Wandavision Discussion Thread

190,802 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomorrow we are getting the first two episodes!

• Episode 1: Available Jan. 15.
  • Episode 2: Available Jan. 15.
  • Episode 3: Available Jan. 22.
  • Episode 4: Available Jan. 29.
  • Episode 5: Available Feb. 5.
  • Episode 6: Available Feb. 12.
  • Episode 7: Available Feb. 19.
  • Episode 8: Available Feb. 26.

• Disney launched this a few hours ago, interviews with the cast and Feige

dave94
    AG
    Do we know if this drops at midnight pacific time like Mando?
    The Collective
    AG
    Just watching for Elizabeth Olsen.
    degreedy
    AG
    dave94 said:

Do we know if this drops at midnight pacific time like Mando?
    I assume that it will, but haven't seen anything confirmed.
    Saxsoon
    AG
    I Have Spoken said:

Just watching for Elizabeth Olsen.

I bet she is happy she doesn't have to do that accent
    Duncan Idaho
    Since there aren't any stars on the title of this thread, where are we going to discuss the show as it airs?
    Saxsoon
    AG
    https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1349781129696477184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1349781129696477184%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
    Saxsoon
    AG
    Great review of the first three episodes

https://decider.com/2021/01/14/wandavision-review-marvel-disney-plus/
    imjustsayin
    AG
    I'm very excited about this and have been waiting to even start this thread. I didn't realize how hungry I was for new Marvel MCU content till this week. ... found myself counting the days till tomorrow and blocking of a "lunch window" to watch it!

A very intriguing format for the MCU... let's bring it on!
    Fat Bib Fortuna
    AG
    can't wait to see what Baby Yoda is up to.
    jamesf
    AG
    So it looks like each episode is an homage to a different sitcom? That will be interesting to see if they do some of the more modern sitcoms like Friends or The Office.
    dave94
    AG
    imjustsayin said:

I'm very excited about this and have been waiting to even start this thread. I didn't realize how hungry I was for new Marvel MCU content till this week. ... found myself counting the days till tomorrow and blocking of a "lunch window" to watch it!

A very intriguing format for the MCU... let's bring it on!
    I'm also very ready for some new Marvel content. Will definitely be exciting when the presumably new Marvel TV intro kicks in.
    Van Buren Boy
    AG
    First episode was really fun. Going to save episode 2 for a few days. Nothing given away as far as I could tell.
    AMW2010
    AG
    FORRRRRRR THE CHILDREN!
    Cromagnum
    AG
    jamesf said:

So it looks like each episode is an homage to a different sitcom? That will be interesting to see if they do some of the more modern sitcoms like Friends or The Office.

I saw Kitty from That 70's Show in one of the trailers.
    Van Buren Boy
    AG
    Cromagnum said:

jamesf said:

I saw Kitty from That 70's Show in one of the trailers.

She's in the first episode
    Post removed:
    by user
    bluefire579
    AG
    I found the first two episodes enjoyable in a Pleasantville nostalgia kind of way.

With that beekeeper at the end of episode 2...maybe Swarm as the baddie?
    Geriatric Punk
    AG
    Makes me want to re-watch Old Boy, or at least 1 scene.
    The Dirty Sock
    What the hell did I just watch?
    Saxsoon
    AG
    Just started watching. Surreal as **** to see the Marvel opening after all this time for it to transition to this ridiculously amazing 50s sitcom opening.
    The Collective
    AG
    I had fits of laughter multiple times in episode 1, and I'm not sure why.
    The Collective
    AG
    Saxsoon said:

Just started watching. Surreal as **** to see the Marvel opening after all this time for it to transition to this ridiculously amazing 50s sitcom opening.

When the sound went mono, I was like... alright!
    Jimmy McNulty
    AG
    So I just watched all the marvel movies when I had Covid.

What exactly is the point of this show?
    Saxsoon
    AG
    Jimmy McNulty said:

So I just watched all the marvel movies when I had Covid.

