*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,758 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was the deal with the pearl?
wangus12
AG
Holy **** that was awesome! Love how much this show plays as an old western straight down to townsfolk and Indians joining forces to win the day.

So glad this show is back
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

I think its just a callback in SW lore for fans. Krayt dragons have these rare pearls that were worth a lot in some of the video games. You could use it in your lightsaber in KOTOR
YellowPot_97
AG
I didn't realize who that was at the end until the credits said Temura Morrison! So awesome they brought him back to play Boba Fett! What happens when Mando finds out that Boba is a clone and not a true Mandalorian? He isn't giving up the armor to Boba.
heddleston
AG
wangus12 said:

jeffk said:

You could use it in your lightsaber in KOTOR

It made your lightsaber DANG powerful and awesome.
jeffk
AG
Ah, thanks! Kotor was a long time ago and I'd forgotten the pearl thing.
Vince Blake
As both a fan of Kotor and Justified...that may have been my favorite episode of television of 2020. Loved it!
Duncan Idaho
I don't know how they do it but they are able to throw in a **** load of easter eggs but rare is the time it feels like fan service or pandering
exitone
AG
JCRiley09 said:

When did Timothy Olyphant go from looking like Josh Duhamel to looking like Pierce Brosnan?
Damn. That's a funny comment. And I was absolutely wondering the same thing myself.
YellowPot_97
AG
I loved that they used both the original and remastered sounds Obi-wan made imitating the Krayt Dragon
twilly
AG
Another campfire scene on Tatooine. Where are they getting the wood to make a fire?
jeffk
AG
Bantha dung burns.
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

Another campfire scene on Tatooine. Where are they getting the wood to make a fire?

Who says they are burning wood?

https://imgur.com/a/Ls9wb
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Just watched it again with the fam. Stunned to see John Leguizamo's name in the credits. He was Gor Koresh the cyclops in the opening scene.

The Tuskens let Mando borrow some macrobinoculars that are carbon copies of the one Luke uses in A New ope before they attack him.

Duncan Idaho
jeffk said:

Bantha dung burns.

I was trying to find the passage from one of Larry McMurtry's books where he talks about burring buffalo chips to keep warm. But decided C3PO burning jawas was more appropriate
jeffk
jokershady
AG
Loved the episode. Had no idea the dragon was in other stories of Star Wars. Right when it first showed up my first thought was of the giant skeleton in the background in A New Hope when C3PO made the realization he'd gone the wrong way and yelled for help to the Jawas.

I simply thought they were showing what the live version of that skeleton was.

And you definitely do not recognize John Leguziamos voice in the beginning. When I saw his name in the credits I had to rewind it and watch that scene again
amercer
AG
I will say that the marshal seemed out of place in this series. Everyone we've met so far is scum and villainy of some sort. Most of the good guys are even grittier than the bad guys.

So a smiling good guy really threw me for a loop. I kept expecting him to turn on Mando at some point.
twilly
AG
jeffk said:

Bantha dung burns.
Bantha poodoo?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Good frame of Boba from IO9

jeffk
AG
What was Mando saying about the abandoned sarlacc pit? That the sand people had killed one and ate it or the dragon had?
Forum Troll
AG
jeffk said:

What was Mando saying about the abandoned sarlacc pit? That the sand people had killed one and ate it or the dragon had?

Dragon did. That was why the pit was abandoned.
redline248
AG
One thing I was sort of expecting was some kind of call back to Ming-Na Wen. Had to the marshal who found her at the end of that episode last season...
wangus12
AG
That was Esposito's character wasn't it?
redline248
AG
At the time people were speculating it was Boba. Don't think Esposito would have been on Tatooine
PatAg
AG
IF its him, why is he just lurking around watching his gear be worn by someone else? Real intereswted to see what he does next
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

I'm wondering if basically everything in that trailer or preview or whatever is from the first episode.
While this was predictable, still a good call
TCTTS
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
That was a fun episode
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I thought this episode was a rehash of chapter 4 to introduce a couple more plot elements. Hopefully the show breaks off from the episodic plots more.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this show seems to have the exact same formula as Clone Wars. 3-4 episodes with a overarching plot, and then the rest are world building.
jbryan10
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The Tuskens let Mando borrow some macrobinoculars that are carbon copies of the one Luke uses in A New ope before they attack him.

I think those may have been the same ones that the Han-like bounty hunter wannabe had to give the Tuscans to pass through their land
DallasTeleAg
Fun episode. However, I don't know how they are ever going to beat the scene of the troopers having target practice.
kyledr04
AG
Iowaggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

Great start. Like someone posted above, definitely made me think of Tremors

Said the same thing to wife.

Needs more Bacon

Bacon would have been a great marshall
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm guessing it was Boba who found the dead assassin in S1, and it was Boba we saw at the end of this week's episode.

I bet next week's episode opens with Boba finding Mando in Mos Eisley and we'll get another one of these "I need something from you in exchange for information I know about a certain cloning planet," arrangements, and by episode 3 or 4, Mando will be headed to that planet the clones are from.

What could Boba want? I don't know. Maybe he's getting old and lonely, perhaps he's dying, and he wants to either find family to die with (clones!) or go back to Mandalor or the place he was born.

And maybe he has an ulterior motive and will become a regular player pursuing his own agenda who frequently crosses Mando's path in the seasons to come.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was an awesome Tremors sequel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.