***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,836 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Law Hall 69-72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think Jerry Jones cares what the New York Times, Kap, Twitter or any activist has to say at this point in his life.
expresswrittenconsent
DSAg44 said:

That ain't race baiting. It's being concerned about falling into another jg issue due to an easy schedule and possible outside influence. This was definitely looked at end of last year. See article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/sports/nfl-black-coaches-fired.amp.html

Nah, you said the concern with promoting KR is a 'kap situation in an election year'. That is where you were throwing out dog whistles.
TyHolden
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

DSAg44 said:

That ain't race baiting. It's being concerned about falling into another jg issue due to an easy schedule and possible outside influence. This was definitely looked at end of last year. See article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/sports/nfl-black-coaches-fired.amp.html

Nah, you said the concern with promoting KR is a 'kap situation in an election year'. That is where you were throwing out dog whistles.
i followed up with my main concern was getting into a jg situation based on an easy schedule AND outside influences based on 2018 firings. If it looked like race baiting, then I apologize. Take it however you want. I got whiskey to drink.
PooDoo
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

I don't think Jerry Jones cares what the New York Times, Kap, Twitter or any activist has to say at this point in his life.

Any flack would be nothing compared to Landry.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, Jerry has a long history of not giving two ****s about blowback. That's what makes him Jerry.
duck79
AG
All of the points on why he should be fired or retained till the end of the season are great talking points but I think it comes down to something much less.

By not firing him now Jerry can let his contract run out and allow him to pursue other opportunities or reassign him which lets him avoid actually firing his chosen pick.
ac04
isn't allowing his contract to run out the same as firing him? i don't see any possibility that he reassigns him, i can't imagine any way that scenario would work for anyone
Saint Pablo
Lol eagles lead the dolphins 28-26. No one from this division should make the playoffs.
jr15aggie
AG
Miami now leading.

NFC Least
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Miami now leading.

NFC Least
Isn't this a good thing? It shows that philly's defense sucks.

I hate jason garrett just like most other cowboy fans, but I'm not going to root for us to not win the division. I'd hate to see philly make the playoffs, get hot, and make a run again.

The only thing that really sucks about the rest of this year is that if we do have any success ( NFC title game, NFC championship, or super bowl win) Jerry really is football stupid enough to think garrett has turned the corner and he will extend him.

the last of the bohemians
8-8 division champs, would that be accomplishment or embarrassment?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kind of embarrassing but it happens.
Confucius
Giants won SB with 10-6 and 9-7 records with Eli Freaking Manning, so just get in and get hot.
the last of the bohemians
I think that's the one hope, is the giants equation, get in and see if somehow someway they can actually play to their talent level.... but giants actually had a real coach
Proposition Joe
Eagles make the same bonehead mistake that Cowboys made earlier in the season.

YOU MUST SCORE BEFORE THE 2 MINUTE WARNING OR THE GAME IS OVER.

Even if it means kick the FG on 2nd down. Once that clock hits the 2 minute warning and you only have 1 timeout, your only hope is an onside kick.
Grapesoda2525
Oh well.

Let's beat the bears this week and put all the pressure on philly. Chicago isn't very good, but their coaching is probably better than ours so it's not a slam dunk.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Oh well.

Let's beat the bears this week and put all the pressure on philly. Chicago isn't very good, but their coaching is probably better than ours so it's not a slam dunk.

i'll be sitting in soldier field freezing my texan ass off watching the inevitable nutkick that will be our o vs their d.
Danny Vermin
Eagles
expresswrittenconsent
What's the line for 12 win NFC west runner up @the nfc east winner?
Southlake
Actually a shame that a team in the NFC East will go to the playoffs and get a first round home game. None of them even remotely deserve it.

Could be a 7-9 division winner. Blech!

And if the Cowboys win the division, Jerry will not fire Garrett. (I'll take all bettors on this)
Grapesoda2525

Sip Williams out for the year.

We better hope mcquistan or whatever that guys name is pans out because Williams has had knee trouble ever since he came to the NFL.
HouseDivided06
AG
Disagree if Garrett wins the division that Jerry will keep him. Think they need to make at least some noise in the playoffs. As in win one if not 2 games.
BenFiasco14
AG
Southlake said:

Actually a shame that a team in the NFC East will go to the playoffs and get a first round home game. None of then remotely deserve it.

