***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,823 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
txagman1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming the inevitable happens do they go get Dennis Allen after the season?
TyHolden
AG
txagman1998 said:

Assuming the inevitable happens do they go get Dennis Allen after the season?
sure - if Greg Roman wants Dennis to be his DC, I'm all for it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Jerry says he's not firing Garrett:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/28/jerry-jones-im-not-firing-jason-garrett/

BMX Bandit
investorAg83 said:

The fact this team may back its way into a division title despite the clear ineptness of the head man is nothing short of a miracle.

More a testament to the NFC East being hot garbage
CrottyKid
AG
The writing is on the wall. Any way we can get Jerry to hire Nick Saban? If the Cowboys aren't going to be any good, at least we could help the Ags out a little bit.
Daveintx
All of Jerry's not firing him talk means nothing when it's the end of reds contract..
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's talking about right now, which has to be considered given the fact that the division is so bad, there is still a lot to salvage. I'd do it in a heartbeat with a decent alternative to be interim HC on staff. But my one pause is that the alternative's unit has been hot garbage and a big reason for their problems.
BMX Bandit
not against canning Garret now, but don't see what difference it would make.

Cowboys will win the division and face a 12 win 49ers or Seahawks in first round.
Daveintx
True but in Jerry's eyes that's another year of division champ shirts he can profit off of
culdeus
AG
Daveintx said:

True but in Jerry's eyes that's another year of division champ shirts he can profit off of

Back to back division shirts bro.
birdman
There is no reason to fire Garrett right now. Team hasn't quit on him. And his replacement isn't on staff or available now. Firing him now is dumb and spiteful.

You can hire the next coach the day after the season.
TyHolden
AG
I don't get why everyone thinks winning the division is a given. They will probably lose to philly and the rams.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DSAg44 said:

I don't get why everyone thinks winning the division is a given. They will probably lose to philly and the rams.

Keep Garrett and one of 2 things will happen. Wont make the playoffs, or lose in first 2 rounds of playoffs.

Fire Garrett and one of 3 things will happen. Wont make playoffs, lose in first round or 2, or light a spark that gets this team to shock the world. At least this scenario gives you some hope. Garrett provides zero hope.
TyHolden
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

DSAg44 said:

Keep Garrett and one of 2 things will happen. Wont make the playoffs, or lose in first 2 rounds of playoffs.

Fire Garrett and one of 3 things will happen. Wont make playoffs, lose in first round or 2, or light a spark that gets this team to shock the world. At least this scenario gives you some hope. Garrett provides zero hope.
last scenario could lead to hiring another Garrett. Let him finish it out. If he has a storybook ending, then you have a decision to make. Otherwise start fresh. None of our coordinators deserve an hc job.
J.P. 03
AG
Just to rub salt in the wound from Jason Garrett's "I don't use analytics during the game" comments from earlier in the week, the NFL Network just ran an entire 5-minute segment on Daniel Stern, Greg Roman's 25 year-old analytics expert who updates Harbaugh in real time on the probability of converting every 3rd down and the possible subsequent 4th down whenever they're on offense. Hopefully Roman can bring him with him if he takes the HC job.
TyHolden
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Hopefully Roman can bring him with him if he takes the HC job.
Jimmy Conway
DSAg44 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

DSAg44 said:

last scenario could lead to hiring another Garrett. Let him finish it out. If he has a storybook ending, then you have a decision to make. Otherwise start fresh. None of our coordinators deserve an hc job.

Crazy that multiple posters here are ok with Garrett staying on. Bill Tobins postman neighbor might get better results at this point than JG.
TyHolden
AG
You give the job to Richards and he eeks out undefeated rest of season and wins a playoff game at home (not likely but certainly doable). What happens if you don't make him new hc like you did with Garrett? PR nightmare. We need a complete reboot of staff.
Grapesoda2525
We also run the risk of making the playoffs by virtue of a very bad division then both the Seahawks and 49ers screw up and have bad days against us.