What exactly is the point of this show?
    Just a guess but this seems like Wanda is processing the trauma of losing Vision. There are thoughts that the sitcom format is similar to how we the viewing audience have used sitcoms over the decades to help us cope with the difficulties of life. There is also lots of thoughts that this will lead us into Doctor Strange 2 since Wanda will be a part of it.
    GiveEmHellBill
    AG
    "From what I understand, gum is simply for mastication."
    ".....uhhhh, I don't do that."

That cracked my up so much.
    degreedy
    AG
    I have a very blah theory on what is happening/when this all takes place.

I believe that this entire WandaVision series takes place obvioiusly in Wanda's head, but at the moment she destroys the Power Stone in Infinity War. This may be obvious to some, but not to others, I don't know. I have nothing to back this up other than trying to figure out when this all fits in the Marvel Timeline. This series happens, she realizes Vision is really dead, then she snaps out of it, gets dusted away, then gets revived when Hulk undoes the Blip. She comes back, remembering all that she experienced in her head with Vision, then wants to kill Thanos during Endgame.
    Aggie_Journalist
    AG
    After the watch with Strucker's name on it (the Hydra guy who created Wanda) in Ep. 2, I'm feeling bullish about my theory from the main Marvel thread.

I wonder if the WandaVision plot is Hydra-related.

Wanda was created by Hydra, so they may have programmed her to be controlled or manipulated in some sort of way... similar to winter soldier.

And her fake reality appears to be controlling how ensnared people behave, which feels like a very Hydra goal - control.

So maybe someone at Hydra triggers her to create this controlled reality that keeps expanding and ensnares anyone who walks into it. On the outside, they're trying to wake her up / contain it. Other avengers might even try to get to her and become ensnared by the illusion as the season goes on.

And maybe, somewhere inside the illusion, the hydra agent who triggered it all is hiding out and trying to keep it on track and continue the expansion, wearing a magneto-like helmet that makes him immune to Scarlet Witch's control.
    Thanks and gig'em
    redline248
    AG
    What is the sword logo? Can't be as obvious as SWORD, the organizion, right? Did anyone recognize the voice talking to Wanda?

There have already been some pretty hilarious moments. Can't wait to keep peeling the layers off, each week.
    Saxsoon
    AG
    The fact that jimmy woo was reaching out to her through the radio, I think she is in the hands of bad guys
    C@LAg
    redline248 said:

What is the sword logo? Can't be as obvious as SWORD, the organizion, right? D
    re: Sword. Yes.
    C@LAg
    Saxsoon said:

The fact that jimmy woo was reaching out to her through the radio, I think she is in the hands of bad guys
    or, she is under observation by good guys (assuming SWORD is "good" as they are in the comics).

if we are dealing with some sort of mental issues, it is possible she is creating the reality and has grabbed other people into it.
    Like the boss and his wife - that is why the wife was begging Wanda to "stop it".
    And we see a similar comment in the trailer when Agatha makes a comment to Vision.
    Same with Monica Rambeau,

C@LAg
    third coast.. said:

very meh to me but i will keep watching.
    agreed. the only parts that interested me were the ones that tie into the present day (the SWORD drone and "beekeeper", etc).

and 7 minutes of credits? that part cracked me up the most.

but we still have approx 2.5 hours to TV show left, so I expect it will ramp up.
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    This better start getting interesting and quick. Pushing through episode 2.
    rhutton125
    AG
    I have a feeling this will start to open up before long. Like the lady in episode 1 said, "give them time, they're setting up their story."

[sp]I don't think it's a coincidence that she was also repeating "Stop it" while her husband was choking to death. Maybe this is subconsciously part of Wanda trying to stop how things played out after Thanos choked and then killed Vision?

Most intriguing to me is that the voice at the end is asking "Who is doing this to you?" It may be a subconscious Wanda thing, but it could also be some malicious presence taking advantage of her. Perhaps a "I can give you what you want," deal with the devil kind of thing.

Plenty of evidence to support any of our theories, which I enjoy. Just, damn it... I need way more than 2 episodes. It's going to be hard to have to wait in between 30-minute chunks.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.