Could be a 7-9 division winner.

And if the Cowboys win the division, Jerry will not fire Garrett.

I don't think so. I have said form the very beginning and stand by this, that is JG does not win the NFC Championship he's done.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Grapesoda2525
It's sad that cowboy fans even have to debate this topic, garrett really is an awful head coach. The decision should've been made to can him already.

The writing was on the wall for Garrett in his first 2 seasons. We blew a huge lead in the 2nd half vs the Lions. Up late against the Pats with the ball and we call 3 give up runs and punt. He iced his own ****ing kicker against the Cardinals that negated a game winning FG and then we lose. The Giants sunday night game we go up like 11 or 13 or whatever, and we go into turtle mode again.Quick 3 and out. Giant score in like a few plays. Then we have to punt again when Miles lost the ball in the lights. Giants easily score again and then win.
Against the Ravens in 2012, Garrett goes into turtle mode when we were like 40 yards away and then forces Bailey to kick a mid 50s FG to try and win (and we miss and lose).
Garrett does not even know the bare bones basics of managing a game, much less adjusting, implementing a scheme and putting his players in the best position to win.
We are playing Candyland while other teams are playing chess. I would say Checkers or Connect 4 but even those have too much strategy in them for Garrett.

Garrett makes clock management mistakes that teenagers playing madden football on PlayStation don't make.
Ag Natural
AG
I remember the Seahawks winning the division and a playoff game at 7-9. I think that was Pete Carroll's first season.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Baby Billy
AG
No more leadership like this...

PooDoo
AG
That was back when Switzer's camp was putting out the rumors that Troy was gay and racist.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We went to HS games last week at Jerryworld, and our overpriced drink cups had "Offensive Line" written on them but only pictured Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Collins. No Williams. We joked about Williams being snubbed, but it turns out the cups were prophetic.
PooDoo
AG
Why wouldn't they play Looney at LG?
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

We went to HS games last week at Jerryworld, and our overpriced drink cups had "Offensive Line" written on them but only pictured Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Collins. No Williams. We joked about Williams being snubbed, but it turns out the cups were prophetic.
The sip has been a massive disappointment up to this point. I thought he would help shore up the offensive line a bit. He was pretty good in college. Health is a big issue for our offensive line in general.

Smith has been injured too many times to count. Frederick hasn't been the same since that autoimmune disease, I'm not going to write Frederick off yet tho. Mark schlereth had the same thing and he was back to being a pro bowl player year 2 into his comeback. We need Frederick to be better next year tho. Zach martin has back issues. Very tough thing for a guard to have.

Sua'filo or what's his name had a lot of trouble against the bills. Several of the turnovers the bills committed were due to sua'filo getting beat badly.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The back issues with both Martin and Smith are very concerning. That's the type of thing a player often just never really gets past. They can fight and play through it, show flashes of their old selves, but hard to be consistent with an injury that can be so debilitating and prone to flaring up.

I'm hopeful Frederick will be much better in 2020. I was hopeful for 2019, but honestly, I would have been shocked if he was his old self in 2019. Williams is a tweener and dealing with the challenges that tweener's deal with - small for his current position, too stubby for T.
jja79
AG
Ag_EE said:

Agnzona said:

Jerry is one strange guy. What if he had shown this patience with Jimmy Johnson how many more Super Bowls?

20-odd years since last SB title is a humbling experience

I was 38 the last time the Cowboys played in the NFC Championship game. My boys were 12 and 6. I'm now 62 and they're 36 and 30. I've also got a 16 year old boy who can't believe the Cowboys were ever good.
TyHolden
AG
jja79 said:

Ag_EE said:

Agnzona said:

Jerry is one strange guy. What if he had shown this patience with Jimmy Johnson how many more Super Bowls?

20-odd years since last SB title is a humbling experience

I'm now 62 and they're 36 and 30. I've also got a 16 year old boy who can't believe the Cowboys were ever good.
somebody discovered the blue bomber...
bonfarr
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

No more leadership like this...

Aikman said a great QB has one hand on the wrist measuring the pulse of the team and the other hand around its throat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.