***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,629 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well if we switched Garrett for Aikman it would be like going from JV to Varsity
Ag12thman
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Well if we switched Garrett for Aikman it would be like going from JV Freshman B Team to Varsity
FIFY.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Who was the head coach when Troy went off? Switzer?
TyHolden
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Troy
bonfarr
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Probably so judging by the hat he is wearing. Looks to be about '94 or '95.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TyHolden
AG
Line is now -1.5 rams. Didn't it open at +3.5 rams? I bet it drops even further.

Over is 48.5. Rams might score that themselves.
ApachePilot
AG
Cowboys please crush the stupid rams! I hate the rams!!!
Saint Pablo
Don't get your hopes up lol
BenFiasco14
AG
If by crush, you mean roll over and die in front of, I think we can work something out
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
I'd heard that Troy was more interested in a front office job, ala GM, than coaching. That person was probably just speculating
ac04
not speculating, he's mentioned several times in the past that he'd be interested in a GM job
J.P. 03
AG
DSAg44 said:

Line is now -1.5 rams. Didn't it open at +3.5 rams? I bet it drops even further.

Over is 48.5. Rams might score that themselves.

I know there's no such thing as free money, but man...Rams -1.5 feels like free money. What am I missing??
Mozart Paintings
AG
i got it at a pick 'em
diehard03
Quote:

I know there's no such thing as free money, but man...Rams -1.5 feels like free money. What am I missing??

That it would be perfectly Dallas-like to completely house the Rams 45-3, and lose the final 2 games to miss the playoffs.
PatAg
AG
This team is actually not bad in my opinion.They may never get it back together, but its a possibility.
jr15aggie
AG
Random thought... one guy I feel like we are really wasting is Jordan Lewis. Unless a new coach really impresses him, I get the feeling he can't wait to get on with another team as soon as his rookie contract expires.

He's not a flawless corner, but damnit if he isn't the only guy in our secondary that has a nose for the football. It's like he's the only guy with his eyes up looking for the ball. It's a shame if we lose him. If a new coach were to come in and do a partial secondary rebuild, I'd start with him.
Baby Billy
AG
Premium thread had me wondering.

What do y'all think about Dan Mullen? Hard to believe if he was offered a job to coach the Dallas Cowboys that he wouldn't do it.

I'm intrigued by the thought
PooDoo
AG
Lewis avoids too much contact to get critical playing time. A few times I've watched him he gets really nervous when it gets crowded.

So, he's built to be slot but is only effect on the outside as a cover but this defense likes big physical corners on the outside.
PooDoo
AG
I was thinking about posting this theory of mine earlier.

Watching Cordarrelle Patterson running like angry Dez through our defense and making keys blocks for TD runs got me thinking.

What's one thing that was a staple of this offense all the way back to Demarco Murray? Big WRs would be blocking their asses off down field.

How many big runs was Dez or Williams making key blocks to spring the RB? A bunch. Heck, blocking was the main reason Noah Brown was on the field the last few years.

So my question is, why aren't we seeing our WRs making those blocks like we saw before? Are our current WRs too small to be effective run blockers or are they unwilling? Was there a philosophy change?
ChoppinDs40
AG
PooDoo said:

I was thinking about posting this theory of mine earlier.

Watching Cordarrelle Patterson running like angry Dez through our defense and making keys blocks for TD runs got me thinking.

What's one thing that was a staple of this offense all the way back to Demarco Murray? Big WRs would be blocking their asses off down field.

How many big runs was Dez or Williams making key blocks to spring the RB? A bunch. Heck, blocking was the main reason Noah Brown was on the field the last few years.

So my question is, why aren't we seeing our WRs making those blocks like we saw before? Are our current WRs too small to be effective run blockers or are they unwilling? Was there a philosophy change?
good points - this offense is missing a big possession receiver. It seems we've lost our identity on offense. Are we a running team with 2TEs and a FB? or are we trying to scheme to get Cooper in space?

Gallup is big enough to be a big physical blocker. Certainly not like Dez or Cordarelle or Fitz or Big Mike.

