Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

293,050 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TexAgs91
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So is there a t-shirt one can buy that says, "Here's My Dick. Want A Horse?"
Nagler
AG
Squadron7 said:

Isn't that a country song?
richardag
hph6203 said:

That's like asking the sun not to rise.
I know, it's in his nature. Appears he is attacking the Truth Social competitor, it is a reflexive action.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Bird Poo
AG
richardag said:

President Trump needs to back off the rhetoric.
It's quite possible Elon could be posturing to win favor with the GOP on whatever he's working on next.
Tailgate88
AG
Bird Poo said:

richardag said:

President Trump needs to back off the rhetoric.
It's quite possible Elon could be posturing to win favor with the GOP on whatever he's working on next.
It's working.
AgCat93
AG
Squadron7 said:

This is America. Starting making them ASAP at home with a Cricut.
will25u

will25u
Premium
AG
will25u said:

Lmao, yeah right. Baseless and waste of time
Whitetail
AG
Yep

Sea Speed
AG
Omg that will get the nutjobs riled up that is amazing
YouBet
AG
I had kind of written this off as not happening. Guess it still might?
Decay
AG
I've seen more "Elon Musk" hit pieces in random places than I can count. One was about how much of a failure 2022 has been for Musk. The only thing he's failed at is buying Twitter, and that's just in limbo?
GeeBee
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-says-twitter-in-material-breach-of-its-merger-agreement-133732089.html
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

"Based on Twitter's behavior to date, and the company's latest correspondence in particular, Mr. Musk believes the company is actively resisting and thwarting his information rights (and the company's corresponding obligations) under the merger agreement," the letter reads. "This is a clear material breach of Twitter's obligations under the merger agreement and Mr. Musk reserves all rights resulting therefrom, including his right not to consummate the transaction and his right to terminate the merger agreement."
Twitter has been running a Madoff scheme for years. Elon is exposing that.
We fixed the keg
AG
What are your thoughts here? Do you think he is doing this to drive the price down or is he looking to destroy the reputation and send it into a tailspin? Surely the board has to see there is no way they survive. He buys the company, they are gone. If they blow this deal, the shareholders get killed and they are gone. I am not naive enough to think there are some wokesters who would be fine losing 30% to keep twitter woke, but I don't think they come close to a majority when it comes to share ownership.
aggiehawg
AG
We fixed the keg said:

What are your thoughts here? Do you think he is doing this to drive the price down or is he looking to destroy the reputation and send it into a tailspin? Surely the board has to see there is no way they survive. He buys the company, they are gone. If they blow this deal, the shareholders get killed and they are gone. I am not naive enough to think there are some wokesters who would be fine losing 30% to keep twitter woke, but I don't think they come close to a majority when it comes to share ownership.
Elon seems to me to be a straight shooter when it comes to free speech. He saw Twitter as infringing upon that for solely political reasons. Took a deeper look and his spidey senses told him they were not on the up and up so he made the tender offer to find out the truth
YouBet
AG
We fixed the keg said:

In this world of zero accountability and propping up the left at all costs, I have no confidence that the natural order of things would play out here. I could see a massive financial rescue operation come about either from a collaboration of leftists and/or the government to keep them afloat.

They are an active, globalist, leftist, government propaganda channel and I simply don't think the powers that be will let them fail unless they have a backup ready to go in the wings.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Exactly. Dems would come to the rescue of a company 'savaged by Elon'; and the MSM would support it 100%
We fixed the keg
AG
There is definitely a "tilted scale" here for sure. I think there are enough of their own people who want them gone for being caught flat-footed here. In the end, I still think Elon ends up with twitter, but at a discounted rate, but I would not be completely surprised if it was never about owning twitter either.
aggiehawg
AG
We fixed the keg said:

There is definitely a "tilted scale" here for sure. I think there are enough of their own people who want them gone for being caught flat-footed here. In the end, I still think Elon ends up with twitter, but at a discounted rate, but I would not be completely surprised if it was never about owning twitter either.
Possibly. Maybe for him it becomes a question of whether Twitter is salvageable or not.
. . .
chase128
AG
For some reason I find it hilarious the word "consummate" keeps being used.
jh0400
AG
If the number of active users is materially less due to TWTR's underestimation or misrepresentation of the actual number of bots on the platform, I have a hard time seeing how Musk isn't successful in either retrading or walking away under the Material Adverse Effect clauses in the merger agreement.
will25u
We fixed the keg
AG
Who is going to tell them?

The "agreed upon price and terms" went out the window when # of fake accounts became visible.
aggiehawg
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Who is going to tell them?

The "agreed upon price and terms" went out the window when # of fake accounts became visible.
Yeah, when one cooks the books like that, the price gets renegotiated or the deal falls through.
chase128
AG
Elon puts on a Vader mask : " I HAVE ALTERED THE DEAL. PRAY I DON'T ALTER IT ANY FURTHER"
FrioAg 00
AG
And of the deal falls through, when the fraud is known, the current board and mgmt team are toast anyway
DeLaHonta
AG
It's hilarious watching Elon try to weasel his way out of a deal he made for attention while high. What kind of moron waives due diligence when making a $44 billion acquisition? Buyer's remorse is a B, especially when it's for $44 billion.
cecil77
AG
Uncertain that a man able to accumulate a quarter of a trillion dollars in net worth can be deemed to have "made a deal for attention".
DeLaHonta
AG
You must not follow Elon very closely if you don't think he is obsessed with getting attention.
Nitro Power
AG
DeLaHonta said:

It's hilarious watching Elon try to weasel his way out of a deal he made for attention while high. What kind of moron waives due diligence when making a $44 billion acquisition? Buyer's remorse is a B, especially when it's for $44 billion.
I can assure you he has some plan. Twitter is fixing to learn what said plan is.
cecil77
AG
DeLaHonta said:

You must not follow Elon very closely if you don't think he is obsessed with getting attention.

He's obsessed with making money. That draws attention.
DeLaHonta
AG
Yeah, he definitely posts memes and acts like a child constantly on Twitter all day purely to make money and not just for attention. My bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.