It's plain as day that Garrett should no longer be coaching this team, but Jerry is so football stupid that he would probably still keep him if he made it far enough into the playoffs.
TyHolden
AG
I think Garrett has to win nfc to keep his job. Jerry keeps saying SB but winning the nfc on the road would be huge accomplishment. It ain't happening.
jr15aggie
AG
DSAg44 said:

You give the job to Richards and he eeks out undefeated rest of season and wins a playoff game at home (not likely but certainly doable). What happens if you don't make him new hc like you did with Garrett? PR nightmare. We need a complete reboot of staff.

I was just thinking about this earlier. I'm hoping Jerry believes we need a complete coaching reboot. If we let Richard get a shot, it creates a problem if we have some success.

Ride the season out and then let the new HC make all the changes.

I'm thinking this is the main reason why he's gonna stick with JG. The other reason is he loves and respects the hell out of the guy.
Agnzona
The season is already ruined and keeping Garrett has zero chance of improving it. He is a known commodity. Hoping they catch fire is not supported by any data. Jones is thinking like an emotional teenage girl. It's all so very strange.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
PatAg
AG
I was with everyone last year in thinking maybe Richard could be the new HC. This defensive performance this year has me second guessing that
investorAg83
AG
Firing Garrett and having Richard finish the year does not mean Richard the HC in 2020. All it means is that Garrett WILL NOT be the HC in 2020.
DannyDuberstein
AG
DSAg44 said:

This does not sound like much of a problem
PooDoo
AG
That's how we got Garrett.
TyHolden
AG
PooDoo said:

That's how we got Garrett.
exactly - why corner ourselves into another bad situation. Start over.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If PR is your concern, then any move you make in the offseason is ****ed from the beginning. Talent is fleeting in this league. Pissing away a season that is salvageable because you are worried about a scenario where you turn this season into a success but then worry about the PR in making another change later is about the dumbest damn thing I can imagine.
TyHolden
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

If PR is your concern, then any move you make in the offseason is ****ed from the beginning. Talent is fleeting in this league. Pissing away a season that is salvageable because you are worried about a scenario where you turn this season into a success but then worry about the PR in making another change later is about the dumbest damn thing I can imagine.
so if we squeak out a division title and a home win with richards, you ready to let him take over? I sure ain't. And I'd rather avoid a kap-like situation going into an election year. You say it wouldn't be a big deal but we have no idea.
Our defense is nothing special. Nobody on our coaching staff deserves a shot imo.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You missed the point entirely. You go conduct a legit coaching search after the season regardless. Worrying about PR vs W's is how you never win. And no, a division and a wild card win will not win an interim the job.
hph6203
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

A wildcard playoff win is successful?
DannyDuberstein
AG
No. Point out where I said it was. In fact, I specifically said it wasn't. I'm saying you change now because this team does have talent and maybe you catch lightning in a bottle and get to the SB. This year.

I haven't been impressed with Richard's crew either, but maybe between a different voice and energy from the top, game management, etc, you find a way to get on a roll. But if you don't or that run tops out short of a SB, I'm not afraid to start over after the season. Unlike posters above who think a wild card somehow marries you to Richard so they'd be afraid to change now. I do not think that.
expresswrittenconsent
DSAg44 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

so if we squeak out a division title and a home win with richards, you ready to let him take over? I sure ain't. And I'd rather avoid a kap-like situation going into an election year. You say it wouldn't be a big deal but we have no idea.
Our defense is nothing special. Nobody on our coaching staff deserves a shot imo.

This is race baiting idiocy which you should be ashamed of.
If KR or Marinelli or 'wonder boy' moore were to take over, win the last 4 plus a wild card, there would be minimal pressure within the locker room to promote the interim coach (just like there is with every college and pro team). There would be zero outside pressure to keep any of them. The media will cover a cowboys coaching change with zeal regardless of who is involved.
Anytime someone says there will be 'racial blowback' for a hire, they are only projecting their own prejudices - you flat out said you dont want the black assistant hired because he would be harder to fire than a white assistant.
No team in the modern history of American sports has faced backlash for firing a minority coach too soon (there is some backlash with ALL coaching changes but it is all gone with the first new media cycle).
TyHolden
AG
That ain't race baiting. It's being concerned about falling into another jg issue due to an easy schedule and possible outside influence. This was definitely looked at end of last year. See article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/sports/nfl-black-coaches-fired.amp.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.