***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,563 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now it sounds like there's a player coming back, not a pick.
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Speaking of special teams...

wow, amazing...
DannyDuberstein
AG
that is why kickoffs won't exist in another 5-10 years. Hits like that on touchbacks will eventually have them asking why they are kicking off at all.

I'm not condemning the hit or anything. Great physical football. Just acknowledging the future.
jr15aggie
AG
Watching the game tonight... we can't say the Cowboys are a great team yet, having only beaten the lowly Giants... but I feel comfortable saying they are significantly better than TB and the Panthers!
PooDoo
AG
Chedo was "random" drug tested the day after his speed was tweeted.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Watching the game tonight... we can't say the Cowboys are a great team yet, having only beaten the lowly Giants... but I feel comfortable saying they are significantly better than TB and the Panthers!
What a total shi*show tonight. Both teams, and the refs. That was awful.

We are only one week in but coming into the year I felt like the Saints, Rams, Bears, and Eagles were the 4 other teams that would contend along with Dallas for the NFC title. So far I'm feeling pretty good about the Cowboys chances compared to these teams (especially the Bears). Again, only one week in and anything can happen but still.
Grapesoda2525
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jr15aggie said:

What a total shi*show tonight. Both teams, and the refs. That was awful.

We are only one week in but coming into the year I felt like the Saints, Rams, Bears, and Eagles were the 4 other teams that would contend along with Dallas for the NFC title. So far I'm feeling pretty good about the Cowboys chances compared to these teams (especially the Bears). Again, only one week in and anything can happen but still.
The bears look to be offensively challenged. As usual.

I just don't want any part of Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs again. Sick of that crap.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Btw Dolphins might have Minkah Fitzpatrick on the market. Jeff Heath very much a weak link still but not sure Dallas would make the move.
Grapesoda2525

Btw Dolphins might have Minkah Fitzpatrick on the market. Jeff Heath very much a weak link still but not sure Dallas would make the move.
Maybe the cowboys could send the dolphins taco and a 3rd rounder or second rounder.
ElephantRider
AG
Dolphins want picks, they won't care about Taco. It will take a 1st for Fitzpatrick, and he has said before that he doesn't want to play strong safety.
jr15aggie
AG

After a quick read, sounds like he's already received 2/3 of his rookie contract money. And he wants a trade after only 17 games with the Dolphins? Whatever team makes that deal, be ready for new contract demands to start next year if he plays well.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

After a quick read, sounds like he's already received 2/3 of his rookie contract money. And he wants a trade after only 17 games with the Dolphins? Whatever team makes that deal, be ready for new contract demands to start next year if he plays well.

He wants out because they have him at slot corner most of the time and not safety. The Fins are also tanking for Tua so anyone with options is trying to jump ship. Let's goooo Jerry.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I heard a crazy number of players told their agent "get me out of here" after last week. Can't say I've ever heard of that before.

The problem is the Cowboys love Xavier Woods and it doesn't sound like Fitz wants to play Heath's spot. After the team looked solid week 1, I'd be really surprised if the Cowboys made a move like this.
ac04
never heard that before either, but i've also never seen a team tank quite this hard this early.
Saint Pablo
does that make him more interesting or not really??
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL at a rebuilding plan that involves trading 2nd year players that are 22 years old.
jtstanley4621
AG
Saint Pablo said:

does that make him more interesting or not really??
I would absolutely give up a 2nd for him. He's the best slot corner in the NFL.

Something people should be wary of however is that he does NOT want to play safety. I don't think he would be a replacement for Heath, but he would 100 percent help the secondary either way.
gigem1223
The fins will get a 1st easily for Fitz imo and I'd gladly give to them. Maybe a 2nd with Taco will suffice? Doubt it cuz I believe at least half the league would be lined up with a first. He grew up in Jersey, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go to an NY team.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Given Dallas' 1st would have to project to near the bottom of the 1st, I don't see any way they'd take less than a 1st from Dallas for him. He's interesting, but I'd want to know more about his thoughts on safety and flexing back there. I wouldn't want to give up a top pick for some complaining headache that I'm always fighting with him to play where he fits best in my secondary.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
He was the #11 overall and is a baller. If Miami doesn't hang up the phone within 2 seconds of someone offering a 50th or later pick for him, I would laugh my ass off.
gigem1223
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-could-consider-trading-taco-charlton-will-have-interest-in-minkah-fitzpatrick-for-the-right-price/amp/
BenFiasco14
AG
Good. Taco has been such a disappointment.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bonfarr
AG
The Fins want draft picks not players I doubt they have interest in Taco.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Grapesoda2525
If he really is that good of a player, I bet some team will cough up a first and the cowboys don't get him. I'm just hoping it's a team like the jets or bills. The NFC is already pretty strong. Hopefully he doesn't start helping one of our big rivals.
jr15aggie
AG
Thinking about the Tunsil trade... still can't believe Texans gave up two 1st rounders and a 2nd... just wow! I bet a single 1st rounder won't get it done for Fitzpatrick. They gave him permission to seek a trade, doesn't mean they will find any team willing to pay a kings ransom for him.
gigem1223
Well several reports out that the cowboys have talked to Miami about Minkah. That's encouraging at least.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Boy this is an interesting dilemma for Dallas.

On one had, I really really think Jeff Heath could be the one link on this D that can cost em a title run, but on the other hand Fitzpatrick is more experienced at the Free Safety position over the Strong Safety position (Heaths). That part of the equation I think would work itself out.

Then the matter of the price. I don't believe Fitzpatrick will draw a 1st rounder. That said, if they are truly to become a title contender , then a late 2nd rounder may not have provide equal value for Fitz. Even if you throw Taco in that seems like a deal where Dallas is getting a steal.

Wondering if Miami would take a 2nd, a 5th, and a Taco but I don't think they would. If Cowboys evaluation of Fitz really has him as a 1st round talent, on par with guys being drafted late in the 1st in 2020 then maybe they should just give up the 1.
ac04
would absolutely give a first. likely to be a late first. he is a stud and he's currently on a cheap contract. let's go balls out trying to win a SB this year and figure the rest out later.
bonfarr
AG
Xavier Woods can play strong safety if Fitzpatrick is against it but there really isn't a difference between the 2 positions in this defense.
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

Xavier Woods can play strong safety if Fitzpatrick is against it but there really isn't a difference between the 2 positions in this defense.

Exactly my thoughts. Minkah is a big bodied, versatile DB. I can guarantee you Richard is in the front office's ear screaming for him. Let's not forget we likely lose one of Brown or Jones (or both) after this season. Acquiring Minkah helps cover that blow.

jr15aggie
AG
I have no problem giving up what should be a late 1st round pick IF he fits at safety on this team.

Obviously I agree heath is the weak link on our defense. Hell, he's probably the weak link on the team in terms of starters.

PooDoo
AG
Guessing he prefers to play CB because he prefers CB money vs Safety money.
bonfarr
AG
I read that Minkah and Taco share the same agent, that could work in our favor.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, he could arrange to send Taco to move Minkah's stuff to Dallas. One Worthless DE and a Truck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.