Honestly, I think the problem with this team right now is scheme and effort. Our offense isn't multiple enough and I feel like we don't "scheme" to get players involved. Maybe some with Cooper but Pollard needs to be on the field more. Witten less - Jarwin more. And gdamnit Gallup has to stop dropping balls.

On Defense, our scheme is dated and needs a change. There's no creativity and no blitzing. Teams dink and dunk us all the way down the field and sometimes we break, often times we don't. BUT, that has led to our worst starting field position in the league. We play too soft on D and don't get 3 and outs to flip the field, we ALWAYS let someone go 20-30 yards.

It's belabored on here, I know, but lack of turnovers is huge. Look at NE - their Offense is awful but their D scores often and often provides a 40yard field. When we turned it over vs NE, I said, "watch, they can't move the ball more than 20 yards but they'll score here in 4 plays." They did.

So many problems with this team and the window is shutting. In one season's time, we've signed La'el, Tank, Jaylon, and Zeke. Cooper MUST be signed as will Dak. You'll see the Defense suffer first with the departure of Byron Jones, Maleik Collins, and Robert Quinn. Antuwan Woods will get suspended for his arrest, Trystan Hill is a bust and can't see the field. The Bennett move I loved but too little too late - starts at the top and this team is going nowhere. This team needs a 3technique in the worst possible way.
jtstanley4621
AG
On the subject of Gallup, I think we're just starting to see what kind of player he could be. Excited to see what he can do next season with a different coaching staff.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Issue on defense is **** tackling. One of the worst in the league, and the Chicago game was the worst single tackling game of the year by any team in the NFL.

Contrast that to the Pats who are always near the top. Any of you see the HBO Saban-Belichick special? One of Belichick's magic solutions to good defense is make the ****ing tackle, and they are always nearly one of the best if not the best in the league at it. He was talking about getting on the plane after a loss, and all of his assistants have the laptops whipped out and are trying to break down what went wrong. And he's like "Guys, we got beat because we didn't tackle. It's not more complicated than that."
ApachePilot
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

If by crush, you mean roll over and die in front of, I think we can work something out

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4f58f758-f837-4e88-bfbb-7011a3bb6337
Southlake
Boys are so due a big game. Tomorrow has to be the win that puts them back in a positive flow.

Dallas 24
LA 23
expresswrittenconsent
Southlake said:

Boys are so due a big game. Tomorrow has to be the win that puts them back in a positive flow.

Dallas 24
LA 23

This has worked well the last 3 weeks.
investorAg83
AG
Southlake said:

Dallas 24
LA 23

A big game and you have us winning by one? If that's the case we're gonna get waxed tomorrow.
jr15aggie
AG
I dunno... as of right now one team is looking better and the other is falling apart. But it's the nfl so who knows.

Only thing I'm certain of is there's no way in hell I'd bet serious money on this game.
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

Dallas 24
LA 23
I'm glad you're not paid to predict games.
Daveintx
Well Maher isn't kicking so the field goal is possible
MooreTrucker
AG
Southlake said:

Dallas 24
LA 23
I thought that last week, and the week before.
MooreTrucker
AG
investorAg83 said:

Southlake said:

Dallas 24
LA 23

A big game and you have us winning by one? If that's the case we're gonna get waxed tomorrow.
I think he means an "important" game rather than an "explosion of points" game.

And frankly, I'll be as happy to win by 1 point as I will to win by 20 points.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Southlake said:

Dallas 24
LA 23
I'm glad you're not paid to predict games.
Are you not expecting a win, or a win but not by that score?

Oh wait, I see the username now and that gives me my answer.
expresswrittenconsent
Somebody's on their period. Super sensitive.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The defensive players have started to tune Marinelli out.

There was a time when Marinelli was a badass as a DC and intimated his players into doing what he wanted them to do. They played hard, they played tough, they hustled. They don't do that anymore for him. A big part of Marinelli's "scheme" is getting guys to play up and they just don't anymore. I don't know if that is a result from Richard now having some duties and guys not respecting Marinelli as much anymore or what.

The defense has tuned Marinelli out, and the offense is not good after those first few scripted plays that Moore apparently brings into each game. After that first series or two, Moore is unable to adjust or call a good game.
EllisCoAg
AG
Are we wearing blue again ?
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.