***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,529 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would be too if I had to film commercials with brad paisley all day every day
jtstanley4621
AG
So yeah. At this point you may as well lose out. If you're gonna lose to Chicago on the road, you have no chance in this iteration of NFC playoffs. Especially not with Garrett at the helm.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Haha that was pathetic

should have been there in person. at least the weather was nice for chicago in december.
alvtimes
the one constant .... Jerry.
bonfarr
AG
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Baby Billy
AG
bonfarr said:

Would be a great hire.
jr15aggie
AG
Alvarado Times said:

the one constant .... Jerry.

Well, he's gonna get another chance to help or hurt the organization when he chooses another coach in the next 30 days.
rsf0626
If we dont get an announcement that Maher has been cut, i swear to god.....

Garrett wont be fired until the seasons over. Nobody on that staff deserves the interim job right now
rsf0626
bonfarr
AG
rsf0626 said:

Garrett wont be fired until the seasons over. Nobody on that staff deserves the interim job right now

Agreed. Anyone think USC was set to hire Urban Meyer and had to backtrack and announce Clay Helton would return because Urban withdrew his name? I am wondering if he thinks the Cowboys job is his.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
ElephantRider
AG
Was thinking that same thing this morning.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Macarthur said:

Seriously, with a little extra time before the next game, isn't now a decent time to make the change. Maybe a fire is lit and makes a diff. What is there to lose.
Yes, this is the perfect time to do it.

I can't say this for sure, but I do think Jerry would do it if he had a viable interim candidate. I know I keep beating this drum, but the entire staff is a joke. Most aren't remotely qualified on paper or in performance, and the 1-2 that are have been terrible at their current job.
BenFiasco14
AG
bonfarr said:

Urban Meyer yes please
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TyHolden
AG
Dan Campbell + Aaron Glenn

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/11/30/20988448/the-one-cowboys-head-coaching-candidate-nobody-is-talking-about-dan-campbell-jason-garrett
twilly
AG
Just throwing this out there...

I've had business dealings with Jerry Jones and his companies several times in my O&G career. With Jerry, there are always things going on behind the scenes in direct opposition to what hes says publicly. Now all those things he's working on may massively suck, but he always has stuff going on behind his back. Honesty is not his strong suit.

Somebody for the Cowboys has already contacted coaches/agents and gotten a feel for who's next...maybe even lined him up already. And it's been going on for awhile, not just the last few weeks.
investorAg83
AG
rsf0626 said:

While the bolded part may be true, you HAVE to get rid of Garrett. Getting him out is an instant upgrade no matter who takes the reins. Then hire a new coach in the offseason.
Agristotle
AG
Great post. In my very limited experience, Jerry is not happy unless he has five deals simmering all the time.
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Macarthur said:

Seriously, with a little extra time before the next game, isn't now a decent time to make the change. Maybe a fire is lit and makes a diff. What is there to lose.
Yes, this is the perfect time to do it.

I can't say this for sure, but I do think Jerry would do it if he had a viable interim candidate. I know I keep beating this drum, but the entire staff is a joke. Most aren't remotely qualified on paper or in performance, and the 1-2 that are have been terrible at their current job.

I agree.

I just think it's an addition by subtraction situation

After looking at the Bio of Nuessmier, he might be an interesting pick for interim.
Grapesoda2525
rsf0626 said:

It's not really about the interim head coach. We could throw kitna out there for all I care.

The main thing is GETTING GARRETT THE **** OUT! did you see the game yesterday? Most of tackling is effort. You have to want it. The cowboys didn't want to get their hands dirty for some loser coach who will be fired and probably won't be a head coach in the nfl ever again because he's still living in the 1990's.

Seriously to hell with that guy. The team needs to see him get fired. This might give them a spark and possibly salvage the season. I don't expect it to happen because Jerruh is a bonehead.
jeffdjohnson
It's pretty wild that the Cowboys will control their own destiny until 12/22. They can literally lose 5 out of 6 games from early November until late December and it doesn't matter. The only game that matters is beating the Eagles in Philadelphia. May as well start game planning now, they have 16 days.
expresswrittenconsent
bonfarr said:

rsf0626 said:

Agreed. Anyone think USC was set to hire Urban Meyer and had to backtrack and announce Clay Helton would return because Urban withdrew his name? I am wondering if he thinks the Cowboys job is his.

USC kept Helton because the contract and buyout was much much larger than reported (20mm plus) and they dont have the money to do it.
Saint Pablo
One of the oddest things to me this season has been Zeke's usage. He is averaging less touches per game than any year in his career...this could be the first year he's played 16 regular season games and if the rate he is being used at continues, he would still finish the year with less touches than the two years he only played 15 games.
expresswrittenconsent
When you're down 3 scores early in half your games, you are forced to abandon the run.
Daveintx
Not watching another down 'til someone competent is coaching this team
Saint Pablo
expresswrittenconsent said:

When you're down 3 scores early in half your games, you are forced to abandon the run.
It feels like they abandon it after a drive or two...it never feels like they are actively trying to rely on the run game. Against Buffalo, Zeke was cooking on the first two drives and then they let Dak take over on more first downs and ended up giving up two trash turnovers.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
How does Maher still have a job? That's even more mind boggling than Garrett having his.
CajunAg97
AG
Saint Pablo
Idk why but this is hilarious to me
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
And yet, somehow Jerry Jones is in the NFL Hall of Fame, and Jimmy Johnson isn't. SMDH.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Idk why but this is hilarious to me
the Cowboys season is CLOSED
jr15aggie
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

And yet, somehow Jerry Jones is in the NFL Hall of Fame, and Jimmy Johnson isn't. SMDH.

It's really more about what Jerry has done for the NFL as a whole on the business side of things. He has been a very big part of the NFLs impressive growth in the last 30 years. Licensing deals, marketing, stadium deals, negotiations with cities regarding stadium locations, tax incentives, etc. He has been a huge influence on how every team does business in today's NFL.

It has very little to do with the win/loss record of his franchise, but 3 rings certainly helps!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, Jerry helped change the financial game for the league. His induction is much more related to that; the 3 rings just help seal the deal.
J.P. 03
AG
If you missed the fake Michael Irvin Christmas Carol earlier this week, it's worth a listen. It's the first few minutes of the link below:

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/best-of-WED-part2-12.4.19.mp3
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

It's really more about what Jerry has done for the NFL as a whole on the business side of things. He has been a very big part of the NFLs impressive growth in the last 30 years. Licensing deals, marketing, stadium deals, negotiations with cities regarding stadium locations, tax incentives, etc. He has been a huge influence on how every team does business in today's NFL.

It has very little to do with the win/loss record of his franchise, but 3 rings certainly helps!
Jerry is one of the best in the NFL at the business side of things, but he's gotta be one of the worst I've ever seen at managing the football side. Almost everyone on this board could do better in that aspect. Probably 90% of this board would've fired Garrett already. Hell I would've fired him in 2013.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Said if before, but I think Jerry could be a good GM. He's been around football for a long time now. However, he's pulled in too many different directions. He's always promoting his team, promoting his stadium, dealing with ownership issues, dealing with league issues, and dealing with his non-Cowboys business at the same time as trying to be a GM. He doesn't treat it as a full time job
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ohio State grad buddy says Dallas should steer clear of Meyer. Says his game mgmt and playcalling was very underwhelming the last 2 yrs there. His recruiting lights out...but game mgmt not good at times. Hes not the kinda guy w an axe to grind and knows the game well fwiw.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.