***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,514 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonfarr said:

I wish someone would put a spreadsheet together with all of the salaries on it for the next 3 years so I can figure out how it all fits under the cap. Where is all the money cominflg from if we plan to sign Dak and Amari to extensions.
They're probably going to drop Tyron smith in a year or two to cover everyone. His back isn't what it used to be.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Basically a 4/$50M deal. Theyll ride him the next 4 years them either restructure or cut him.
Dddfff
AG
Overthecap.com

Pick the team your interested in and then you can look up each year's contracts.
wangus12
AG
Jerry better pray it all comes together this year or next, otherwise they're screwed. The only way this contract is gonna be seen favorably is if they win a Super Bowl, which I still don't see happening. Not with Garrett running things
ElephantRider
AG
Yep. We're going to be a laughing stock if this doesn't work
Baby Billy
AG
Better keep drafting out of this world.

I'm glad the deal got done. I do expect Pollard to take a few extra carries this weekend as they bring Zeke up to speed.
dellgriffith
AG
dellgriffith said:

investorAg83 said:

dellgriffith said:

The offer to Zeke isn't changing and includes 45 million guaranteed. He is getting bad advice.

I HIGHLY doubt that figure but if that's true, he really is as dumb as I think he is. Take the ****ing money.

That figure is accurate today as well as 3 weeks ago. It isn't changing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
So I assume there is a clause in there that nullifies how much is paid if Zeke gets in trouble/suspended. So if it doesn't work out, you just got to frame him with something to get him suspended and then you're out of the contract
BMX Bandit
Looks like you got pretty good advice. Avoid all of training camp and still got all the money
jr15aggie
AG
Well, we all said he wasn't missing game checks. Glad he's back.

I'll wait to hear the real details. He won't see the end of this contract. It will either be restructured or he'll be cut. In the meantime we can afford it. Don't forget the cba and cap will be completely void and redone in a couple years... could be a strike for all we know.

Cowboys are still being smart with contracts IMO, mostly because we aren't overspending in free agency. But they are going all in with their guys.
Kashchei
AG
ElephantRider said:

Yep. We're going to be a laughing stock if this doesn't work

We generally have been for the last 25 years, what's a few more?
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Glad he's back. And I realize he's "not in football shape," but dude looks extra chubby, even for him. Will be interesting to see how he's used in first few games.
Ag Natural
AG
The Cowboys get criticized either way. Let Zeke walk or sign him, not many will give them the benefit of the doubt. You dont see many franchises taking heat for locking up an MVP caliber player. Now its upnto Zeke to continue to live up to it.
FriscoKid
AG
Should have let him walk. Way too much for a RB.
gigem1223
FriscoKid said:

Disagree. Zeke is the best player on this team. You
Let him walk and it's back to mediocrity with a team that has a real window of opportunity to win a championship.
Ag12thman
AG
FriscoKid said:

Yep. Agreed. Way, way overpaid and they also became market-setters which Jones said they could not do. You just can't trust anything that comes out of that guy's mouth.
Ag12thman
AG
wangus12 said:

Jerry better pray it all comes together this year or next, otherwise they're screwed. The only way this contract is gonna be seen favorably is if they win a Super Bowl, which I still don't see happening. Not with Garrett running things
ElephantRider
AG
I also would have let him walk
FriscoKid
AG
gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

Let him walk and it's back to mediocrity with a team that has a real window of opportunity to win a championship.

Only because of the big guys up front. They built the offense around the run and he happens to be the guy back there. He's good, but there are a dozen other guys out there that could do it too.
ac04
unfortunately those dozen other guys play for a dozen other NFL teams
ElephantRider
AG
With our line, you could get 70% of Zeke's production for a fraction of the price. That's the way to go, in my opinion.
gigem1223
FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

Only because of the big guys up front. They built the offense around the run and he happens to be the guy back there. He's good, but there are a dozen other guys out there that could do it too.

Well that's a big assumption. Zeke proved this narrative false just last year with a beat up rag tag OL. This offense runs through Zeke. He makes everyone else better whether it be running the ball or in the passing game.
98Ag99Grad
AG
you let him walk and you have no chance of winning it all. This gives you a window of 3-4 years to work with. Take your pick.
gigem1223
98Ag99Grad said:

you let him walk and you have no chance of winning it all. This gives you a window of 3-4 years to work with. Take your pick.

This
FriscoKid
AG
Corbin is going to put up big numbers for the Ags too this year. It's just the style of offense that is being run. Being able to run the ball is a system thing most of the time.

Guys like Barry Sanders are an exception.

IMO of course.
bonfarr
AG
wangus12 said:

Jerry is 78, he knows he has 2 or 3 years to get one more Lombardi trophy before he is dead or Al Davis senile so why wait? It's now or never
ac04
the cap goes up 10-15% every year and the new money doesn't even kick in until 2021. you have to strike while the iron is hot and this is the best team they've had in a very long time. letting him walk is an absurd idea.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm just gonna say that nfl fans ***** and moan when their team doesn't have any super stars and are terrible... and apparently they do the same thing when their team tries to keep their super stars!
Wabs
AG
Apparently Jerry is going all in, trying to get another SB before he dies. I see Zeke as absolutely necessary if the Cowboys have any shot whatsoever at a championship. However, I think it's a very, very long shot with Garrett as the HC unfortunately. Oh well....the life of a Cowboys fan....
gigem1223
Yep it amazes me how many Cowboys fans devalue their own stars.
BassCowboy33
Also factor in everything will go up, up, up under the new CBA, as well as a likely uncapped year between that.
ElephantRider
AG
Pretty sure there's no uncapped year under this CBA
DannyDuberstein
AG
Anyone have the exact details on the structure yet? As mentioned already, it's really all about the guaranteed money, the timing of it, and how the base salaries are allocated.
Wabs
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Anyone have the exact details on the structure yet? As mentioned already, it's really all about the guaranteed money, the timing of it, and how the base salaries are allocated.
I read $50M guaranteed, and I think Gourley was like $45M.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's what I've seen, but it takes more detail to figure out when the potential "outs" in the deal really are - which is mostly driven by a combination of when the guaranteed portion is being paid and what the annual base salaries look like. Also, sometimes that guaranteed number is misreported. My guess is is he got a healthy signing bonus upfront, and some of the early year base salaries in the deal may be guaranteed. But how much all that is would be the $100 million question.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.