 3-4 weeks, even JJ's frustration is evident. I don't think that changed yesterday because all yesterday's win means is momentum into next week vs. PHI.

Plus, it's pretty established (I think) that if Garrett is let go fro DAL he has a smooth landing spot in NYG? That would ease JJ's conscience for letting his red-headed stepson leave.
Ag12thman
AG
Agree 100%, which is why I want Garrett gone 2 years ago now and I'm also fearful that he will return when they make it to the playoffs. I feel like Jerry has stayed with him far too long already and he will do the same thing again with even a remotely decent game in round 1 of the playoffs (and especially if they win in round 1).

I understand all of your points and they are very good ones that make sense. But, I don't trust Jones a bit to actually go through with making the move. He's even said recently something along the lines of they can't win a Super Bowl without Garrett.
jr15aggie
AG
I said at the beginning it was all going to pivot on how we were playing going into the playoffs. We just torched a very hot and desperate Rams team and have 2 lesser teams before the playoffs start.

They have every opportunity to put this laughably sloppy season behind them and go into the playoffs as a team that people really don't want to play.

I have zero expectations, I'm just watching and enjoying what I can.
PatAg
AG
I just think about how low the lows were this season, and how actually fed up Jerrah sounded, and I have some hope he will fire Garrett
ac04
i don't think this changes anything for garrett. he needs at least two playoff wins this season or he's out IMO.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jerry was talking sense yesterday. Said that one game doesn't change anything. Now that goes for highs as well as lows, so that attitude is why JG wasn't canned in the last few weeks. But I do think this team basically has to reach the SB for JG to get another year.
diehard03
Quote:

why JG wasn't canned in the last few weeks

He wasn't canned because the team was in first place. Nothing more, nothing less.
bonfarr
AG
Ag12thman said:

If this was true why didn't Jerry give Garrett an extension after last season where we made the playoffs and won in the first round? Garrett is in the final year of his deal and no offer to extend has been made which would lead one to believe Jerry wants him to earn it with a deep playoff run if not the Superbowl.
jtstanley4621
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Jerry was talking sense yesterday. Said that one game doesn't change anything. Now that goes for highs as well as lows, so that attitude is why JG wasn't canned in the last few weeks. But I do think this team basically has to reach the SB for JG to get another year.
In my opinion, I would extend Garrett if and only if we won the super bowl. Anything short of that and he's out. It has been a decade.
MooreTrucker
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

why JG wasn't canned in the last few weeks

He wasn't canned because the team was in first place. Nothing more, nothing less.
He wasn't canned because he's in the last year of his contract and dumping him early, and at this point in the season, doesn't do much good other than to appease the haters.

As bonfarr said, he wasn't extended last year when he made the playoffs and won a game, and that indicates that he expects more than that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.